Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rear Hugger - Bandit 600

• 24-09-2014 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So finally managed to get a rear hugger for my Bandit 600 MK1, but as I don't like going mainstream and paying €120 for a new one with instructions and all that, I managed to find a place that makes them our of carbon fiber, but does not complete the set up.

All you get is the mould shape done and you need to drill out the holes, paint and all that.

The question I have is, does anyone know how they are supposed to fit on the right hand side of the swingarm?? I know on the left it fits over as a chain guard, but I just can't figure out the right side.

I can't find the fitting instructions anywhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

Got any Pic's? of the hugger and area of the swing arm could help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

hmmmm, that would be a good start! I'll get some and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

would be quite interested in this as well, have a 600 bandit as well, and the hugger has been on the cards for the last year or so. one of these days......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

The issue is the rear brake hose and hose clips that seem to be welded to the right side swingarm.... It almost looks like the hugger needs to go over then to rest on the swingarm, however the hose clips seem so tight that I can't see how the hose would fit in the clip if the hugger was under... will explain better with pictures...

Advertisement