Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Woshy what a super cute bump im super jealous to you look fantastic.. I cant wait to actually look preg but I cant even seem to gain even 1lb iv been sitting at the same weight for the last few months cannot get over 9st.. I actually get disappointed everytime I get on the scales and it is exactly 9st everytime.. I no that sounds stupid.. 2 ppl who don't know im pregnant actually commented on my weight loss in the one day last week. (thinking it was a compliment of course ha) Anyway ill prob regret saying this in a few weeks ill probably balloon out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Lots of people lose weight in the first trimester! I bet you will get a big bump all of a sudden and you'll wonder where it all came from!

I was very small last time. I got told over and over again how neat I was. Used to drive me mad, sure everyone carries different :) when I was in labour the midwife reckoned the baby would be 6.5lbs but he was 8lbs! Looks can be deceiving :D

My 2 boys were 6.2lbs nd the second was 6.7lbs.. carried small on both pregnancies. this one is more like my first one tho altho twice as tired. saying that my first one was 8 years ago haha being 8 years younger makes a massive diff plus having a 22month old running around ur feet.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I definitely want to do baby massage Woshy, I think it's great. It's funny, I remember my Iraqi granny massaging my younger brother in the 80's, baby massage was just the norm for her!

Really looking forward to the BF support group too, will be heading along at about 30 weeks probably, just to break the ice, make the first postnatal visit easier!

I've had a bit of heartburn threatening in the last week or so, when I've eaten chocolate before bed, it's a great deterrent actually! I'll just stick to the warm milk I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Mind if I join in? :) Im due baby number 2 early June and I'm 18 weeks now and attending the Coombe.

I had an emergency section on my ds (6) so hoping for a vbac this time around if possible!

Hope you are all enjoying your pregnancy! I'm finally seeing the back of hyperemisis, I can eat like a normal person again!

• Advertisement

Had my first prop bit of heartburn today yuk.. didn't suffer from it with my last 2 boys at all bar when in labour with mt last little man got an awful dose of it all of a sudden and didn't suffer at all during the preg which I thought was weird.. on d brighter side im getting kicked mad tonight for the first time also love it.. :)
    Congrats Keane2bamused and welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Oohh what is baby massage? Or is that a reaally stupid question :o

We went into town yesterday and while on Mary street I popped into pennys and got a few bits. A friend was telling me that while she got loads of gifts of clothes she actually got no newborn stuff so I just picked up a gro's and bibs and a blanket.

How's everyone doin?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Morning ladies. Well at 17 weeks and 2 days, I have just put on my first pair of maternity jeans (or fat pants as I'm fondly calling them)! OMG the comfort is superb! I do have a pair of jeans that still just about fit without digging in but they're in the wash. I have a feeling there may be no going back now that I'm enjoying the comfort of the elasticated waistband :)

In other news I've signed up for pregnancy yoga at Durga in Maynooth and start classes on Wednesday evening. Can't wait!

Oh fifa, I've been in mine for what feels like 17 weeks already!!! :D although I've lost weight I've actually expanded out so I've needed my comfy clothes very early!!

I was looking at the yoga alright, I think I'm going to wait another few weeks though, maybe into February before I do anything. Are you living in maynooth? It'll be great to know of some new Mams in the locality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Are the details of the Durga classes wrong or is it really €69 for only 3 or 4 classes? Kinda pricey if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm due in May and living in Maynooth too :)

I'm just up the road in Clane :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Are the details of the Durga classes wrong or is it really €69 for only 3 or 4 classes? Kinda pricey if that's the case.

I think they must be wrong as it's €12 for an inindividual class. I reckon the €69 covers 6 classes but I'm going to email them to double check.

I live in Maynooth too. Nice to know there will be a few of us locally off work at the same time!

Allirog wrote: »
    Oohh what is baby massage? Or is that a reaally stupid question :o

We went into town yesterday and while on Mary street I popped into pennys and got a few bits. A friend was telling me that while she got loads of gifts of clothes she actually got no newborn stuff so I just picked up a gro's and bibs and a blanket.

How's everyone doin?

It's where you learn to massage your baby to help with wind and them to sleep etc and to bond with them. You sing songs and rub oils into them and get to meet other mums - it's nice. I definitely recommend!

I didn't buy any newborn stuff for my little boy. Most newborn stuff is for up to 7.5lbs. He was 8lbs when he was born so I would have got no wear out of them! I started with 0-3 month stuff. I'll just re-use all that this time! I have a feeling this one will be 8lbs plus

I've been pukey again :( was up a good bit last night. I think unlike last time the Hyperemesis is going to rear its ugly head every so often. I wish it would just **** off. Although I'm not stuck in hospital on a drip and can eat again so I should 't complain too much!

Oh I must look into baby massage so, sounds great!!

Yea I just got one pack of newborns, I just want them because it's my first (and if I have my way-my only) so I just wanted that "awe look at the size of them :D

Sorry to hear you've been sick again woshy, you really are having a tough time of it but like you said, least there's no drips and hospital!!!

When is your father in law gone??

Oh I must look into baby massage so, sounds great!!

Yea I just got one pack of newborns, I just want them because it's my first (and if I have my way-my only) so I just wanted that "awe look at the size of them :D

Sorry to hear you've been sick again woshy, you really are having a tough time of it but like you said, least there's no drips and hospital!!!

When is your father in law gone??

Not soon enough! Ah no, it's been very tough but it could have been worse. He leaves on Saturday. My husband has made plans for him all this week so he'll be out of the house and not under my feet!

