Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Did all mamas to be have a good Christmas? We had a fairly quiet one and it was nice. My little boy had no interest in his presents at all. He's still too young to understand. The baby has gone mad with the kicking and moving the last few days. I'm properly getting kicked regularly. It's nice because when you feel one you know the baba is ok. Then an hour or two later you get a few more like he is saying hi - I'm all good in here!

I've been taking the dietician's advice and eating as much as I can. My appetite is still not great but I did eat a full Xmas dinner and everyone was impressed :cool:

If I forget to take one of my tablets I do feel nauseous pretty quickly but the tablets make me quite drowsy so I'm not quite with it - lots of sleeping going on! Still the odd but of puking but I think, unlike my last pretnancy that might happen until I deliver. I don't mind the odd puke though and being sleepy is preferable to feeling nauseated all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mrs. Draper

Hi Woshy - how many weeks are you? I'm 15+2 and had thought I was feeling some sort of bubbling sensation in my lower abdo the past few days and didn't give it much thought but today it was constant almost all day. I have the fingers and toes crossed that its not just gas :)

Hi Woshy - how many weeks are you? I'm 15+2 and had thought I was feeling some sort of bubbling sensation in my lower abdo the past few days and didn't give it much thought but today it was constant almost all day. I have the fingers and toes crossed that its not just gas :)

I'm 18 weeks today but this is my second baby and I felt kicks very early on with my first too. The huge amount of weight I lost while v sick in the first trimester does have some benefits!

The bubbling is hard to pinpoint as it could so easily be gas but you'll know when you get a kick for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mrs. Draper

Woshy wrote: »
    I'm 18 weeks today but this is my second baby and I felt kicks very early on with him too. The huge amount of weight I lost while v sick in the first trimester does have some benefits!

OOOH so it possibly is kicks! Exciting! Its like someone is blowing bubbles inside me :)

edit: just saw your last sentence re bubbles… its so low down in my abdomen - just above the pelvis - thats making me think its movement!

OOOH so it possibly is kicks! Exciting! Its like someone is blowing bubbles inside me :)

That's more likely movement or "quickening", like the baby doing somersaults etc - a kick will feel like a little thump from the inside! V light at first

• Advertisement

edit: just saw your last sentence re bubbles… its so low down in my abdomen - just above the pelvis - thats making me think its movement!

Great minds - I just posted that. Sounds like movement t to me! Give it a few weeks and you'll prob get a few light kicks :) it is exciting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

@mrs draper how exciting if you're feeling movement!! That's brilliant. I can't wait for that!!

@woshy I'm glad you got to enjoy your Xmas dinner you absolutely deserve it!! :) how are you feeling now? Hopefully there won't be too much puking between now and june for you!!

I am absolutely exhausted!! I am sooooo tired. Yesterday I did all the cooking and the same today except I'm cooking for 7 people now so I'm sitting down for a breather before I have to get going again. It's been a whirlwind few days, my wonderful partner proposed last Sunday night and my best friend knew about it so she had celebratory drinks arranged with a few people so it's all been mad. Can't stop looking at my ring!! :D I'm 16 + 1 today and feeling very very full and bloated and I still haven't had my obligatory christmas selection box for breakfast :D

Enjoy all the engagement excitement - it's a very special time! I know when I got engaged I kept doing things with my left hand and thinking ooh, shiny shiny!

You'll need a break to recover from your break!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Allirog wrote: »
    I am absolutely exhausted!! I am sooooo tired. Yesterday I did all the cooking and the same today except I'm cooking for 7 people now so I'm sitting down for a breather before I have to get going again. It's been a whirlwind few days, my wonderful partner proposed last Sunday night and my best friend knew about it so she had celebratory drinks arranged with a few people so it's all been mad. Can't stop looking at my ring!! :D I'm 16 + 1 today and feeling very very full and bloated and I still haven't had my obligatory christmas selection box for breakfast :D

Congrats! Exciting times... enjoy all the excitement... it's fun Times....

I'm so excited waiting for movement... :-) I'm 14w5d today... so nothing stirring yet but I'm hoping that me being very thin will help me feel the movement a little sooner..... ;-) so excited for u girls who are feeling some stirring inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Congratulations on the engagement Allirog! Wonderful news! I loved being engaged, I love being married too but there's something extra special about being engaged!

Well done on the full dinner consumption Woshy!

