Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 warping in peoples pockets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

So that settles it. Lou is in fact just freakishly strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

kceire wrote: »
    I'm sure BMW cars have an A crash rating but not everyone is crashed to confirm that.

no but a sample size of cars are independently crashed and tested to be given this rating. The reasoning being that ALL of these cars are constructed the same and will perform the same way.
    If phones are bending , it's reasonable to assume that either a large batch of them will be capable of this also , or that all of them will due to poor design/ materials .
    It's not just 9 Chosen phones..
    But people will believe what they want to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So that settles it. Lou is in fact just freakishly strong.

He's actually disingenuous. He started off with a slightly bent Plus. Didn't say how it got bent in the first place, and didn't try to bend one that wasn't damaged already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

papu wrote: »
    Fair enough , I didn't realize they move 10 million stock , I thought I read somewhere that it was 10million ordered.

This is one area I wish Samsung copied Apple, apple only ever report sales figures. Samsung report shipped figures, meaning majority of them could by lying in a warehouse. Samsung aren't the only ones to do it mind, Microsoft does it for Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

At the end of the day, 9 out of 10,000,000 devices (at last count) have actually been reported to Apple that they've bent (probably not including the idiots doing it on YouTube).

At any company's rate, that's not a bad failure rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, 0.00009% is pretty good maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I don't see why people get so bent out of shape so easily..

:pac:

Zcott wrote: »
    Yep, 0.00009% is pretty good maths.

what does this even mean?
    because it's pretty awful from a statistics point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

what does this even mean?
    because it's pretty awful from a statistics point of view.

it means thats the percentage of phones it has happened to (or people have claimed its happened to)

so its a non issue, the chances of the phone bending in your pocket is 0.00009%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My maths might be a bit rusty here but isn't it a 0.0000009% chance that it will bend? Which btw is actually even more rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭brevity

DubDJ wrote: »
    My maths might be a bit rusty here but isn't it a 0.0000009% chance that it will bend?

Not on your life my hindu friend!

This early you cannot determine the rate of failure or defect. The number of people who have reported the fault does not equal the amount of units that have the fault or will have the fault.

Aluminum is one of the most malleable metals around so it is not unforeseeable that this would happen.

This early you cannot determine the rate of failure or defect. The number of people who have reported the fault does not equal the amount of units that have the fault or will have the fault.

Aluminum is one of the most malleable metals around so it is not unforeseeable that this would happen.

i know but those figures help to do a sanity check. atm, its not a big issue

and to be fair, if you dont look after the phone its going to get damaged, like if you stuff a massive piece of tech in your pants with no protection it could be open to damage.

If it got scratched in someones pocket no one would batt an eyelid

ukoda wrote: »
    i know but those figures help to do a sanity check. atm, its not a big issue

and to be fair, if you dont look after the phone its going to get damaged, like if you stuff a massive piece of tech in your pants with no protection it could be open to damage.

If it got scratched in someones pocket no one would batt an eyelid

I think they would , its got a sapphire screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

brevity wrote: »
    Not on your life my hindu friend!

323372.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

So you have a chip on your shoulder how someone else spends their time? I bet your one of those people with a neighbourhood watch sticker in your window to justify your constant moaning about others and judging people because they don't like what you like.

Well guess what some people like iOS and some like android. Get the fcuk over it and grow up. If your wife/mother/girlfriend/boyfriend knew about this behaviour you'd probab get a smack from them.

Ha ha did you actually read the thread or look at the reports. I guess your one of these people that say "I'm not an apple basher" but <insert apple bash here>.

I'm going over the and round forum now to tell all the Fandroids how crap their phones are ........

iphones are over priced (and outdated, but everyone knows that), most android users you will find are just more sensible, its not rocket science.

and i dont have a neighbourhood watch sticker and have no idea what your on about, but enjoy the new iphone(s), i am sure you will love the 8pega pixel camera and nfc function that only works with apple approved outlets, and dont forget to download the app to remove the u2 album.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hachiko wrote: »
    iphones are over priced (and outdated, but everyone knows that), most android users you will find are just more sensible, its not rocket science.

and i dont have a neighbourhood watch sticker and have no idea what your on about, but enjoy the new iphone(s), i am sure you will love the 8pega pixel camera and nfc function that only works with apple approved outlets, and dont forget to download the app to remove the u2 album.

