Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 person tent choice

Options
  • 23-09-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

What would people here recommend for a multi-purpose 2 man tent? Right now I can't decide between the Vango Tempest 200 and the Wild Country Hoolie 2. I guess I'm looking for the compromise between performance, weight and price. I dont think you'll find me out on top of a hill in winter but I'd like something that will last for a while, and that would be suitable for most situations.

Interested to hear your opinions on either of the above, or maybe something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

they both are very good tents, suppose it depend on weather you will be using it on your own or with another, the tempest is about 2.9kg while the hoolie is about 2.3kg, between 2 people the weight wouldn't be much.
    Lighter tents available if your just looking for a one man,
    also it will be a struggle to get gear into either tent if 2 people are using it. I've seen the tempest and i was close to buying one however bought a Coleman Cobra 2 for a great price on amazon and happy with it as a one man tent.

Advertisement