Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

US iPhone 6 LTE/4G support here in Ireland

• 24-09-2014 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im heading to the states next week and was planning on picking up an unlocked iPhone 6 while i am there to bring back. Although I am still a bit concerned that if i do so, 4G won't work back home. Anyone have any ideas about this?

I saw apple list out the bands here, but Ireland's networks are not listed:
    apple.com/ie/iphone/LTE/

I asked 3 (my network) and they said they are covered, but that list just hasn't been updated. However they also said that they "couldn't guarantee" it would work once brought back, and added at the end "I can tell you that most iPhones bought in the US do not work in Ireland on 4G."

It seems like it should work, but I obviously don't want to splash out on a phone there that doesn't work right once i get back and its too late.

Anybody know what the story is here?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Im heading to the states next week and was planning on picking up an unlocked iPhone 6 while i am there to bring back. Although I am still a bit concerned that if i do so, 4G won't work back home. Anyone have any ideas about this?

I saw apple list out the bands here, but Ireland's networks are not listed:
    apple.com/ie/iphone/LTE/

I asked 3 (my network) and they said they are covered, but that list just hasn't been updated. However they also said that they "couldn't guarantee" it would work once brought back, and added at the end "I can tell you that most iPhones bought in the US do not work in Ireland on 4G."

It seems like it should work, but I obviously don't want to splash out on a phone there that doesn't work right once i get back and its too late.

Anybody know what the story is here?
    You won't get an unlocked iPhone 6 in the States until probably November

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danieledgood

godtabh wrote: »

Ah ye i am pretty sure you can. Not from Apple itself, but you can buy it outright from Verizon and they said all there phones are unlocked by law so i'm too worried about that part of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

godtabh wrote: »
    Actually the T-mobile pre-pay model they're selling now is actually sim free :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd be more concerned about getting warranty problems fixed in Europe on a US phone.

Advertisement