Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOYLESPORTS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

Ah ok didn't realize this was a comp, I thought it was the ticket request thing. You sure you're not mixed up? I know they had a ticket request thing going for a while but didn't notice any competition.

No I apoligise it was not a comp. as I said in my original post I replied to a sign I saw behind a cashier in one of their shops in d Midlands. It said something like to give your name and your county and u MIGHT be chosen. Now I travel a bit with work and pop in to other boylesports shops and for the past two weeks I see all these signs have been taken down. I sent numerous emails to lots of people in boylesports just to see who got these tickets as I just wanted to make sure if I wasn't lucky that some normal punter like I would get them. But as I said no one dept in boylesports head office could tell me and in the end I felt I was fobbed off by telling me " oh yea someone got those mystery tickets we knew nothing about in yesterday's emails but today we do know but we can't tell you who did get them " . STRANGE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Joke bookie alright but they have near 150 shops and opening new ones left right and centre. I have a mate who works in one in small town in north east and it makes on avg 15k a week, if you do the math it's fair to say they are hardly struggling.

The main reason they are making an average of 15k a week is for the same reason in all their other shops.
    Virtuals, Roulette, Lottery and anything where the odds are stacked in their favour.
    As others have said already, they never take a reasonable bet on football, horse racing or anything else where they may lose money.
    Even at the poor prices they quote on most of the markets (though their football prices have improved considerably in the last few weeks).

Boylemanias are the easiest way to spot their prices.
    Most of them are "enhanced" from their poor prices to where the rest of the market is.
    Most Boyles that have a PP or Ladbrokes shop near them are suffering as they don't do the same specials that PP or Ladbrokes do.
    I only bet with them now when they are best price on something I actually want to back.
    The only decent offer they have is in the golf when it's cash back if 2nd or 3rd in certain tournaments.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'm closing this thread, as it's in the wrong place - any further opinions should go into the Bookmakers Bitch/Groan thread.

I'm also not happy with some of the replies here - be warned, basic civility is a requirement on this and every forum on Boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement