Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding band for venue in Co. Clare

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I know this has probably been asked to death but I'm getting married July 2016 and have found out that if I want to get a good band I'll pretty much have to book now as the original band that I wanted is already booked :( Ideally I would love a band and DJ to come together. I have looked around and have found a group called The Best Men who seem to provide a band and a Dj for when the band is finished. Does anyone have an experience with these guys? Are they good? Or even better can you recommend a band that you've heard and loved :)

Thank you ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭893bet

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know this has probably been asked to death but I'm getting married July 2016 and have found out that if I want to get a good band I'll pretty much have to book now as the original band that I wanted is already booked :( Ideally I would love a band and DJ to come together. I have looked around and have found a group called The Best Men who seem to provide a band and a Dj for when the band is finished. Does anyone have an experience with these guys? Are they good? Or even better can you recommend a band that you've heard and loved :)

Thank you ^_^

Was at a wedding recently and the band was called wavelength. Best wedding band I ever heard. Just sorry I am already married.

They did a dance mix with stuff like rythm is a dance and Mr vain but on their instruments. Was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Cool thanks ^_^ I'll look them up later tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi,

Thank you ^_^

Both bands mentioned above, the best men and wavelength are very good at what they do. theres a sticky at the top of this section, put your date and general location in there and bands will send you a pm if theyre available.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Both bands mentioned above, the best men and wavelength are very good at what they do. theres a sticky at the top of this section, put your date and general location in there and bands will send you a pm if theyre available.

Oh I didnt even see the sticky! Ill go there now! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Oh I didnt even see the sticky! Ill go there now! Thanks :D

some bands monitor that thread and reply on it, a lot dont, I always suggest set yourself a budget and a few pointers for what youre looking for, ie, a mix of everything or "no cheese" or " a lot of country"

go through all the bands in the sticky, (theres upwards of 70, theres over 100 on weddingsonline, I counted 1 day), hit their websites, narrow down the list by budget and setlist that you think suits.

ring them and get availability and budget. Only then start looking for reviews as theres no point in getting reviews for a band you cant get.

Try to only note multiple reviews over a number of years, singular reviews saying "band were great" or "best band ever" are incidental as you cant trust them.

Narrow the list to 3 bands that you want to view that are in budget, available and play songs you like, take a weekend and go view them, book the best. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement