Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ask CSF maybe? He loves a good discussion and I reckon he could fight his corner well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Love to take part again and try reclaim my crown, I'm back from Spain this Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

TBC makes up the last man so.... I'll havev the first match up tomorrow afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ask CSF maybe? He loves a good discussion and I reckon he could fight his corner well.

Flattery will always win with me, I'm in!!!

Edit- just read above, I'll be an interested spectator nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damn missed out again two years in a row

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So me vs Liz, well im not usually in favour of giving a beating to a girl so perhaps ill have to follow my usual trend of going out in the first round... we will see

Come up with a good few potential questions so far should be fun

Grand heres the finished tournament Brackets :

Winnie
    Garseys
    QF1:W1 vs W2
    Lord TSC
    Shagnasti
    SF1:WQF1 vs WQF2
    Caster Troy
    Omackeral
    GF1:W3 vs w4
    Bounty Hunter
    JP Liz
    Final:
    MrKisCool
    GerryBBadd
    QF3:W5 vs W6
    BeakerJoe
    LeeMJ
    SF2:WQF3 vs WQF4
    MoneyMaker
    Legend DIT
    QF4:W7 vs W8
    Sin Eater
    TheBostonCrab

The back ups are as followed

1. Kankan14
    2. CSF
    3. BrianRegan

keep in mind last year I was a back up and I got a chance as did others in the past so keep an eye if theres any drop outs Ill PM you in the order above.

First match up will be up in the next few hours.... Good luck true believers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    keep in mind last year I was a back up and I got a chance as did others in the past so keep an eye if theres any drop outs Ill PM you in the order above.

First match up will be up in the next few hours.... Good luck true believers BO-LIEVERS!

Ahem!

First match is up folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What time do I have till? Gonna hopefully get my post up by one.

• Advertisement

Up to you really, usually the faster the better as your opponent could easily have the same idea as you and post first and you could be left with an inferior alternative answer. 1 o clock could/should be fine but you do run the risk of your opponent beating you to the punch. On the flip side you can try hold off and watch your opponent post first and improve your answer based on what hes wrote. A match can usually last 1/2 days...

Have a look through older ATH matches for a quick look at how matches went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Man, my laptop crashed just as I posted. Phew!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Read brackets wrong and thought I was up first :P

Looks as if I wont be able to post till 7pm. A lot of work hit my desk this morning in work. I'm fleshing out the story during the day. Great post by Garsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So me vs Liz, well im not usually in favour of giving a beating to a girl so perhaps ill have to follow my usual trend of going out in the first round... we will see

Come up with a good few potential questions so far should be fun

3917011-8211965792-24496.jpg

Well the first answer is up and the bar set for Winnie later on to reply!

Ill add the second match up question in the next hour or so and I probably wont run more than 2 ATH match up threads at once, So Shag and Lordie, be prepared....

My WWE network Shows for those who care....

Arm Wrestling with Chaz and Dave (Warrington and Finley)

Youth Hosteling with Chris Jericho

Cooking in Prison (with Nailz)

Inner City Sumo (with Yoko)

Ill stop now

Have two ideas. Deciding which to go with; the crazy fun or the serious but strong answer :P

Love the question though. :)

Great second match up, could go either way with 2 ATH vets.

A poll will be added as after Lord TSC replies (Ill always try add a poll up after both men have replied to each others answer). Poll will stay up for 2 days. Dont forget to vote for yourselves as that could be the difference in winning or losing

Might be this evening before I get my response up. There's no strict time limit, is there? Just have a busy busy day....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Might be this evening before I get my response up. There's no strict time limit, is there? Just have a busy busy day....

Wouldnt think there should be a strict time limit, fairly flexable since we all have lives, esp when we know your posting and gathering ideas for your rebuttal.

got my post up lads.

With both of the first matches in full swing, match 3 shall be up in the coming hours between Caster and defending champion Omackeral.

Match 3 is up folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Match 3 is up folks!

Awesome question for this round!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Just voted in the first question. Two very good answers.

How long does the poll remain before the results are released?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

few really good ones so far and im sure some head scratchers for those involved. I've got a few ideas for a little later so hopefully Beaker doesent have to use up all his good ideas in the early rounds

Poll will remain open for 48 hours after its up, I personally always wait till all the replies are up before voting as a poster could pull a rabbit out of the hat in his last reply which has happened a few times in the past.

Shag came up with the last question, great stuff out of him. Have about 20 or so questions written out (some old, some new)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Shagnastii and TSC

In regards to both your shows on the network...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Poll will remain open for 48 hours after its up, I personally always wait till all the replies are up before voting as a poster could pull a rabbit out of the hat in his last reply which has happened a few times in the past.

Shag came up with the last question, great stuff out of him. Have about 20 or so questions written out (some old, some new)

Hadn't realised that there was a reply left (tbh) but no harm ... hopefully ...

Advertisement