Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I think that's a common enough feeling in the second trimester. You'll be getting kicks and a big belly soon and be feeling really preggers! :) I forget sometimes because I have days where I feel really well but then I get a little kick or something and I suddenly remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

That's really common Allirog, I'm experiencing it myself, no symptoms and no movement, no appointments for weeks and weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Thank god I'm not alone in that feeling :) it doesn't make me feel sad, I just feel like I should be feeling 'something' :D

I emailed my boss today to tell her about upcoming appointments so that's that. I've loads coming up in the next few weeks. Also have annual leave that I need to use up before the end of March so going to take a week off to do a whole heap of nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Were any of you able to book your antenatal classes with the coombe over the phone? If so would any of you have the direct number?
    The main reception desk is trying to insist I post it in but I would rather organise it today over the phone if possible.

Allirog wrote: »
    Thank god I'm not alone in that feeling :) it doesn't make me feel sad, I just feel like I should be feeling 'something' :D

I emailed my boss today to tell her about upcoming appointments so that's that. I've loads coming up in the next few weeks. Also have annual leave that I need to use up before the end of March so going to take a week off to do a whole heap of nothing :)

Sounds lovely! Will be nice to potter about at home :) we're off on holidays on Saturdsy week to Austria. Sadly, pregnant women can't ski but my husband has said he won't ski every day and will do stuff with me and my little boy.

Had my GP appointment this morning. All is well with me and baby. My blood pressure is a bit low but it always is! Heard a nice, strong heartbeat so that's always nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Woshy wrote: »
    Sounds lovely! Will be nice to potter about at home :) we're off on holidays on Saturdsy week to Austria. Sadly, pregnant women can't ski but my husband has said he won't ski every day and will do stuff with me and my little boy.
    Sorry for completely off topic post!! I'm pregnant with our first and we would love to go skiing again but thought it would be off the agenda when we have the baby unless we bring someone to mind him or her during the day. If you were skiing what would you do with your little boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Woshy that's great. I'd love to hear the HB now. I've a scan in 2 weeks & I can't wait. Feeling movement the past few wks but it's quite sporadic still, i haven't felt much today or yesterday evening/night so now i'm panicking.

Lovely having a holiday to look forward too as well. Or a week off to do nothing, i'm so jealous of ye!! Soak it up!

@witty, I rang and booked. I ended up ringing physio which was actually wrong and they gave me the number for parent education. I think their number is 408-5718 :)

@woshy oh skiing will be lovely!! No doubt ye will have a great time anyways :) im so looking forward to just chillin out for a week :) and how cool to hear the baby's heartbeat. I can't wait to hear that too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Finally back online wooo ☺ had a crazy few weeks with work, totally exhausted from it! Business is closed now until March, was freaking out at how we'd manage money wise as we both work there but I couldn't give a fiddlers anymore I'm just glad for the break now!

Bump feels so heavy this last week, I'm very aware of it now. Had a woman ask if I was due in Jan or Feb at work during the week which didn't make me feel any better about it! Starting to get stretch marks pretty bad across my chest now already 😔

Feeling so behind now with everyone organising antenatal classes and all that jazz. Living in clare is so frustrating because it's so hard to get information on if there's anything like that going on anywhere near. Also have to tell the landlord this week about the baba and she told us when we were moving in that she doesn't want kids in her house so we're terrified we're gonna be turfed out but I'd also like to move now if we have to rather than uprooting a small baby to move. So hard to know what to do as we've only just gotten settled. We were about 2 months in the house when we found out and we've kinda buried our heads in the sand about it until now, time to bite the bullet.

So jealous about the holiday woshy, have a great time!

Sorry for completely off topic post!! I'm pregnant with our first and we would love to go skiing again but thought it would be off the agenda when we have the baby unless we bring someone to mind him or her during the day. If you were skiing what would you do with your little boy?

We went skiing with him last year when he was 6 months old. We went with my parents and they minded him some days and then I stayed with him other days. I didn't think there's crèches or anything so I think bringing someone is the easiest thing to do! My parents actually own a place out there so it's a bit easier than staing in a guesthouse or hotel - more like being at home. My Dad will with us this time, and some family friends.

Even without skiing it's nice because snow is exciting for them :) there's thermal baths and stuff too which I think he'll. enjoy this time.

We'll be getting him and this baba on skis as soon as we can!

• Advertisement

Boo2112 wrote: »
    Finally back online wooo ☺ had a crazy few weeks with work, totally exhausted from it! Business is closed now until March, was freaking out at how we'd manage money wise as we both work there but I couldn't give a fiddlers anymore I'm just glad for the break now!

Bump feels so heavy this last week, I'm very aware of it now. Had a woman ask if I was due in Jan or Feb at work during the week which didn't make me feel any better about it! Starting to get stretch marks pretty bad across my chest now already 😔

Feeling so behind now with everyone organising antenatal classes and all that jazz. Living in clare is so frustrating because it's so hard to get information on if there's anything like that going on anywhere near. Also have to tell the landlord this week about the baba and she told us when we were moving in that she doesn't want kids in her house so we're terrified we're gonna be turfed out but I'd also like to move now if we have to rather than uprooting a small baby to move. So hard to know what to do as we've only just gotten settled. We were about 2 months in the house when we found out and we've kinda buried our heads in the sand about it until now, time to bite the bullet.

So jealous about the holiday woshy, have a great time!

are you on a fixed term lease? If so, there's nothing she can do! Is the place suitable for a baby or would you like to move anyway? We were in an apartment when my first was born and it's grand until they're about 18 months or so. You don't need much space for them really!

We've our own house now which is nice with a second one coming along. I'm trying to organise building work to be done in plenty of time before baba arrives. I'm feeling very grown up these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Woshy wrote: »
    are you on a fixed term lease? If so, there's nothing she can do! Is the place suitable for a baby or would you like to move anyway? We were in an apartment when my first was born and it's grand until they're about 18 months or so. You don't need much space for them really!

We've our own house now which is nice with a second one coming along. I'm trying to organise building work to be done in plenty of time before baba arrives. I'm feeling very grown up these days :D

I have no idea, it was just a year's lease and we signed in Sept and she rang the other day to ask if she could change the date to Jan because she forgot to register with the tenancy board and we said no totally forgetting that it would have given us 4 extra months in the house after the baby was born but now I'm glad as I'd hate moving so close to Christmas! We absolutely love the house and it took us months to find it so it's the thought of going through all of that again is horrible!

Would love to own my own, must be so exciting getting to decorate a nursery, really feel like we're missing out on that one! I reckon she'll let us stay until the baby is like a year old but would ye recommend moving pregnant or with a small child?

Boo2112 wrote: »
    I have no idea, it was just a year's lease and we signed in Sept and she rang the other day to ask if she could change the date to Jan because she forgot to register with the tenancy board and we said no totally forgetting that it would have given us 4 extra months in the house after the baby was born but now I'm glad as I'd hate moving so close to Christmas! We absolutely love the house and it took us months to find it so it's the thought of going through all of that again is horrible!

Would love to own my own, must be so exciting getting to decorate a nursery, really feel like we're missing out on that one! I reckon she'll let us stay until the baby is like a year old but would ye recommend moving pregnant or with a small child?

I'd say it's a much for muchness kind of situation. If you're pregnant you won't be able to do much but if you do it with a small baby you'll have loads more stuff (the amount of crap you accumulate is amazing!). Maybe if you're good tenants your landlord won't mind you having a baby for a couple of years. It's not like having 3 kids where they can wreck furniture or draw on walls. If you talk to her she might be ok with it.

If I had to move Personally I'd want to be in a new place before the baby came but that's just me - I'd want a chance to move and get all the baba stuff set up and properly nest! moving is a pain in the bum no matter when you do it though :) we moved last June when our baba was a year old and it wasn't too bad. So if you did move after a year or two that wouldn't be too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

We have to tell our landlords about the upcoming too, I was chatting to one of them a couple of weeks ago but "forgot" to mention it.

I think they'll be fine with it as we've been in the house for four years now, it needs some work done, which they've offered to do in April, we are terrified they will want to hike up the rent so are going to offer extra in return for a few extra bits - like them taking away the bed in the spare room etc.

Boo I'm sure your landlord would be fine with a baby, I think most are afraid something would happen to a child and that you may approach them with blame.

It's so nice to have time off to look forward to, I've loads of holidays carried over from last year so have booked annual leave days most weeks over the next six weeks. Going to take a full week or so in early March to go to London for a few days too, for my 30th, we tend to get to London a couple of times a year and I was there in Oct but I have a feeling that once this lentil arrives those trips will become fewer and farther between!

