Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parking charges rears its ugly head again

Options
  • 23-09-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Just when you thought the notion had died a death. EGM of SIPTU on campus tomorrow to vote on the new President's proposal of €300 p.a. from 2016. €50 a year between now and then. No mention if that applies to students too. Not in the union so hearing this all second hand. No doubt it will be voted down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps UCDCritic can take up this banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

It applies to students.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'd consider it fair if I was absolutely, positively, 100%, cast-iron guaranteed a parking space in UCD. Whenever I wanted to use it. None of your 'peak time' shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

endacl wrote: »
    I'd consider it fair if I was absolutely, positively, 100%, cast-iron guaranteed a parking space in UCD. Whenever I wanted to use it. None of your 'peak time' shyte.

Well, then, you're going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well, then, you're going to be disappointed.

Hypothetically! Done with UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

There is absolutely no way they will issue less permits than the number of spaces, and to be honest they'd be mad to.

In other news, disgusting to see that the athletics track has officially been made into a car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd support it too with clause that NCPS were thrown out as well unless you were parked like a noddy i.e. Obstructing a road.

Still have no idea why they can't just issue a permit system and ANPR on the car parks.

Advertisement