Thanks for the information Mrs Draper, I'm due to go to the GP in a few weeks, not quite sure how I'll broach that subject but I need the 55e more than she does right now, especially if I'm legally entitled to it!

I am shattered at the moment, finished nights on Xmas morning, they were busy too, got three hours sleep and cooked Xmas dinner for seven with my hubby. Today my mum gave me a really nice necklace for Christmas and I burst into tears, which is not me at all! Luckily I'm off work for another couple of days so I'm gonna take fairly handy.

I felt some air bubbles the other day and thought I felt a little flick too, I sleep on my front and was lying in bed at the time.

Feeling very full and looking properly pregnant now too, though not so much in my uniform, which is great! Have to hit the shops and find an outfit for a friends wedding next week!

• Advertisement

Thanks all, we're really enjoying it have to say :)

How is everyone doin? I'm a bit fed up if I must be honest, feel like I'm getting nowhere! And I'm dying to start buying things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Allirog wrote: »
    Thanks all, we're really enjoying it have to say :)

How is everyone doin? I'm a bit fed up if I must be honest, feel like I'm getting nowhere! And I'm dying to start buying things!!

I'm eager to start buying things too. I'm going to try to wait until after the anatomy scan though if I can....unless there are some sale items which are too good to miss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I'm waiting until after the big scan too. I've started looking at things to get ideas but it just seems a little soon to start buying things.

Buying stuff is fun - I'll miss that part! I did buy loads of new clothes for my little boy yesterday because he's suddenly grown out of his 12-18 month stuff. I did have a look at all the cute girls stuff so if I'm having a girl I don't think I'll be able to resist buying a few things!

We'll prob start looking around for stuff around the end of Feb - I'll be about 23 wks then (that's scary!)

Are any of you ladies having weird dreams? I've been having the wierdest most vivid dreams over the last few wks. I always struggled to remember my dreams but recently.... my husband thinks I'm mad and he hasn't even heard about last nights one yet!!!

We have a scan today to confirm dates - looking forward to seeing our little baba again in a few hours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Oh I'm the same blueberry my dreams are nuts :):) so funny they could be about absolutely anything. Good luck with your scan

Yeovil, crazy dreams here too - so vivid. It's one of the first pregnancy signs for me. Those pesky hormones! Makes you more tired during the day as well.

Good luck at your scan Blueberry let us know how you get on

I always have mad dreams so there is nothing new there for me. Still absolutely shattered all the time too, slept terribly last night and was vomiting this morning because of it!

I have started bits of research into buggies and things, going to seek advice from cousins with kids and may check out some European brands before buying anything.

Hope all was good with the scan B22!

Thanks guys - all is great thank god! They were me with a due date of the 12th June even though she agreed I was 9 days behind (as per my dates and 2 previous scans!) So that makes me 16w and 3d not 15w and 1d - it's so strange but what can you do.... crazy seeing bubs again moving around in there. Got a cute pic that it looks like s/he is sucking their thumb...

My hubby can't wait to start buying and decorating - I thought that'd be me!!!

I'm feeling sicker for the last week than for the last 12! Second tri improvement how are ya?!lol

Oh god my dreams are crazy too, last night I dreamt we went to visit friends who live abroad and I had the baby over there and it was a boy!! Madness!! Also my dad passed away a few years ago and I regularly have dreams of him, which strangely is kinda of nice :)

Today I got our house in order. We took down the tree and cleaned up and bought a new shelving unit for the sitting room and some new shelves and we also bought our paint for the nursey! So much excitement!!

Blueberry glad everything went well at your scan, and nice that it puts you a few days ahead. My anomaly is on feb 5th which isn't even that far away anymore!!

Back to work tomorrow and dreading it. Id absolutely love to have the rest of the week off!!

• Advertisement

I thought I was feeling movement about a week ago. It was high up towards my ribs and felt like something tugging or pulling on something really slightly. It was happening every evening for a few days.
    I haven't felt anything in the past number of days though. Really hoping what I was feeling wasn't movement and the real movements are yet to come. I'm into my 19th week now. A little worried incase it was movement and now it has stopped.
    Have another 3 weeks wait until my anatomy scan.

My little bean is so active - getting kicked like nobody's business at the moment. Last night was the first night it disturbed my sleep. I think I might be incubating another very active baby! I'm 18+4 now.

Great about the scan blueberry, always nice to find out you're further along than you thought.

It was probably gas before or ligaments stretching wittyname and everything is fine with your little baba. Try not to worry! According to my baby book and the Internet you can expect to feel movement between 16-24 weeks and first time mums it's likely to be closer to the 24 weeks - loads of time left for you to feel it squirming!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Hi Ladies hope ye are all feeling ok, im on my third baby nd im 17 wks today not a whole pile of movement yet cant wait for baba to take off kicking more..
    Has anyone thought about finding out the sex of the baby? im really torn this time around, on my last 2 it was a most def no but I just don't know wat to do this time.. As I have 2 boys and my partner has 1little boy would love a little girl and am anxious to find out... really confused as I love that moment when the doc tells you that you have a girl or boy think its so special.

Woshy wrote: »

It was probably gas before or ligaments stretching wittyname and everything is fine with your little baba. Try not to worry! According to my baby book and the Internet you can expect to feel movement between 16-24 weeks and first time mums it's likely to be closer to the 24 weeks - loads of time left for you to feel it squirming!

Thanks for that Woshy. I'm 18wks and a couple of days so hopefully I'll feel proper movement soon.

Re. finding out the gender...we are 100% going to do this. Hopefully they can get a good view at our anatomy scan and can tell us then. I personally feel it will make it all feel more real and we can start referring to him or her instead of "the baby". I think it might make us feel closer to him or her if that makes sense.
    I totally get why other people prefer not to find out though. It's a personal preference at the end of the day :)

Glad to hear all feeling well. My goodness me Allirog - you're beyond organised!

I'm still wrecked, I cannot wait until this tiredness lifts and I feel relatively normal again, I'm sleeping so badly at the moment and work is constantly bananas!

Also, girls, my skin. It's disimproving if anything, driving me cracked.

We are absolutely not finding out what sex the baby will be, I cannot wait for that surprise, unlike anything else in the world! When I attend births I always like to let the mums and dads look for themselves, I'd very much like my OH to check out the goods first! I'll be looking away during the anomaly scan, that's for sure!

Can I ask - is it just me or is anyone else having a "WTF have I done?" thought every day?

Admittedly the paint was accidental and bought on impulse. But 3 tins of exactly the colours we discussed for €15 was something I couldn't pass :D

We're the same RE finding out the sex. I'm so looking forward to that surprise at the end of this journey and then being able to start a new one once he or she is here :)

Tfak my skin is the same. It's awful. I was on tetralysal for adult acne for almost a year before coming pregnant and had to discontinue immediately and since the day I stopped my skin has been horrendous. Most of the time my face looks like a pepperoni pizza!!! And I refuse to go out with no make up on!

We're finding out - my scan is in two weeks. It's my reward for getting through the horrendous sickness.

We found out on my little boy as well and it was a really special day and a very happy memory. It was nice to spread out the excitement a bit. I didn't broadcast it but if people asked me I told them. I'm really excited about finding out again. I can't wait!

W could actually see it was a little boy at the scan last time before we were told - it was very obvious so make sure not to look too much at the screen if you want to keep it a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

my next scan is in early feb, I think I wont make my mind up until im there. thank god my partner is happy with whatever decision I make he'll go with it.. im carrying the very same as my last 2 boys tho, im 17 wk 1d nd youd never know I was preg im still a few pounds lighter than wen I found out I was I expecting.. however iv a new partner whether that makes any diff I don't know..

It'll be interesting to see if you carrying the same means it's another boy missymad! I'm much, much bigger than I was last time at 18 weeks. I have a proper bump on me and am obviously pregnant. It was my birthday when I was 18 weeks last time so I heve photos and I don't look pregnant at all. I had hyperemesis last time too but not as bad so I lost less weight last time too! Last time I was weighed I was 15lbs less than my pre pregnancy weight. I've a duetician's appointment in two weeks so fingers crossed I've put in a decent amount of weight

Statistically, it is more likely this one is a girl because I was so much sicker and if you're having a girl hyperemesis is usually worse. Last time I was convinced I was having a girl though so I know my instinct isn't too be trusted so I have no clue at the moment which one it is :) I'll be happy with a healthy baby, I'm nervous about the scan because I feel like we got so lucky with my perfectly healthy little boy and we can't be that lucky again!

• Advertisement

We're not going to find out the sex. It's our first and I personally love the excitement of being told at birth and then my oh making the calls to tell our parents. But that's just my own personal opinion :)

I'm dreading our anomaly scan, I just have myself convinced there'll be something on it! Fingers crossed though. My scan is on feb 5th, when is yours woshy? It must be soon??

Advertisement