Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Middlesbrough, Capital One Cup, Sky Sports 1 K.O 19:45

• 23-09-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

liverbird-icon.png V Middlesbrough_crest.png

dq2260.png

Liverpool play their fourth game in ten days and will likely rest some key players with the Merseyside derby looming this weekend. Ex Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones is likely to start in goal for Liverpool while Kolo Toure, Jose Enrique, Suso, Jordan Rossiter and Rickie Lambert all likely to start for the Reds.

Middlesbrough are on a 3 game unbeaten run in the Championship having just beaten Brentford 4-0 at the weekend and they will sense a cup scalp could be on the horizon with an out of sorts Liverpool team at Anfield . Kick off is 19:45 on Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-0 Boro.

Eh, aren't Liverpool at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Eh, aren't Liverpool at home?

Apologies. Dont know why I though we were away

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ugh! Not only is this going to be a tricky game as Boro are in rude health right now, its been made public with a dedicated thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

2-1 Boro, the struggle for Brendan to go on

• Advertisement

• The SAS should give Mignolet another stern test tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A dodgy L'pool Win. 1-0 or 2-1. Balotelli to score a peno

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Stuttering home win or deserved away win I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Really nervous about this. Would go 3-5-2 with the the 3 main CBs all starting, they need the experience. Rest the wing backs, pull gerrard and mignolet, start Mario, Markowicz and Borini.

Dont care a fig for the competition, we have our hands full in the other 3 so I'd have been happy to see us crash out with the kids only playing, but reality is we are in desperate need of something resembling a performance...got to win, not because we need to progress in this cup but because we need something to grab on to as a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

1-1 after 90 mins and a jammy Liverpool winner as shootout looms.

• Advertisement

I am pie wrote: »
    Really nervous about this. Would go 3-5-2 with the the 3 main CBs all starting, they need the experience. Rest the wing backs, pull gerrard and mignolet, start Mario, Markowicz and Borini.

Dont care a fig for the competition, we have our hands full in the other 3 so I'd have been happy to see us crash out with the kids only playing, but reality is we are in desperate need of something resembling a performance...got to win, not because we need to progress in this cup but because we need something to grab on to as a team.

With the Everton game up next and this being the 4th game in 10 days that would be mad. With Sturridge just coming back risking Balotelli would be mad.

Going out with starting 11 players just for the experience will back fire if whats on the wing and infront of them is youth. Brendan should play fringe players and nobody from his top 11/13 ahead of Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

A dodgy L'pool Win. 1-0 or 2-1. Balotelli to score a peno

Replace Lambert for Balo and I think you might be correct...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Soups123 wrote: »
    With the Everton game up next and this being the 4th game in 10 days that would be mad. With Sturridge just coming back risking Balotelli would be mad.

Going out with starting 11 players just for the experience will back fire if whats on the wing and infront of them is youth. Brendan should play fringe players and nobody from his top 11/13 ahead of Saturday

I don't think all of his starting 11 can get a night off. Lallana could do with a game, as could Borini. I think Manquillo starts as our only fit RB, even McLaughlin is injured...

Dickerty wrote: »
    I don't think all of his starting 11 can get a night off. Lallana could do with a game, as could Borini. I think Manquillo starts as our only fit RB, even McLaughlin is injured...

Lallana yes but Kevin Stewart could play a part at right back (or is he injured as well?!). He's looked quite handy so far .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

3-1 but Boro to score first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I'll go with a 4-1 win to Liverpool . Expect a much better performance then last Sat .

Dickerty wrote: »

I think it should, this game is so unimportant to Liverpool in the grand scheme of things, although they could do with a win for confidence.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think it should, this game is so unimportant to Liverpool in the grand scheme of things, although they could do with a win for confidence.

Disagree, it's not an important tournament but this result has the potential to ratchet up or alleviate the pressure in a big way.

Cannot go with 11 who haven't played much together, no way.

Disagree, it's not an important tournament but this result has the potential to ratchet up or alleviate the pressure in a big way.

Cannot go with 11 who haven't played much together, no way.

It depends, go out with a youth team and fringe players a loss has no impact on morale, go out with a mix or full strenght and not get the performance or result needed it goes the opposite way.

Focus should be firmly on Everton. Imagine how you would feel if Baloteli was to get injured and Sturridge wasnt right for Saturday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

3-1 but Boro to score first

Saved for hindsight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

ByPEDQ3CUAEwHKF.jpg

Phew no Gerrard! Sterling is unexpected though. Lack of kids :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Should have rested Sterling really, burnout is a real possibly .

If Sterling gets injured I'm gonna wreck the place!!

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Should have rested Sterling really, burnout is a real possibly .

Burnout? 5 games in?

Hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Quite happy with that team. Interested as to how Rossiter will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I think its very important to win this game. Happy to see a reasonably strong team out there. Intriguing to see how Rossiter plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would have liked Suso to start ahead of Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Burnout? 5 games in?

Hmmm...

No, but they all count in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

No Stevie G! Great!

Wonder can Lucas give us a decent outing against a champs team?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Wonder can Lucas give us a decent outing against a champs team?

Were about to find out!

Unfortunately!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rossiter could not have asked for a better time to be given a shot. With all the injuries and lack of form afflicting the midfield, he has a real chance to stake a claim here. I hope he does the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Has anyone seen much or any of Boro? Physical team or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Delighted for Rossitier and Lambert for obvious reasons. I really wish Sterling was rested, why was he rested against Villa? Gerrard rested, happy with that. No harm in Manquilo starting after what happened Saturday. I've already lost faith in Lucas to be honest, just hope he doesn't fcuk up too much. If he can't cut it against a Championship team...

Another thing, Lallana is one more game back from injury, he should really start kicking on soon if he is to at all. Let's hope it's tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bit of a kick in the balls to Lucas for Lambert to be the captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I thought Suso was offski?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Captain Rickie!!...Hopefully some motivation for him to score

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is the Williams lad on the bench? I've not watched as much youth games as I'd like lately so not familiar with him. Looking forward to seeing Rossiter though. I thought Ojo might get a bench position as well.

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is the Williams lad on the bench? I've not watched as much youth games as I'd like lately so not familiar with him. Looking forward to seeing Rossiter though. I thought Ojo might get a bench position as well.

49 Jordan Williams Wales CB/DM 6 November 1995 (age 18) LFC Academy joined 2009 from wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Can SSN just change their official name to Steve Sports News? Throwing the entire Liverpool midfield under the bus to make any and every excuse for Gerrard' play this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

49 Jordan Williams Wales CB/DM 6 November 1995 (age 18) LFC Academy joined 2009 from wikipedia.

1995 holy god

Billy86 wrote: »
    Can SSN just change their official name to Steve Sports News? Throwing the entire Liverpool midfield under the bus to make any and every excuse for Gerrard' play this season.

Just listening to 5live Alan Green not hearing a word against Gerrard, while John Hartson was rather more circumspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Goaaaaaal markovic .....

Premonition..

8-10 wrote: »
    1995 holy god

Jordan Rossiter March 1997.

I really feel old now:(

Sounds like LFC should have had a peno there (handball)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Those broken advertising boards are really going to annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just listening to 5live Alan Green not hearing a word against Gerrard, while John Hartson was rather more circumspect.

Basically what I picked up from Sky was that nearly all of Rogers errors are the players fault. And Gerrards issues are his midfield partners fault (who he "carried" last season apparently?), and of those midfield partners, the problems being had by the English one is the foreign defenders' fault. And Balotelli is lazy (said while they were showing him chasing down the goal kick which they then fobbed off as "that isn't brave" - I mean... ???) and is not justifying his "big money" 16mn transfer, because it is apparently still 2002.

I'm a United fan, but while the levels of idiocy on SSN at times, should by now never cease to amaze me... they always find a way.

Rossiter scores! :D

Yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement