Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Giants ice hockey game?

Options
  • 23-09-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to an ice hockey match later in the year.
    I would be travelling from Dublin.
    Do the games usually sell out or should it be possible to get a ticket on the day?

I'm not 100% sure of which weekend I'll be able to go so was hoping I could go at short notice and get my ticket there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Hi there, based purely on their match this Saturday coming, there appear to be plenty of tickets still available at this stage. I guess it will depend a bit on who they're playing etc. Maybe go onto the website below on the matchday (Saturday) to get an idea of availability:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/belfast-giants-vs-coventry-blaze-belfast-09-27-2014/event/38004D04D1FA1093?artistid=30107&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

I was at their last home game 2 seasons go and certainly you could have got seats at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I come onto the belfast forum with a question about the giants and this is top of the list!

Anyway, going to a match this weekend. Dumb question maybe but I've never been to an Ice hockey match before.......

Will it be cold?

logic suggests sitting a few metres from a big lump of ice should be cold, but this is modern entertainment, so who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Just in case anyone is ever wondering.....

We were sat down the front, so your feet can be literally six inches from the ice.

twas cold, but not brass monkeys. the beer helped :)

I'd reccomend it to anyone, was a great experience, would love to see it on a big match night if the place was near full.

only complaint I'd have was the food was pretty poor.

Advertisement