Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeper booked for dribbling out.

• 23-09-2014 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

Weird one, keeper goes for a dribble up the field as if he's playing fifa and ends up getting booked for it.

I'd advise turning down the sound before playing the video.

Edit - it doesn't show it in this video that he got booked, but I've seen another where he did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Are you sure it was the keeper that got booked?

Looks like that tackle at 0:25 is card worthy. Maybe that player got booked.

Seems odd that the ref wouldn't blow for a freekick and book him as he dribbles right past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Oat23 wrote: »

Seems odd that the ref wouldn't blow for a freekick and book him as he dribbles right past him.

That's what I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Oat23 wrote: »

That's what I thought originally but I'm fairly sure in the other video his name and number were up on screen aswell and he was looking fairly bemused.

This is the other video, just had a look for it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If he was being booked for "dribbling ouit" why didn't the ref stop play? The defender in the tackle at 25s actually cleared the ball then pulled his leg away as if the keeper had caught him. If the keeper was booked I would presume it was for leaving his foot in (unless he also said something to the ref!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Tv crews often name the wrong player booked in their captions. Any official info on the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It was #4 Zhou Ting that was booked. Flashscore say the keeper was booked in the 69th minute but soccerway say #4 Zhou Ting was the guy booked. #4 is the guy who makes the poor tackle.

Mystery solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Disappointing that the OP wasn't able to figure that out himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The music in the second video made my ears bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disappointing that the OP wasn't able to figure that out himself.

He's SherlockWatson not SherlockHolmes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nice dribble though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Rikand wrote: »
    nice dribble though

I've dribbled better after 4 Pints

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beda hoekey!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Turtwig wrote: »
    Tv crews often name the wrong player booked in their captions.....

Something similar happened just there tonight in the Spurs - Forest game.

When Spurs netted their second the scoreboard on screen had it as 1-2 in favour of Forest for brief period before it was put right.

Advertisement