Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

It's the 14th Jan so pretty soon. Will be glad when it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

my first 2 boys were as healthy as anything ones now 7 nd iv a 22month old nd neither have been sick bar the odd cold. fingers crossed this baby will b as healthy and happy.. as I said im carrying the same however had a month and a half of being so sick I couldn't move off the couch was really bad couldn't eat a thing.. def didn't av that with my 2 boys. that's past now thank god just really tired. would love a little girl this time but once baby is healthy I couldn't care less..

A boy and girl would b lovely woshy just perfect sounds like that's the way its heading for you. My friend is due in 2 weeks and knows shes having a little girl and she has a little boy already, perfect little family..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I look mega pregnant today, I am sixteen weeks now. I don't know if it was the particular uniform top I had on or what but I actually looked pregnant, I think it's because my boobs are completely out of control, huge!

So busy at work at the moment too, I work on the ward with all the pregnant ladies on it, today I had a lady who progressed in labour really fast, brought her to delivery and stayed to attend the birth (about four mins later)! I lifted up the baby so she could see what it was herself, so excited! I had been a bit freaked about the birth the other day but after staying with her throughout today I felt great!

Going to a wedding tomorrow, going to see some friends for the first time in ages! Can't wait to tell them and see their reactions!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Happy New year to all you mammys to be...lol. a life changing year for all of us hopefully... :-)

We are not finding out the sex - we both want that little extra surprise on the day :-)

Hope you are all feeling well

Enjoy the wedding! This time of year is so popular for weddings nowadays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I love that we can say we'll have our babies 'this year' :D it really is the little things :D

I'm 17 weeks today and the last few weeks the boob pain disappeared but this last few days it's back full force! Ouchies!

Well happy new year everyone... Looking forward to the last few months of our journey! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Hi ladies, would just like to join in if that's ok. Have 4 children - 13, 10, 6 and 4. Due baby no 5 5th June which happens to be my dads birthday. Very emotional about that as he passed away last Jan 4th. I'm not the most sentimental of people but definitely think this baby is a special gift. I'm 41, so a bit older than most here I would presume. Had a private scan at 9 weeks just to settle the nerves and everything looked great. Had quite a tough first trimester, with tiredness and constant nausea but both kind of lifting now. Due a scan in Holles St in a couple weeks, and will find out the gender. We have 2 girls and 2 boys already. Biggest problem I have now is restless leg syndrome at night, driving me round the bend. It's like pins and needles for hours at a time. My last baby was 10lbs and am expecting the same with this one, as I've put on a lot of weight already....nearly 2stone so far. I look about 6 months pregnant, can only imagine what size I'll end up :) Will be nice to talk to other women at the same stage of pregnancy x

Hi Nina, wow no5!! that's brilliant! This is my first and already i'm like - I ain't doing this again and I'm only at 17 weeks!! :D

Girls, just wondering can anyone recommend any where to do pregnancy yoga in or around maynooth/celbridge/clane? I'm considering it but dont know anyone who has done it and if they'd recommend it! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Allirog wrote: »
    Hi Nina, wow no5!! that's brilliant! This is my first and already i'm like - I ain't doing this again and I'm only at 17 weeks!! :D

Girls, just wondering can anyone recommend any where to do pregnancy yoga in or around maynooth/celbridge/clane? I'm considering it but dont know anyone who has done it and if they'd recommend it! Thanks :)

The Durga Yoga place in maynooth was recommended to me, but I can't find any details of pregnancy classes on their website. I'm hoping some new classes start in Jan and they just haven't updated their website.

Ninamc - welcome and congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

WittyName1 wrote: »
    The Durga Yoga place in maynooth was recommended to me, but I can't find any details of pregnancy classes on their website. I'm hoping some new classes start in Jan and they just haven't updated their website.

Ninamc - welcome and congrats! :)

I'm also waiting for the new timetable to be released at Durga in Maynooth and assume it will be online soon. Prior to Christmas the pregnancy yoga seemed to be on a Wednesday evening so I'm hoping it will be the same. The Healthy Way in Leixlip also do pregnancy yoga classes.

brilliant, thanks a mill!! Is that the place at the side of Avenue? I must keep an eye on their website too!

• Advertisement

ninamc wrote: »
    Hi ladies, would just like to join in if that's ok. Have 4 children - 13, 10, 6 and 4. Due baby no 5 5th June which happens to be my dads birthday. Very emotional about that as he passed away last Jan 4th. I'm not the most sentimental of people but definitely think this baby is a special gift. I'm 41, so a bit older than most here I would presume. Had a private scan at 9 weeks just to settle the nerves and everything looked great. Had quite a tough first trimester, with tiredness and constant nausea but both kind of lifting now. Due a scan in Holles St in a couple weeks, and will find out the gender. We have 2 girls and 2 boys already. Biggest problem I have now is restless leg syndrome at night, driving me round the bend. It's like pins and needles for hours at a time. My last baby was 10lbs and am expecting the same with this one, as I've put on a lot of weight already....nearly 2stone so far. I look about 6 months pregnant, can only imagine what size I'll end up :) Will be nice to talk to other women at the same stage of pregnancy x

Congrats and welcome! What a precious gift your baba is :)

If it's a boy will you name it after your Dad? Great to have someone with lots of experience around for us all. This is my second (and last!) baby :)

brilliant, thanks a mill!! Is that the place at the side of Avenue? I must keep an eye on their website too!

Yep that's the place. Finesse on the Main Street also do pre-natal pilates on a Saturday morning so I might give that a go too.

Bump pic! This is me at almost 19 weeks. Cut my head out for privacy reasons and it actually makes the photo look better. I might do it for all my photos! :D

Would love to see some other bumps! :)

2zghxj8.jpg

Oh woshy I have serious envy looking at your pic!! You look fantastic!!! Although I'm not convinced I'm ever going to have a visible bump as I am overweight so to me it doesn't seem like it's ever going to be noticeable, hopefully I'm wrong :)

Oh woshy I have serious envy looking at your pic!! You look fantastic!!! Although I'm not convinced I'm ever going to have a visible bump as I am overweight so to me it doesn't seem like it's ever going to be noticeable, hopefully I'm wrong :)

You're def wrong, you'll have a fab bump soon! My last pregnancy we took a bump pic of me every week or two. From 19 to 25 weeks I expanded so rapidly - it's crazy looking back on. Give it a few weeks and you'll be wondering where it came from :)

Yea maybe you're right! I am still just 17 weeks so still early days for bumps and flutters :) I keep lying really still hoping I can feel something! Hurry up baby :D:D

Yea maybe you're right! I am still just 17 weeks so still early days for bumps and flutters :) I keep lying really still hoping I can feel something! Hurry up baby :D:D

I know pregnancy can feel sooooo long sometimes. Soon you'll be kept awake at night by kicks and be complaining about it :D

You show earlier on your second and subsequent pregnancies as well, I wasn't as bumpy at 19 weeks last time :)

You know, I was thinking that as well. It'll get to a stage of kicks and movement when I'm sure I'll just want a little break from it all :D

Ah I'm looking forward to what has yet to come. I've something baby related on every month now till birth date so it's mega exciting and we're trying to arrange an engagement gathering too so lots to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Allirog I'm 23weeks and as of two weeks ago I get the crap kicked out of me literally as soon as I lie down at night and on and off until it ramps up again at 7am, it feels weird, makes my stomach lurch (feels like multiple punches in the gut), and makes me very tired! Enjoy the peace while you have it!

For any mums to be who are going to the Coombe.... If you haven't already sent in your antenatal booking firm I would recommend getting on the case asap. I sent mine off by email just before Christmas and have been booked into the Saturday intensive program at the end of April (the first Saturday available). Sounds like the Saturdays get booked up really quickly.

• Advertisement

Yea I'm in the Coombe and I booked mine before Christmas and am booked for the last Saturday in April too. When I rang I felt like the courses were booking up fast, she even told me then they didn't have many slots free for that date!

Yea I'm in the Coombe and I booked mine before Christmas and am booked for the last Saturday in April too. When I rang I felt like the courses were booking up fast, she even told me then they didn't have many slots free for that date!

Is it a day long Sat one that the coombe does? If so I didn't realise this. I was going to book a private one as a one day weekend one suits both my partner and I best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They do a day long Saturday course and also a 4 week evening one that I think is on Thursdays

They do a day long Saturday course and also a 4 week evening one that I think is on Thursdays

Thanks! I didn't realise that. I think I will try to book the day long Saturday one.
    Or is there any advantage in doing a private one vs the coombe one? Or vice versa.

Yup it's a full day Saturday course instead of the 3/4 evening sessions which also suits myself and my partner. We are booked for a Saturday and it runs from about 10am to 4pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Thanks! I didn't realise that. I think I will try to book the day long Saturday one.
    Or is there any advantage in doing a private one vs the coombe one? Or vice versa.

I haven't done it yet but aside from the money I think as each hospital has slightly different policies about what constitutes active labour, when interventions may be suggested, it could be good to do it in the Coombe as the midwife will obviously know their policy

Thanks angeldelight and allirog.
    I'm with the coombe but all my midwife appointments and scans etc are in one of their other more local centres. The one I'm going to doesn't do weekend antenatal classes...and I never thought of checking with the coombe itself.
    I'll definitely give them a call on Monday as the private class I was looking at is €200. That will buy a lot of nappies in June! :)

€200 :eek: that's crazy money. I think we paid for ours through the hospital last time but only because we wanted evening classes so my husband could come. It was free only if you went during the day. They def weren't €200 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I've decided that as a midwife in the hospital I'm not going to go to the antenatal classes, though I am going to go to the physio class and book into a Gentlebirth Workshop with my husband, to prepare us both for the birth.

Your bump looks great Woshy, I must take a pic myself in the next few days and post it too!

Welcome ninamc, how exciting to have baby number five on the way and a real blessing indeed!

• Advertisement

If I was a midwife I totally wouldn't go to antenatal classes either! I'd love to see a bump pic too. It's so nice to have people around the same stage of pregnancy as me :) Pregnancy yoga etc is not really my thing so I won't be going to any classes really. I did a baby massage class when my little boy was about 7 weeks old and it was lovely - I recommend doing it when your babas are here!

I'm currently trying to remember when the heartburn kicked in last time so I can have the Rennies ready. I think it might have been about 25 weeks or so. I'm prepping myself for it!

I made some really good friends at my breastfeeding support group last time. One of them just texted to say she's expecting her third baby in September. So she'll be off work and we can go out for lunch etc like old times. I'm really excited :)

Advertisement