Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM hasn't come back to me but we roll on with a back up. BrianRegan jumps in to replace him as CSF and kanKan14 are too busy. So the question remains and it's Beakerjoe vs BrianRegan. BH can change the thread title when he's around. Goodv luck Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Round 8 question - it's gonna be a race to who gets in there first with the most obvious answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tumblr_n8e7wtrmNl1tti92co1_400.gif

In all seriousness though fair play Liz, thought you might have my number for a while and was especially worrying ever since I randomly decided to give Steen an inuit name as I thought that may have been a mistake.

Hardest one to vote on so far for me was the Austin/Bret/Owen question but this Internet darling question will be tough too I initially thought Regal was the perfect answer but the last rebuttal for Ziggler was very good, now to see the counter rebuttal change everything again

You better go on and win the whole thing now BH as I let you win :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Thank you mrkiscool2 - I'll tell you what, I'm going to be having an Owen vs Bret fest on the Network over the weekend with a few beers and and Indian takeaway!
    Make sure you watch the Lumberjack match, probably the best match of it's kind ever even if the ending is a bit of a farce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Aaaaaah, a topic I love debating. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damn that was tougher than i thought it was going to be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

TBC got in there first in round 8. Knew the main answer had to be Cena! Be a tough one to argue against

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    TBC got in there first in round 8. Knew the main answer had to be Cena! Be a tough one to argue against

I actually had another answer all typed up but changed my mind at the last second, Cena came into my mind at the last second!

Damn that was tougher than i thought it was going to be :D

cheers for joining in Brian. My rebuttal is up. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

My 2nd rebuttal should be up tomorrow, Legend was a real unknown quantity for me. He's given me a tough argument to dissect. Fine work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Thanks Moneymaker, I am more of a lurker but enjoy the challenge of ATH - I'm sure you'll make it difficult for me with your rebuttal.

Quick question, now that the poll has been added , is there a set time it will close or is it a case of that it will close (for example) 12 hours after my 2nd and final rebuttal?

poll closes 2 days after poll is up my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think a good contender for dropped storyline would've been the McMahon limo explosion, since it was cut short after the Benoit tragedy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think a good contender for dropped storyline would've been the McMahon limo explosion, since it was cut short after the Benoit tragedy

I was actually going to put that, GTV or the greater purpose of the nexus as examples with the question but decided not to incase someone wanted to choose em. Hell of a lot of other options though

I was actually going to put that, GTV or the greater purpose of the nexus as examples with the question but decided not to incase someone wanted to choose em. Hell of a lot of other options though

Booker Ts angle with the notes about his past jumped to mind first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wasn't Kennedy or Drew to be Vince's kid or chosen one, that angle I would have liked to see develop as it would have given them a push preferably for Drew instead horny s was the son waste of an angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kennedy was meant to be the illegitimate child. Maybe a power struggle with Kennedy as an authority figure was on the table, taking Vince's place after the limo explosion.

Drew was the Chosen One in that Vince endorsed him as a future WWE Champion. Gas that.

Really enjoyed that debate sir, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Wow - I'm shocked to have won! Thanks Moneymaker, it was so close it could've went either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Too busy to add another rebuttal. Reckon that cost me.

Just my luck to get the person who's a total unknown.

• Advertisement

Hey guys not sure if it's too late but I'll try and reply to beakerjoe in a bit either way my goose is well cooked

Brian, reply. No rush. I doubt youre goose is cooked at all.

Best of luck pal was fun debating with you

Ill be posting my rebuttal for round 1 up soon, sorry about any delay but 1/4 finals will start as soon as that match finishes.

Some great debates lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I actually had another answer all typed up but changed my mind at the last second, Cena came into my mind at the last second!

Have to say well done to TBC ... as soon as I saw your answer, I knew I was in over my head. Had originally planned on going with Cena Sucks, then had to reconsider as it would've been too close to yours, was a stroke of genius to be able to zone in on the Cena Can't Wrestle complaints.

Sin Eater wrote: »
    Have to say well done to TBC ... as soon as I saw your answer, I knew I was in over my head. Had originally planned on going with Cena Sucks, then had to reconsider as it would've been too close to yours, was a stroke of genius to be able to zone in on the Cena Can't Wrestle complaints.

Now that the match is completely done and dusted, I guess it's cool to post this. Myself and beakerjoe got that exact question last year and gave the exact same answers as you guys! Check it out.

Posted by Omackeral

I am not going to go with an indy darling being overlooked, an InVasion fantasy angle that should have been or a certain someone holding people down using politicking schemes. Nope. The whinge that I most have a problem with and feel is unjustified can be summed up with three simple words.

''You Can't Wrestle''

Posted by beakerjoe

To be honest I had many ways I was going to go with this question and only time will tell if Ive chosen the right option. Hunter buries everyone was an option? The WWE doesn't push new talent is another? but there is some truth to both of those. Ive gone with the age old (well few years old) theme of "The PG era is ruining Wrestling"

Full debate here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88055507

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Omackeral wrote: »
    Now that the match is completely done and dusted, I guess it's cool to post this. Myself and beakerjoe got that exact question last year and gave the exact same answers as you guys! Check it out.

Full debate here.

And I see it was the same result! I could've picked up a lot of tips from your answer...

Full debate here.

Tis was a good debate last year. When I got it last year I wasnt sure which way to go, esp when so many people dislike Cena. Was hoping for different answers this year but I guess they are the 2 big ones within the modern era.

That's why I didnt post until now :p

• Advertisement

Full debate here.

I complelty forgot about that...and I submitted the bloody question and all! :p

Originally I was going to go with how people always harp on about HHH burying people, but as I types my post I realised I was already giving fuel to counter the argument and it would have been an uphill battle, even if I don't think HHH deserves the abuse he gets.

Well debated again sir, I actually think PG can be a very positive thing so I had to think hard about how to counter it!

Advertisement