Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

First post up, rebuttal up. Lets fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Slightly OT but whatever happened to Fandango?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Slightly OT but whatever happened to Fandango?
    If he's off buying a Guy Falkes mask I'm suing WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thought beakerjoe was done but jeepers that hacker gimmick was some response. I'm defo 50/50 on this so far. Also, my second post is up vs Bounty Hunter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Thought beakerjoe was done but jeepers that hacker gimmick was some response. I'm defo 50/50 on this so far. Also, my second post is up vs Bounty Hunter.

yep, def a good response from Joe. Very glad how that question turned out as I wasnt sure if it would be too difficult although tbh I thought they would use the fact that the majority of the audience are young so I can recycle an old gimmick loophole.

my response to your response is up now too so it's all in the hands of the voters now. Good match up though man

• Advertisement

Yeah I enjoyed it too. I'd say we could easily have another two posts each and still be at each others throats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My 1st rebuttal is up now. Love the choice beakerjoe, very creative!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My 1st rebuttal is up now. Love the choice beakerjoe, very creative!

Rebutted right back at you! :)

Last rebuttal up now. Jesus beakerjoe, you've given me some serious match up there! It's in the hands of the voters now though!

I could argue all day, dying to argue points made in thev last rebuttal. Well played and may the best man win

• Advertisement

Same here. Best of luck man!

On another note, I'm outrageously torn between Omackeral and Bounty Hunter at the minute. I've read both arguments twice now, and I'm still torn!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Same here. Best of luck man!

On another note, I'm outrageously torn between Omackeral and Bounty Hunter at the minute. I've read both arguments twice now, and I'm still torn!

Exact same here with you and beaker, plus never seen my user name used as much in a thread not referencing me ever on PW

Exact same here with you and beaker, plus never seen my user name used as much in a thread not referencing me ever on PW

Ya know, I only copped that during the last rebuttal! Never thought of it while drafting up my initial responses!

I have to say so far its anyones guess whos going into the Semi's. Some fantastic arguments and great points being made all across the board so far in this years ATH.

Do a Barry Horowitz lads and pat yourselves on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

Sorry guys, I am going to have to drop out of this year's ATH. Am going on hols on Monday and need to get a lot of work done tomorrow before I go, so won't have time to debate

Apologies again!

Sorry to hear that DIT, enjoy your holliers.

As Moneymaker was the man knocked out by DIT, hes been given first chance to jump back in to face TBC. Same question MM if you choose to accept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Has Shagnastii been on at all? Waiting on his rebuttal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Been occupied will fire a reply at you now.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Been occupied will fire a reply at you now.

ah no worries
    :)

No word Back from MM, if he doesnt get back in the next 3 hours Ill take all the lads who were knocked out in the first round and put them into a draw to face TBC.

• Advertisement

Fair play to omackeral, knocked me out last year and for a while it seemed he could again this year but I bolieve in my abilities more now so thanks to Scott levy as the devils advocate omack in ATH 14 will quote the Bounty Hunter never more.

Jaysis got hammered out of it there, didn't think it would be that much of a gap going by the thanks! Will keep following anyway, good standard this year. Well done Bounty

tried to get a few more punches in but I feel ultimately I'm up against the ropes here. Good debate Shag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Garseys wrote: »
    tried to get a few more punches in but I feel ultimately I'm up against the ropes here. Good debate Shag :)

Hardest one yet, kept changing my mind with each answer!

With Moneymaker not around for his reprive, A draw was done to see who will challenge TBC in the ATH Q-Final, and the winnner is...

LORD TSC!

Lets battle commence lads.

Myself and beakerjoe's round ended in a draw :eek:

What happens now?

Down to BH, I cant really do anything impartial myself.

Triple Threat Semi Final?

Great debate all the same. Really enjoyed it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Down to BH, I cant really do anything impartial myself.

Triple Threat Semi Final?

Great debate all the same. Really enjoyed it.

thanks for the om heads up.

ooh if the draw hadn't been made (would be harsh on TSC now) I actually would have suggested a triple threat with you 2 and TBC.

This has not happened in ATH before as previously (excluding last year when we were just lucky) people also gave reasons for their votes on thread and in the event of a tie only those who gave reasons would have their votes counted.

This time though... We are going to sudden death!

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) I have re-opened the poll. The poll should be visible to all now too so if someone notices a new vote has been cast mention it here and we will have a winner

If we still dont have a winner I think it will probably be a triple threat vs whomever won the QF the winner of this one would have faced

thanks for the om heads up.

ooh if the draw hadn't been made (would be harsh on TSC now) I actually would have suggested a triple threat with you 2 and TBC.

This has not happened in ATH before as previously (excluding last year when we were just lucky) people also gave reasons for their votes on thread and in the event of a tie only those who gave reasons would have their votes counted.

This time though... We are going to sudden death!

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) I have re-opened the poll. The poll should be visible to all now too so if someone notices a new vote has been cast mention it here and we will have a winner

If we still dont have a winner I think it will probably be a triple threat vs whomever won the QF the winner of this one would have faced

Jesus..... I cant take the tension. 6 votes each.... Its like penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Give me a few hours to construct an answer, if thats ok :) Need to put my thinking shoes on :)

Advertisement