Seeing as you obviously can't find it for yourself without help: android forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Maybe do some reading on the specs before bashing ;)

Maybe do some reading on the specs before bashing ;)

Well I wasn't and haven't been bashing so..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iphones are over priced

Mine was freee.
    most android users you will find are just more sensible, its not rocket science.

Thats to be debated.
    i am sure you will love the 8pega pixel camera

MP isint everything. As somebody who uses a DSLR, my phone camera is a playful item. Anybody into photography will be able to teach you about sensor size etc
    nfc function that only works with apple approved outlets

As someone that has had NFC on my work Galaxy since introduction, i can count using one finger the amount of times i have used it, actually is 0 countable?
    dont forget to download the app to remove the u2 album.

Believe it or not, i voluntarily downloaded the album, i actually like U2, sorry about that.

So once again, you try force your opinions on others tut tut tut, god forbid people have different needs and different requirements and different tastes when it comes down to electronical gadgets. God you must have some chip on your shoulder, albeit a quad core chip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ha ha did you actually read the thread or look at the reports. I guess your one of these people that say "I'm not an apple basher" but <insert apple bash here>.

I'm going over the and round forum now to tell all the Fandroids how crap their phones are ........

What are you on about? I don't own or never have owned an android device not am I planning to own on in the near future. I am an Apple Mac user for 20 years and own an iPhone an iPad an iPad mini and an mac retina laptop as well as a Mac mini. I have been buying and using their products since the age of the Mac Classic . Macintosh, emacs, iMacs and so on....

This still doesn't mean that apple can release products that at first glance appear inferior and defective. If one is paying a grand for a phone then they should expect a premium product and updates that don't turn off your phone! As I said I will hold off and see if these reports are media fishing for a story or something more serious . Not sure why people are so sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

At least the other trolls this week have attempted some subtlety, but you're just hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Pretty much done with this forum, it's far too troll-filled to even have a proper discussion about things.

At the end of the day, you buy a piece of technology that works for you. Great. Don't try and make yourself feel better by bashing other people's choices.

That makes you look, well, like a troll.

jank wrote: »
    What are you on about? I don't own or never have owned an android device not am I planning to own on in the near future. I am an Apple Mac user for 20 years and own an iPhone an iPad an iPad mini and an mac retina laptop as well as a Mac mini. I have been buying and using their products since the age of the Mac Classic . Macintosh, emacs, iMacs and so on....

This still doesn't mean that apple can release products that at first glance appear inferior and defective. If one is paying a grand for a phone then they should expect a premium product and updates that don't turn off your phone! As I said I will hold off and see if these reports are media fishing for a story or something more serious . Not sure why people are so sensitive.

Fair enough. My apolagies as i obviously picked your post up wrong.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Pretty much done with this forum, it's far too troll-filled to even have a proper discussion about things.

At the end of the day, you buy a piece of technology that works for you. Great. Don't try and make yourself feel better by bashing other people's choices.

That makes you look, well, like a troll.

your 100% correct, this forum has gone like this, but in fairness it always does around Apple launches. The trolls see the good weather and pop out for a bit of sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

9 iphone returned out of how many millions??

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/25/apple-on-bending-iphones/

fox007 wrote: »
    9 iphone returned out of how many millions??

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/25/apple-on-bending-iphones/

Like I mentioned before it is 9 right now. You cannot judge rate of failure and rate of defect this early in a life cycle.

Just because 9 people complained does not mean there isn't many more phones out there that are bending or are about to bend.

After a year there will be a better view at the rate of defect.

After a year there will be a better view at the rate of defect.

after a year, no one will remember this.

• Advertisement

ukoda wrote: »
    after a year, no one will remember this.

Well, that is of no consequence to me as I am more interested in the actual numbers rather than hyperbole on both scales. There is definitely more than 9 phones with this issue but I 100% do not see it being more than a percent or two with the problem. Then again aluminum is simple to bend being one of the most malleable metals on the planet and the bigger the area is the easier it is to bend. This problem should have and it is my gut feeling it was caught at the engineering stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement