Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-leather waterproof shoes?

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I take long walks by the river and if I go out in the morning my feet get soaked from walking in long grass that is covered in dew. I decided to have a look for a pair of waterproof shoes today and ended up buying a pair of Regatta shoes (these ones). I've bought Regatta shoes before and was never happy with them but I can't find anything else in town that aren't made from leather.

Anyway I walked five miles in the new shoes and my feet stayed fairly dry. However on the journey back home I walked through a long patch of wet grass and the water immediately soaked through the shoes. They're still wet inside and are useless.

Does anyone know of a similar type of shoe that really is waterproof? I want to be able to try them on so I'd like shoes that I might find available in a shoe shop and not something I have to buy online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They pop up in LIDL and ALDI now and again. It's worth subscribing to their newsletters as they don't get many in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I have a pair of Merrell hiking boots that I got a few years ago that are vegan-friendly, I can't remember the exact type and I don't see them listed on their site thought. These ones might do you though:
    http://www.merrell.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/15379M/0/Mens/Chameleon-Wrap-Slam-Dusty-Olive

side note: I find Regatta stuff to be very poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

I bought a pair of Merrell a few years ago and every time I wore them I got a pain in my knee so I had to give them away and I am afraid to try them again. Shoes can be an expensive mistake to make.

Advertisement