Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 warping in peoples pockets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

loh_oro wrote: »
    http://www.geek.com/apple/iphone-6s-are-being-bent-in-peoples-pockets-including-mine-1605177/

Shows that price != quality when it comes to the material used to make the phone. Unbelievable that this got passed the QA department.

God, it's really crawled up your ass, what's this; your 3rd post about it? I've had the 6 in my pockets many times since I bought it and no issues with bending.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Well the one good thing about it is that people know about this before they're more widely available in Ireland. It's fairly shocking all the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have mine in a Spigen Case since launch day and its in my pocket all day in work etc.
    I will have it a week on Friday, so i'll take it out of the case then and see if theres any issue.

Id imagine most of these people reporting the bending are testing the phones to the limit to see what the breaking points are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just bend it back the other way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭loh_oro

Just bend it back the other way :)

People have done that .... caused the screen to smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Could be a design flaw or it could just be or just consequences of keeping what amounts to a small iPad in your back pocket.

People tend to get more outraged when Apple products aren't indestructible than they would if they just squished their HTC or Samsung.

Don't put a €800 tablet in your jeans pocket!

Thin and large generally means prone to bending and possible design glitches are a good reason not to rush out buying new products :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭loh_oro

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Could be a design flaw or it could just be r consequences of keeping what amounts to a small iPad in your back pocket.

People tend to get more outraged when Apple products aren't indestructible than they would if they just squished their HTC or Samsung.

I have a Lumia 1520 which is bigger (6 inch) and It doesn't bend in my pocket. It's a bad design and it really is that simple. This should have been tested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

People will complain about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Why is my iPhone 6 not bent? Almost a week with it. In my front jeans pocket day in day out and it's still straight?! :(

Why won't my iPhone 6 get bent? :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I dont get what the fuss is about. People knew for months that Apple was apparently experimenting with curved glass. Now we know why!

:P

Still getting my 6+ on Friday though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

mad muffin wrote: »
    Why is my iPhone 6 not bent? Almost a week with it. In my front jeans pocket day in day out and it's still straight?! :(

It's faulty. Send it back for a full refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Batesy wrote: »
    It's faulty. Send it back for a full refund.

To the Apple phone!

*dials 1800-getbent*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Could be a design flaw or it could just be or just consequences of keeping what amounts to a small iPad in your back pocket.

Thin and large generally means prone to bending and possible design glitches are a good reason not to rush out buying new products :)

Except it doesn't happen with either of those. The guy who made the 6+ bend video also done it with a Note 3, doesn't bend.

Still plan on buying a 6 (has bending issues too) on Friday, but it is something to be weary of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Except it doesn't happen with either of those. The guy who made the 6+ bend video also done it with a Note 3, doesn't bend.

Still plan on buying a 6 (has bending issues too) on Friday, but it is something to be weary of.

Ah the note three did bend but it's plastic so a lot more maluable than aluminum.

To be honest I'm actually getting slightly worried about this as the more I thought of the more I realised how many times I could feel my g3 being strained in different ways even with fairly loose jeans on and that the iPhone is around 1cm taller than it so angles in pockets may be more awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

This is quite a serious design flaw and the complaints are justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

If it happens my 6 straight back to Belfast new phone please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

mad muffin wrote: »

Aye, but it's not the 6 that bends it's the 6 plus.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Yes, like being apprehensive to stump up the price of smart tv for fear of it bending when its in your pocket. Ludicrous...... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

gollywog wrote: »
    Yes, like being apprehensive to stump up the price of smart tv for fear of it bending when its in your pocket. Ludicrous...... :o

But at least this phone is smart, which the same can't be said for said smart TV ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

It's amazing to see people here defending /downplaying a phone with a serious design flaw. People who have purchased the phone should consider returning the phone to the retailer for a refund as clearly, a phone which can't sustain normal stress/ strain caused by putting in your front pocket in your pants is not fit for purpose, in my opinion.

I like apple devices as much as the next person (Having owned numerous iphones, imac, etc) so I'm not a fanboy or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Dont tell the Anodroid fan this is a new feature for iphone 6 and 6 plus

It's the new "never lose your iPhone again boomerang" technology. With this it will come flying back to you - and you can delete the "find my iPhone" app as well!

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

loh_oro wrote: »
    I have a Lumia 1520 which is bigger (6 inch) and It doesn't bend in my pocket. It's a bad design and it really is that simple. This should have been tested

Many other phones do. So his point about people milking it cause it's Apple is a fair comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

DC403l wrote: »
    It's amazing to see people here defending /downplaying a phone with a serious design flaw. People who have purchased the phone should consider returning the phone to the retailer for a refund as clearly, a phone which can't sustain normal stress/ strain caused by putting in your front pocket in your pants is not fit for purpose, in my opinion.

I like apple devices as much as the next person (Having owned numerous iphones, imac, etc) so I'm not a fanboy or anything.

I take it you have direct experience of this? Or are you merely talking through your pants? I've been using the 6 since Sunday, since then it's been in my front and back pocket, and I've had no issue with bending what so ever.

Thanks for your advice re seeking a refund but if it's just waffle based on hear say, you know where you can shove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have Apple said anything about replacements?

When the 6 plus bends surely it's going to shatter the glass which can be very expensive to replace.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

naasrd wrote: »
    I take it you have direct experience of this? Or are you merely talking through your pants? I've been using the 6 since Sunday, since then it's been in my front and back pocket, and I've had no issue with bending what so ever.

Thanks for your advice re seeking a refund but if it's just waffle based on hear say, you know where you can shove it.

You've been using a 6 but have you noticed yet, despite your many comments, that the issues are focused around the 6+? We get that you have a 6 and are happy. That's great, but you're defending something you equally have fcek all "direct experience" on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I've been telling Apple to get bent for years, finally, someone listened....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Have Apple said anything about replacements?

When the 6 plus bends surely it's going to shatter the glass which can be very expensive to replace.

Refusing refunds. Its your fault if you bend it apparently.
    You've been using a 6 but have you noticed yet, despite your many comments, that the issues are focused around the 6+? We get that you have a 6 and are happy. That's great, but you're defending something you equally have fcek all "direct experience" on.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to pull him up. Literally all day giving smartass comments about what people arent even talking about. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It's now a curved screen, that's all the rage now I think like the LG curved screen ones. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Many other phones do. So his point about people milking it cause it's Apple is a fair comment.

What other phones band like the 6Plus just out of curiosity? I didnt think it was such a common problem with larger phones such as the Note, G3 and Lumia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement