Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Business on Line

Options
  • 23-09-2014 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Right, as a small business I am entirely fed up with this online system, as a single user I have north of 4 passwords just to gain access. These changing every three months is beyond me, security? So many passwords means the need to write them down so there goes the security out the window!

What's everyone's thoughts or recommendations on the best bank out there for online operations for small business?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

The BOI 365 online is not too bad. You can use this as a small business trading as account, and it is separate from the personal 365.
    But when you go to BOI to get a business account they plug you straight into their Business Banking, which as you have noticed is a real pain to use, and do not mention the 365 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Can I request to go onto the 365 side do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I used to be with business banking online from BOI and after many complaints they provided me the option of opening a 365 online account for the business account. It's exactly the same as my current accounts one and the setup was so simple and fast --- WHY did they not offer this before or at least gave the option?

It took one phone call and a couple of minutes. I was setup instantly and now the frustration is gone and so are the monthly charges. Thank god!

I recommend you talk to your branch manager or business banking adviser and they can help you setup / check if you are eligible

Thanks, im gonna go in tomorrow and ask for that instead....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Thanks, im gonna go in tomorrow and ask for that instead....

Please share how you get on, they told me that as a limited company it can't be done, maybe John Jones T/A Tome Jones type account will work better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Was told today there's an update in January. Said to her that I've been told that before, but it's in final testing. Not a huge overhaul, but irons out some of the issues with Mac, IE etc.

elastico wrote: »
    Please share how you get on, they told me that as a limited company it can't be done, maybe John Jones T/A Tome Jones type account will work better!

Ive just been told this which is pointless as cheques made out to the company name cant be lodged.

They didn't seem to care I was on the verge of moving elsewhere :( ie not willing to make any suggestions or to take on board what a useless system it is they have in place.

Right, im after recommendations for a bank (NOT AIB) to move my business account over to.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Was told today there's an update in January. Said to her that I've been told that before, but it's in final testing.

I was told the same when I opened my business account with them a couple of years ago too. I wouldn't hold my breath...

I have to use the Avant browser to access my account, even IE acts up when I try to authorise a payment on it these days :(

D Hayes wrote: »
    I was told the same when I opened my business account with them a couple of years ago too. I wouldn't hold my breath...

I have to use the Avant browser to access my account, even IE acts up when I try to authorise a payment on it these days :(

I was told that too, but saw screenshots. Seems fairly similar, just a slight update. Mac compatible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Right, im after recommendations for a bank (NOT AIB) to move my business account over to.

You're pretty much looking at Ulster Bank. I did actually look at moving to them - purely because of BOI-BOL - but there's a stack (literally: a 2-inch high stack) of paperwork that needs to be completed in order to move and I don't have the time or inclination right now.

• Advertisement

Around 3 years overdue (according to their staff assurances).

I like that multi-browser compatibility is a feature of their new offering :rolleyes:

Wondering if bank feeds will be available. No reply from them about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

When is it actually live for users?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Trojan wrote: »
    When is it actually live for users?

Watching the promo video, it seems it's still in testing. Then it will be phased in on a customer-by-customer basis. How long is a piece of string? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Still cant go back more than 90 days when looking for a statement.

looks/sounds like a redesigned job of the current turd

The much needed re-design of the online banking website is available here - www.businessonline-boi.com. New website address, which is a bit unusual. The re-design looks great and it now works on modern browsers and Macs!

It is still lacking some basic functionality - i.e. setting up and cancelling direct debits/standing orders. But it's a start at least.

same crappy backend with a prettier face

Nuttzz wrote: »
    same crappy backend with a prettier face

Agreed. But they've gone away from those Java applets (or whatever they're called) at last - those feckin pop-ups which would just crash randomly. Jesus, it was awful. I had to download Avant browser to get the last version working.

I'll welcome this version with open arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭screamer

Hate the BOI banking online, it never works, locks us out, have to ring them separately to get new passwords. Awful, just bloody awful, and thinking time to change banks now.

• Advertisement

I'm actually really trying to root for the new re-design. But this sh*t boils my blood:

fcMwLjI.png

I rang them about it, as I couldn't authorise a payment on Chrome. They said you can't use it on Chrome, as Chrome are phasing out Java.

Now, in fairness to other Irish institutions (revenue.ie), they're phasing out Java for a Javascript solution. Which is what BOI should be doing too. But it doesn't seem to be on their roadmap.

Christ.

two steps forward and one back, they should have moved from java when they had the chance

Advertisement