Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre broadband orderd but when line installed ordinary Broadband only available !!

Options
  • 24-09-2014 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So there was a deal in the local Eircom shop for eFibre broadband so i ordered it for my dad and myself - two connections . The guy in the shop checked my address and yes there was up to 100 Mb available in my area - and there is because the Exchange is just behind my dads house  about 30 yards away . The guy arrived and connected my Dad's house perfect :-) even watched him swap from the ordinary Broadband to the eFibre at the Exchange as its up against the boundary wall of his property.
    My own house then is about 80 yards away from the exchange - visable from my front gate . One guy came and ran the cable from the pole on the road up the garden through the plastic piping under ground and into the house . He then told me that there would be another guy out to put in the router when the line was tested . Then herd nothing since mid August so inquired to be told that when the line was checked after the line was put in it came back with 'up to 4 Mb ' !!!!!! where did the other 96 Mbs go ???? - ordinary broadband 
                                  I was then told that it could be up to 6 months before this is sorted !!!! - but i wont be billed . But what came in the post last Friday - no prizes for guessing the first bill - and no broadband - and no answers !! 
    Of course i cancelled my other provider because i was getting the new one so now i have nothing !!!Unbelivable when the Exchange is so close - any help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tiger72 wrote: »
    So there was a deal in the local Eircom shop for eFibre broadband so i ordered it for my dad and myself - two connections . The guy in the shop checked my address and yes there was up to 100 Mb available in my area - and there is because the Exchange is just behind my dads house  about 30 yards away . The guy arrived and connected my Dad's house perfect :-) even watched him swap from the ordinary Broadband to the eFibre at the Exchange as its up against the boundary wall of his property.
    My own house then is about 80 yards away from the exchange - visable from my front gate . One guy came and ran the cable from the pole on the road up the garden through the plastic piping under ground and into the house . He then told me that there would be another guy out to put in the router when the line was tested . Then herd nothing since mid August so inquired to be told that when the line was checked after the line was put in it came back with 'up to 4 Mb ' !!!!!! where did the other 96 Mbs go ???? - ordinary broadband 
                                  I was then told that it could be up to 6 months before this is sorted !!!! - but i wont be billed . But what came in the post last Friday - no prizes for guessing the first bill - and no broadband - and no answers !! 
    Of course i cancelled my other provider because i was getting the new one so now i have nothing !!!Unbelivable when the Exchange is so close - any help ?
    Hi Tiger72

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number or landline number & specific address I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

Alan despite me sending you on my details as you requested  and sending  you two messages aswell in the last 16 days just to find out if you had any bit of information i still havn't had anyone from Eircom contact me at all ....and ye have apparently go a 10 hour response time ????

Alan despite me sending you on my details as you requested  and sending  you two messages aswell in the last 16 days just to find out if you had any bit of information i still havn't had anyone from Eircom contact me at all ....and ye have apparently go a 10 hour response time ????
    Thanks for taking my call Tiger72

I will be back to you as soon as possible

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

Just to confirm Alan contacted me and is looking into my case - thanks 

Just to confirm Alan contacted me and is looking into my case - thanks 
    Thanks Tiger72

I'll be back to you as soon as I have more information

Again, apologies for the issues and delays thus far

Al