Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

On my phone posting atm but will reopen the poll in the next few hours

BOOM!

TBC wins 11-10 in sudden death, fair play to both of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

****ing hell that was close! Really enjoyed that debate sir, and to be honest I would have loved to have kept going with it, they are both two very interesting cases to use which leads to a fun and interesting debate!

Just realised this is my 3rd ATH and 3rd time to reach the final, I'm gunning for that two-time crown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Glad to have made it as far as I did.

I knew when I was drawn against thebostoncrab, I'd be in trouble! Great debate, I learned a bit of history along the way too! Interesting now to see how the other semi goes, and how the final format will end up being.

Again TBC, been a pleasure jousting with ya, and good luck for the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Two epic SFs well done all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As Liz said 2 great match ups and hopefully the final wont disappoint. TBC scrapped through and tomorrow we will know who hes facing.

My baby is due over the weekend so i may be late with putting teh match up but hope to have at least 5 mins to throw it up at Tuesday at the latest.

Any more thoughts on a 2 out of 3 falls match?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    As Liz said 2 great match ups and hopefully the final wont disappoint. TBC scrapped through and tomorrow we will know who hes facing.

My baby is due over the weekend so i may be late with putting teh match up but hope to have at least 5 mins to throw it up at Tuesday at the latest.

Congrats on the baby buddy, hope everything goes great, and as stress free as possible!

I originally voted for the classic match idea, but the more I think about it, the 2 out of 3 falls sounds better. Especially now that several of the matches leading up to the final have been so close (both my quarter and semi finals ended up as draws, before sudden death applied - by order of that dang Gorilla Monsoon).

It should be a great way to prevent any draw situations.

Congrats and good luck with the baby, hope all goes well

What happened to the Final guys?

If you're not down to this ring by the toll of ten bells, i'm declaring myself the winner by forfeit :P:P:P

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What happened to the Final guys?

If you're not down to this ring by the toll of ten bells, i'm declaring myself the winner by forfeit :P:P:P

Beakerjoe who is now daddyjoe was running it this year and he has posted only once since the semis I believe to say thanks for the congtats on the birth of his child.

Usually I would take over at this stage but im in the final vs the crabman and tbh I got married during the past few weeks myself so wasn't too didsspointed with the delay

• Advertisement

Beakerjoe who is now daddyjoe was running it this year and he has posted only once since the semis I believe to say thanks for the congtats on the birth of his child.

Usually I would take over at this stage but im in the final vs the crabman and tbh I got married during the past few weeks myself so wasn't too didsspointed with the delay

Oh! Congrats on all fronts so guys!

However....

img-161305-m.jpg

Ten....

Congrats BH

9dot_nine.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

hQoOUNNSHpdw0G8J2uiGFwjhjYnNia1kc6LDjlcstaUPNGC1M0tbhZE3U09B10Z1aSvzOqJw21gkQFIH5Z1R8vx4HAoO6U7rhNGUjeHN_DUqusutuKxdbZdoTvLdt11FeX917gvE8P8=w515-h285-nc

8ball.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If Joe doesn't come back before 5 I'd be happy to take over. I have a question in mind and if others send a question they think would be good we could easily get 5 good questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Shouldn't speak aloud but I think with all this excitement it should be a one match final.

"Pick a couple of superstars at any time in wrestling history. Book the best wedding and/or pregnancy angle you can think of?"

What??? Weddings and wrestling go together like salt and pepper. No better time to drop the nuptial bomb.

bcw09.jpg

tumblr_n95dgs33HH1qju732o3_400.jpg

bookert.jpg

We comin' fo you, N word

• Advertisement

gpokvfi0PXbS_mYoAmiwcZF45WDdehileF9YaM_bpjKjj6V0hg8G1ajSW8jYZkeRsE2FYEwB7QwQbK--isz00DGXFvGU91r6IvUDgAAIEuNEIYtFcgvG9LWQGQNh1RCzHRypVYvdsk6Mmwfo1DfL48qb=w512-h287-nc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hey guys...

Firstly one big apology for not being able to continue being the host of ATH. I had hoped to get back into it, but unfortunately with my Lil baby girl being born 3 weeks early (healthy of course) it's been very hard to find time. Being a father to a new born has been tough and admittedly it's been harder than iI thought to find time to do anything that doesn't revolve around my girl or sleep.

I would love to continue as host, but I really can't commit. I'd gladly hand the Roman Reigns over to Mrkiscool. I have about 6 or 7 great questions left from the likes of conman and Omackeral if ya need them.

Good luck to BH and TBC in the final and hopefully I'll be back for the draft

Miss you guys

Hey guys...

Firstly one big apology for not being able to continue being the host of ATH. I had hoped to get back into it, but unfortunately with my Lil baby girl being born 3 weeks early (healthy of course) it's been very hard to find time. Being a father to a new born has been tough and admittedly it's been harder than iI thought to find time to do anything that doesn't revolve around my girl or sleep.

I would love to continue as host, but I really can't commit. I'd gladly hand the Roman Reigns over to Mrkiscool. I have about 6 or 7 great questions left from the likes of conman and Omackeral if ya need them.

Miss you guys

Thanks dude. It gets easier,. We had our first, a boy, there 4 months ago. Once they start sleeping through the night, thongs somehow seem easier!

Hey guys...

Miss you guys
    Sorry that you can't continue Joe, but great to hear the baby is doing well! Also, I'll glaldy take the Roman Reigns and do the final. So if you want to send me the questions (or if anyone else has ideas for questions) I can get this started before the week is over :)

Three

img_9030.jpg

23410312-portrait-black-referee-calling-two-shot-foul.jpg

Before we get counted out can we have a ref here to ask the question and ring the bell to get us started?

Waiting to get questions in before I ask the question I have in mind.

So yeah, question is up. I'm not sure how good everyone thinks it is but I think it's a question that gives a lot of lee-way and makes both TBC and Bounty Hunter think :). Feedback on the question would be much appreciated (even if it is just a "You Fcuked Up" meme :P)

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Shouldn't speak aloud but I think with all this excitement it should be a one match final.

"Pick a couple of superstars at any time in wrestling history. Book the best wedding and/or pregnancy angle you can think of?"

What??? Weddings and wrestling go together like salt and pepper. No better time to drop the nuptial bomb.

This is a real cracker of a question imo

Advertisement