I love looking at the tiny/early baby clothes. I just can't imagine having a baby that small, especially after having my little chubster :)

Hopefully tomorrow I won't be so nauseous. I've been a but slack taking my tablets so that might be why. I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant though, there should be no nausea anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another Maynooth mother here :) When ye have your babies we should all meet up!

We bought no newborn sized stuff, then my baby was 6lb! Luckily my friend had given us lots, he'd have had nothing otherwise :o He's a month old and only just now becoming too long for the newborn babygros.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

There must be something in the water around Maynooth! :)

Ah woshy, I know exactly what you mean. You'll be happy to get back to normality no doubt though. Does he go back to SA or NZ? Also is it this week you have your anomaly scan?

Lots of us around maynooth alright, we'll be grand for summer time so, nice places to go for walks!! :)

Ah woshy, I know exactly what you mean. You'll be happy to get back to normality no doubt though. Does he go back to SA or NZ? Also is it this week you have your anomaly scan?

Lots of us around maynooth alright, we'll be grand for summer time so, nice places to go for walks!! :)

He's living in South Africa now so not as long a journey!

Anomaly scan is next Wednesday. Eek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Definitely something in the water in maynooth! I'm not from maynooth - or the surrounding area!lol.

Sorry now - I think I may have asked this before but can't remember/find it.

Are all you ladies having anomaly scans done circa 20 weeks? Are ye already booked in for these? I'm booked in for a 20 week appt in mid Feb but was told this was not for a scan. Does OLOL not do anatomy scans?

Definitely something in the water in maynooth! I'm not from maynooth - or the surrounding area!lol.

Are all you ladies having anomaly scans done circa 20 weeks? Are ye already booked in for these? I'm booked in for a 20 week appt in mid Feb but was told this was not for a scan. Does OLOL not do anatomy scans?

I don't think they do, no. I think tfak said they are one if the hospitals that don't do it. Would you pay to get a private one done somewhere?

I have an antenatal appointment tomorrow and then my anomaly scan next Wednesday. I had to book the scan myself separately with the feta, ultrasound unit. I booked it last October! It's completely separate to my normal appointments.

Hi Ladies

Just re the pregnancy yoga at Durga in Maynooth, I have received confirmation from the instructor that you get 8 weeks for 69 euro (there was a mistake with the dates on the website) so not a bad deal at all.

I have my first appointment with the consultant on Thursday and then have the anatomy scan booked for the end of the month at the Coombe. It was booked for me when I registered with the hospital - not something that I had to specifically request. I'll be a day short of 21 weeks having the scan and can't wait to see our little wriggler again! It was going nuts at the 12 week scan and then again at the nuchal fold scan. We definitely have a little performer on our hands!

That reminds me - if you do a baby massage class when your bubs is here lots of health insurance policies will cover it so it's even more worthwhile!n

I'm nervous and excited for my anomaly scan. I just hope all is well with my little baba. It sounds ridiculous to say this and really morbid probably but I'm extra worried because if anything goes wrong I don't think I could go through a pregnancy again, given how bad the hyperemesis was this time. We'd like two (which is good because I ain't going again!).

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Hi blueberry 22
    I worked in OLOL previously in the obstetric department and I'm afraid to say your suspicions are right - they don't do anomaly scans there.
    Like others have said, if it's financially possible for you to do a private one, I'd really recommend that.
    Good luck!

Has anyone ever been to the donore community centre? I'm going there for an ante natal class but no idea where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I think it's on Donore Avenue Allirog, about a ten minute walk from the Coombe.

I have my anomaly scan at the end of the month, definitely something I'm nervous about, have my first midwives clinic appt at 24 weeks then.

Is anyone thinking about having a 3D scan done? Around 18-22 weeks is apparently the best time to do it, one of the docs offered to do one for me but I absolutely detest them. I'm not big into scanning anyway, just the necessary ones are fine - I'm very much into the natural (manual) methods.

I decided that I was going to give myself a proper day off today, have done very little, moved from the bed to the couch. Eventually walked to the supermarket (bought too much heavy stuff) and home again. Cooked a tasty and healthy dinner. Tomorrow I'll do the housework!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

tfak85 our anomaly scan included a few 3D shots, it would've included more of them except we told her we think they're creepy :P So we got 50/50 3D/2D printouts, and she spent very little time looking at it in 3D because she knew we didn't like it as much.

I'm not a fan of 3D scans, I think they are really freaky. They don't look like babies to me, but like a candle that has melted or something! That's just me though, each to their own :) My in-laws were pushing us to get one last time because in South Africa they all do. Maternity care is very different there so I had some odd conversations with them. I kept getting asked if I was going to "go natural" too which to them meant was I going to get a c section or not. I had to keep telling them that I didn't really have a choice and even if I did I'd want to avoid one at all costs! All my husband's female relatives had elective c sections because they wanted to. I think they think I'm a bit earth mothery because I didn't want a c section unless it was 100% necessary :D

Like you tfak, I'm not into getting lots of scans. That's one of the reasons I loved the midwives clinic last time, they just felt your bump and could tell how big baby was and if head was down etc. It was very soothing and felt very personal!

I have really noticed the second trimester burst of energy the last few days. My house is immaculate and dinner is already made for tomorrow. It's fab - such a difference from being bedridden!

• Advertisement

Thanks tfak! :) ps, hope you enjoyed your day off

My anomaly scan is in feb, I'm excited but nervous too!! And hoping we don't accidentally discover the babies sex :) would be the same about the 3D scans, I just think they are horrific. When I need to see babies face properly I will when he comes along!

I have a really weird feeling of emptiness in my body... My nausea is pretty much completely gone and although my body doesn't feel right, I just don't feel pregnant at all. I don't feel like I'm anything, if that makes sense? Can't wait for some movement or something!!

Advertisement