Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ha I read it and voted and it was for Beakerjoe but it made it 7-7. So someone voted before me. Just for clarification I gave Beakerjoe the vote because of his main rebuttal that Luke Harper hadn't been given a new gimmick. I didn't feel it was addressed properly by Gerry so Beakerjoe got my vote. Great debate though guys, was really tough to make up my mind!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ha I read it and voted and it was for Beakerjoe but it made it 7-7. So someone voted before me. Just for clarification I gave Beakerjoe the vote because of his main rebuttal that Luke Harper hadn't been given a new gimmick. I didn't feel it was addressed properly by Gerry so Beakerjoe got my vote. Great debate though guys, was really tough to make up my mind!

I guess technically that means Gerry wins as he was the first to get one more and it was sudden death. Hard luck Beakerman tbh I voted for you for the same reason as Mrk even though I really liked Gerry's story for Harper and the Wyatts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah im gutted TBH, felt I had just about got it. Fair play Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I guess technically that means Gerry wins as he was the first to get one more and it was sudden death. Hard luck Beakerman tbh I voted for you for the same reason as Mrk even though I really liked Gerry's story for Harper and the Wyatts.
    Yeah it was why I stuck down that someone voted before me. To make sure that everyone knew what the craic actually was. Sorry Beakerjoe but well done to Gerry, if WWE had any sense they would go down the direction you put in your answer (without the Sister Abigail gas, I prefer to think of her as an actual character that died {or may come into the picture one day} than anything else haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Phew! Jez, didn't expect to win that one guys. Thanks for the debate beakerjoe, talk about having me on the ropes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Triple threat would have been different. You guys could have revolutionised Pro Wrestling Boards. The Night The Line Was Crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Only catching up with all the ATH quarter finals now.

The standard everywhere is excellent, special mention for the Gerry-Beaker match top top quality from both.

Well done all,

Lord TSC has his answer up and its a a tough match to call so far with 2 great answers. Garseys and Shags match runs til about 6 today so get voting if you havent already. BH and GerryBbadd are already in the Semi's, who will join them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wait, I had a reprieve?

Oh well.

:pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Wait, I had a reprieve?

Oh well.

:pac:

Did you not get the PM or see the message yesterday?

• Advertisement

Just voted on Hart vs Jannety, dunno if itl be tht tight when the votes are revealed but it was very hard for me to choose between the two. I'd say even if 80% vote 1 way most of them were at least 60/40 when casting their vote

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Did you not get the PM or see the message yesterday?

Didn't get a PM no.

Ah sure it's grand.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Didn't get a PM no.

Ah sure it's grand.

Its in my sent box so it sent on my end. Sorry you didnt get in, I did post it on the a few pages back too just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Very surprised by that result! Roll on the semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Well done Garseys. Great debate.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Well done Garseys. Great debate.

Cheers. Likewise, Thought it could of gone either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was certainly a tricky question (like nearly all of them)

With wrestling been rife with drink and drugs there are few that completely Fed up their careers due to 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Phew, onto the next round! Great debate TSC, didn't know how that would go in the end!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Knocked out twice :(

Honestly, knew it was a near impossible sell once I read your first post but took a crack anyway :pac:

Great effort my Lord TSC who came in to a very difficult situation. Also great showing by reigning champ Omackeral and Shagnasti too. The Semis are :

Bounty Hunter v Garseys

GerryBbadd vs thebostoncrab,

both matches will be up in the coming hours. Good luck lads

• Advertisement

Semi Final Match 1 is up

What's with the brass rings? :pac:

Great question!

yeah very interesting question. Think I know who Garsey will take (as it may be some time before I get enough time at the computer to post a proper answer) but there are a few very good options for this one so hopefully I can do well enough with one of them even if my top choice goes bye bye

I can think of at least 5 guys who would make great arguments for that. Should be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Should be fun to name a few once both boys have named theirs. I've 5 straight away.

As per most ATH, theres no 1 great answer here, all goes down to the arguments of the combatants. I can think of 8 off the top of my head.

2nd Semi is up! (Tee hee)

yeah very interesting question. Think I know who Garsey will take (as it may be some time before I get enough time at the computer to post a proper answer) but there are a few very good options for this one so hopefully I can do well enough with one of them even if my top choice goes bye bye

I'll have my answer up later on tonight at some point. Loads to choose from, one or two definite answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Quick question, does this mean our answer can't be anyone who held a world title in the WWE between 2002 and 2012 as there was two belts (WWE and World Heavyweight) during this time?

Quick question, does this mean our answer can't be anyone who held a world title in the WWE between 2002 and 2012 as there was two belts (WWE and World Heavyweight) during this time?

More or less yes. There is plenty of obvious answers in there as one world title (mostly the WHC) was used as an upper mid card belt more than a main event belt. I want you's to pick someone who was definitely a main eventer and not an upper mid card champion such as Khali or Swagger who were never viewed as main eventers.

• Advertisement

soon to be in laws went to bed ridiculously early so I got to do up a quick answer. Mr Perfect it is!

Can't wait to see who Garsey pits against Curt

Advertisement