Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving work after Maternity Leave

Options
  • 23-09-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey guys just hoping someone here can help me..due back to work in a few weeks after my maternity leave i've been dignaosed with post-natal depression and im actually just half thinking of leaving my job as going back there wont help me get better but i will be looking for another job in the main time. So just wondering i dont want to go out sick its not good on my record just wondering if i hand in my notice will i still have to wait to do the 9weeks for nothing. i honestly cant afford to do this as my partner works part time and our rent is 700e a month with no support...Just trying to shine light on with my best options are thank you x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Have you spoken with a doctor about being put on illness benefit while you treat and recover from your PND?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Being on sick leave should not affect your record. It's not under your control.

If you can, try to avoid making huge life-altering decisions while suffering from PND. It can make every problem seem much worse than it is, it's very difficult to evaluate options clearly. Giving up your job is a pretty big decision to make while you have PND. Can you wait until you are recovered?

Advertisement