Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Licence Application waiting times in Wicklow

Options
  • 23-09-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have to renew my licence and I see that there are some 90 or so walk-in slots available in the NDLS centre Wicklow tomorrow.

The NDLS centre in Leopardstown is an alternative, but I assume that the are busier than Wicklow.

Has anyone any experience of just walking in instead of booking online?

Are there long queues and should I just book online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

jpd wrote: »
    I have to renew my licence and I see that there are some 90 or so walk-in slots available in the NDLS centre Wicklow tomorrow.

The NDLS centre in Leopardstown is an alternative, but I assume that the are busier than Wicklow.

Has anyone any experience of just walking in instead of booking online?

Are there long queues and should I just book online?

Thanks

Don't have experience of Wicklow but I booked a 9.15am slot in leopardstown and was seen on time and out in 15 mins. Definitely recommend booking a slot

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I renewed mine in Wicklow recently enough, just walked in and was seen within 10 mins. I went on a weekday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I walked in the other day to Wicklow as Leopardstown had no walk in slots and I was waiting about 15/20 minutes. It was Friday afternoon.

The only thing I would say is. Make sure you have paperwork etc.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Thanks everyone.

Went in this morning around 11:20am - seen more or less straight away and out by 11:40.

Only 1 or 2 people waiting all the time I was there.

I'll check again in 10 years!

Advertisement