Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clamped near Christchurch

• 23-09-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently got clamped near Christchurch. I asked the clampers before hand about grace period and he told me I had 15 minutes. I rushed back from my meeting and at 2 minutes after the grace period to see the clamper in his van with my car clamped. I spoke to him and he said he could not do anything as the ticket was printed. The ticket was printed at 1531 (my grace period ran out at 1530). The pictures were taken without the fine on the window at 1532.06 so I timed him taking off the clamp etc and it took him more than a minute which means he had to have clamped my vehicle before the time was up. I have lodged an appeal! Any experience or advice!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Yeah, the guy was good enough to give you a grace period, next time don't abuse it...oh, and don't re-open 3 yr old threads....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

corktina wrote: »
    Yeah, the guy was good enough to give you a grace period, next time don't abuse it...oh, and don't re-open 3 yr old threads....

More following the letter of the bye laws rather than being "good enough". You are entitled to a 15 minute grace period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

langers74 wrote: »
    I recently got clamped near Christchurch. I asked the clampers before hand about grace period and he told me I had 15 minutes. I rushed back from my meeting and at 2 minutes after the grace period to see the clamper in his van with my car clamped. I spoke to him and he said he could not do anything as the ticket was printed. The ticket was printed at 1531 (my grace period ran out at 1530). The pictures were taken without the fine on the window at 1532.06 so I timed him taking off the clamp etc and it took him more than a minute which means he had to have clamped my vehicle before the time was up. I have lodged an appeal! Any experience or advice!!!!

The ticket was printed at 15.31 and your grace period ended at 15.30. Its obviously massively **** to be stung for the sake of a minute but Im not really sure that you have a case Im afraid. Hopefully Im wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

CramCycle wrote: »
    More following the letter of the bye laws rather than being "good enough". You are entitled to a 15 minute grace period.

you (maybe) are but not 16 or 17....did he not sus the guy would be waiting clock in hand?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

you (maybe) are but not 16 or 17....did he not sus the guy would be waiting clock in hand?

Definitely, I often used to see the clampers with the clamps lined up beside cars waiting for either the parking area to come into effect or for the grace period to be up, One morning I seen about 8 cars clamped in under 2 minutes (probably alot less, just what it felt like).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Especially as it was brought to the clampers intention that the OP might be late back! You cant cut it fine with these guys; you never could with street parking, even before the clampers came about.

Advertisement