Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant 4 weeks

Options
  • 24-09-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi, can't believe I'm actually writing this but I got my BFP 4 days before i was late, so very early stages yet, will be 4 weeks tomorrow, I'm really anxious cause I know it is so early and it's our first month trying for our first baby so I feel like it's too good to be true, been feeling really sick with nausea, is it too early for morning sickness? Also, is there anything I should be doing, when should I go visit my gp, don't want to go too early incase something goes wrong on in the mean time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Congrats petal! I went to my gp when I was 3 weeks pregnant and even though the test was postuvie she told me to come back at 6 weeks, where she would sign me for the free maternity care and decide on which hospital to attend.

As far I know, some hospitals, you are able to book yourself in online without refereral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Congratulations! You should take folic acid for the first 12 weeks. You might be nauseous and tired and have sore boobs. Try to rest and not worry too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Thanks, I've started taking folic acid alright, I think I might wait until I am 6 weeks and then go to my gp, I'll have loads of questions for her anyway, exciting times ahead, nervous one minute and excited the next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

You're the exact same as me, first month trying for first baby, it's a SERIOUS shock! We found out when I was just a few hours late so similar boat also. I went to the gp when I was just over 6 weeks to confirm it, like you I didn't want to bother going earlier in case something happened, as the first couple of weeks after your period is due is when it's most likely to miscarry if it's going to. I didn't have nausea or sore boobs (still no sore boobs at almost 10 weeks now, everyone's different), but I was absolutely exhausted for about 4 days before I did the test, like, floored with tiredness. It's possible to get symptoms really early.

Just make sure you bring a urine sample or are able to pee when you go to the gp. I didn't bring one (in my life I have never brought one, always give one there) and she was a bit patronising about me not bringing one (like it was a noob mistake), thought it was a bit mean!

It is definitely a serious shock, I thought it would take a few months a least but were both delighted! I'm exhausted too but think the nausea is taking over on that front at the moment!!

Thanks for the advise bout bringing the sample... I would have never thought to bring one!! Maybe the doctor was having an off day?!

• Advertisement

Petal765 wrote: »
    It is definitely a serious shock, I thought it would take a few months a least but were both delighted! I'm exhausted too but think the nausea is taking over on that front at the moment!!

Thanks for the advise bout bringing the sample... I would have never thought to bring one!! Maybe the doctor was having an off day?!

I mean I don't know about other people but I don't routinely have containers at home I can cart pee around in with me! I don't know, it was odd, I'd just be prepared to give a sample rather than bring one if I was you :)

Such a shock, which we are still finding difficult to accept tbh. We had a scan at 8 weeks which showed "it" (blob) with its heartbeat, that did make it a bit more real but it's all still very shocking. We haven't told anyone, not parents, siblings, nobody, which I think is making it all feel even more unrealistic, if they knew it would be more real.

Lots of people say this but it's definitely good advice, definitely try now to accept that after this first burst of excitement/productivity with seeing the gp and stuff, NOTHING happens, for quite a while. Life carries on as normal, even though it might feel anything but normal to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Was exactly the same. Took one week (OH was actually away the rest of the time) to get pregnant... Nearly died of shock!

The first few months are pretty frustratingly slow so prepare yourself for that. It'll be two months before you get called to hospital from now

Was exactly the same. Took one week (OH was actually away the rest of the time) to get pregnant... Nearly died of shock!

Same here! We were apart for 2 weeks and my husband was sick for another week, one week, 3 "encounters", he's delighted with himself :rolleyes:

Same here! We were apart for 2 weeks and my husband was sick for another week, one week, 3 "encounters", he's delighted with himself :rolleyes:

That's so funny!! My husband is the same ... Totally delighted with himself, been reminded everyday since! Men ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

One week 2 encounters rofl! Turns out my mothers "be safe" talk was very accurate. Her warning was "Got pregnant, first time, four times"!

• Advertisement

Talk about tmi but it was my first time in my LIFE having unprotected sex, I was on the pill for years and have always ALWAYS used condoms. Ditched them for a week...ta-da! Madness! Honestly can't believe it. It was the only month this year we were going to try, then we were going to leave it again until next year, when it would probably take 6-18 months anyway. Pfft!

I think it really shows how not having to come off the pill makes it so much easier, no waiting period for your body to recover. I came off it after about 7 years, didn't like the idea of it messing everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

Hi Ladies,

I was the same, we decided to try after our wedding 8 weeks ago today and I'm currently 7+1!

We have a 3 yo also so will have our hands full but cant wait!

Small bit of nausea, sore boobs since the beginning and peeing every 2 mins (TMI sorry :)

Hubby is delighted with himself too, their jobs are done ;)

We're quite newly married too, not as new as 8 weeks ago! Less than a year, I didn't think I'd be hitting the 12 week mark when we celebrate our anniversary.

We keep joking that we should hire him out to stud like a horse, given his quick success :pac: Maybe it's not them though, maybe we're just amazing, fit, healthy and fertile? :D

Advertisement