Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question: XB1 Games.

Options
  • 23-09-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Quick question. If I buy a game (disc based) and then install it onto my console can I then resell that game to CEX let's say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

No you need the disc to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Aronaay wrote: »
    No you need the disc to play the game
    Because I've read you can install the game on the console and then there is no need for the disc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Because I've read you can install the game on the console and then there is no need for the disc...

Not ture, it works just like the last xbox for disc based games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ronanc1000 wrote: »

You still need the disc in the drive - and it needs to be installed to your hard drive....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

That's how it was originally meant to work. You buy the game its tied to your gamertag, you can go to a friends download your gamertag an play any games you own, on your friends X1 without the need for a disc. But there was lots of people moaning about it.

You couldn't just trade it in and still own the licence though, there was alot of rigmarole there.

You might be reading some older articles relating to the console.

• Advertisement
Advertisement