Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proud to be from Sligo

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Walking around Sligo the last few days has just reassured me of how great it is to be from this lovely little County people are friendly again and the girls are very pretty (eye candy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Its such a beauty however I wish there was more advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dellboy2

Vlove wrote: »
    Its such a beauty however I wish there was more advertisement

Correct but like a lot of other sectors funding for tourism slashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Proud to visit Sligo every year. Epic county, great town, stunning coastline, challenging climbs, waterfalls to be bet, nice villages, cutest Paddies day parades (specially for the kids), good road from Dublin making it a go-to-place in the West for Dubliners and people visiting Dublin, good surf spots for beginners and the top pros from all over the world, stunning lakes, good kitesurf and SUP spots, great food (although diminished since Source closed, hopefully they will set up somewhere else in Sligo), great local produce from oysters, surf clams, razor clams, lamb, beef to venison, amazing fossil stones throughout the coastline, some cool forests and some forward thinking from agritourist and sportstourist entrepenours pushing the county whilst Sligo County Council seems to be hellbent on doing...

I don't know, what are they doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Proud to visit Sligo every year. Epic county, great town, stunning coastline, challenging climbs, waterfalls to be bet, nice villages, cutest Paddies day parades (specially for the kids), good road from Dublin making it a go-to-place in the West for Dubliners and people visiting Dublin, good surf spots for beginners and the top pros from all over the world, stunning lakes, good kitesurf and SUP spots, great food (although diminished since Source closed, hopefully they will set up somewhere else in Sligo), great local produce from oysters, surf clams, razor clams, lamb, beef to venison, amazing fossil stones throughout the coastline, some cool forests and some forward thinking from agritourist and sportstourist entrepenours pushing the county whilst Sligo County Council seems to be hellbent on doing...

I don't know, what are they doing?

Pretty much not pulling their weight, Sligo Tidy Town are way better in improving the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Sligo county is a great place, Sligo town is just another average town. It could be so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The Fiancée is from Sligo town and it's a nice little spot. It does need a bit of improvement here and there, otherwise, I love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The street that was pedestrianised should be pedestrianised again and paved properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The street that was pedestrianised should be pedestrianised again and paved properly.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not going to happen unfortunately. Although improvements are due to start.

Advertisement