Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Liffey, Lucan Demesne.

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anyone know whats in the river besides Pike and Trout? Anyone fished it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

baller123 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats in the river besides Pike and Trout? Anyone fished it?

Is it not controlled by Dublin salmon anglers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 baller123

Nope, Its not controlled by any anglers club anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

im sure there'd b roach and perch as well...i only fished it once and did see a few roach, call into the tackle shop in lucan and im sure pat would give ya a head up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

There are some roach and the odd perch alright. Its not a stretch I like personally. Was good many moons ago but not now IMO. Its very accessible and as there is no club if suffers by being fished by many of a, hmmm, continental persuasion shall we say. it also tends to have a lot of brown scum/slime on the rocks and the mud/detritus never smells very good.

Whether that's from a pipe or two running in or from the sewage plant I cant say. Fingal swear the outflow from the sewage plant is clean but I am not so sure. I have swept under rocks and in the sediment a few times and the species spread suggests its not as clean as I would like.

Know what the pike fishing there is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭killintime

s some ellls to

I caught a 6 pound and 10 pound pike down there on smelt. anyone know if anyone else has had any luck?

nice to see there still around

Yeah, haven't got a roach, trout or even an eel down there yet

nor there a good stock of roach there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Bio Mech wrote: »
    There are some roach and the odd perch alright. Its not a stretch I like personally. Was good many moons ago but not now IMO. Its very accessible and as there is no club if suffers by being fished by many of a, hmmm, continental persuasion shall we say. it also tends to have a lot of brown scum/slime on the rocks and the mud/detritus never smells very good.

Whether that's from a pipe or two running in or from the sewage plant I cant say. Fingal swear the outflow from the sewage plant is clean but I am not so sure. I have swept under rocks and in the sediment a few times and the species spread suggests its not as clean as I would like.

Sorry lads what issues arise when the continental lads fish that stretch? I walk that way a lot and it's always busy with anglers. Lots of lads would be foreign.

there alot of foreigner fishing evey were but you dont mind that as long as there doin catch aand release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Boyne fisher

Was there once never went again it twas terrible

What did you use?

Float maggots plumbed depth spinned for pike no one caught anything it is a pity

ya but it nice to get out for a few hrs thow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

i caught two trout spinning down there.. both under a pound, every swim that i fished was filthy wit rubbish, maggot bags, tins of sweetcorn etc, fuccking makes my blood people cant tidy up after themselves!!

Exactly y I never went back and the fishing was terrible

ya they shud learn to clean up after them selfs only takes afew min to do

Exactly leaving stuff around makes ur blood boil

• Advertisement

When I was down there there was people legering maggots and chopped worms, they caught a good bag of trout and eel.
    I used dead bait (smelt) wobbled and caught two pike 6 and 10 pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pikeman99

There's plenty of pike there, I live near it. I've been fishing it for over a year and I've had plenty of pike, a lot of jacks but the odd nice pike. Lost a good double there today and had a follow by another nice fish.

Advertisement