A week in London sounds lovely, a nice little break with some nice eating and shopping :)

My husband is presenting at a conference in Lisbon in March and is trying to get me to go with him for a long weekend. I've to see will the mammy mind my little monster, it'd be too much work to bring him. I must say I like the idea of a last weekend away together before we become a family of four and get thrown back into sleepless nights and having a young baby that's so dependent on you again. It gets so much easier when they're toddlers and can just eat what you eat etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Gosh i'm so jealous of all this talk of holidays and annual leave. I'm trying to keep all my AL to add on to the end of my maternity leave next year. I just hope baby doesn't come early so that at least i'll have a week or two off in late May before the big arrival although by then i'll probably just be praying for baby to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

@witty, I rang and booked. I ended up ringing physio which was actually wrong and they gave me the number for parent education. I think their number is 408-5718 :)

Thanks a million! I will give them a call tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

When I was expecting my first boy(7) we moved about 3-4 weeks before I had him. As I felt fine myself it wasn't that stressful, I moved into my present house about 4 months ago and my little boy was 19months and it was a little harder as we had so much between toys cots clothes and everything else.. Unfortunately this house is not suitable seemed lovely with loads of space but it is freezing here and so much hidden things that are only half working like the heating. Def want to have moved and settled somewhere nice before this baba graces his/her presence :)

Oh god fair play to anyone who has to move during pregnancy. I am so exhausted I couldn't even consider it. Thankfully we're very lucky we own our place.

Girls I'm so exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to get through a full week in work.

Oh god fair play to anyone who has to move during pregnancy. I am so exhausted I couldn't even consider it. Thankfully we're very lucky we own our place.

Girls I'm so exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to get through a full week in work.

Any chance you could have a sick day? Pregnancy tiredness is a kind of sickness!

• Advertisement

Has anyone decided on names? We have a boys and girls shortlist. Once we know the sex we'll discuss it again! With my little boy we had three names picked and then decided which one suited him the best when we met him so I think we'll do that again.

We're finding boys names tough this time around though.

I could but I'd feel bad. Plus we're down a staff member and another is retiring in a few weeks. Just a nightmare at the moment.

How are you feeling woshy?

I could but I'd feel bad. Plus we're down a staff member and another is retiring in a few weeks. Just a nightmare at the moment.

How are you feeling woshy?

I'm not too bad the last couple of days actually! I'm glad I'm not working though, it's tough when you're pregnant. I feel for you! I gave up work when I was 23 weeks pregnant last time because I was struggling recovering from hyperemesis and had a very long commute. It made life a lot easier.

I know I have a toddler to look after which is sort of a job but it's on my own terms. If I feel like crap and want a pyjama day watching TV we have one - it does mean watching a lot of Peppa Pig though :D

Yea I must admit it is tough, I'm finding by lunch time I'm good for nothing. But even if I had one day a week off. I know it's not possible though.

Id happily watch peppa if I got to chill on the sofa for the day but I know it's not that simple when you have a toddler.

Although I'm looking forward to my mat leave, I'm not one bit excited about the sleep deprivation

I'm not going to lie, it s very tough and nothing can prepare you for it, but it ends and you get back to a sort of normality. And then it becomes just a memory! I'd say it took about 8 months for me to get enough sleep to feel Normal again. My baba was very bad at the beginning though, you could get lucky and get a good baby!

My husband just felt his first kick - baby is going mad in here the last twenty minutes!

I'm seriously hoping and praying for a baby that is good and helps his mammy too :) not banking on it though :D

Awe that's fab!! Bet he's delighted!! :) my oh is forever talking to the baby but I still have no movement yet so we've another few weeks to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I thought being able to feel the baby was the coolest thing ever but it was actually seeing my husbands face when he felt him/her - so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My husband finally felt one of th huge lurching movements last night. He said it made his stomach lurch and he felt so bad for me having to feel such huge movements inside, I was like "see I told you it's weird!" :D

Allirog, I'm also hoping for an angel baby this time. It was the only way I could persuade myself to go again! I think I learned a lot from last time though and I'm hoping that will help. Any friends with two babies have said they were wiser about things second time round!

It is amazing when they can feel it too! My husband talked so much to my bump last time but this time he's not as fussed - he has a daddy's boy there to play with instead! That's why it was nice for him to feel something tonight, a bit of new baba excitement for him.

• Advertisement

My husband finally felt one of th huge lurching movements last night. He said it made his stomach lurch and he felt so bad for me having to feel such huge movements inside, I was like "see I told you it's weird!" :D

Wait until nearer the end when you get alien baby belly and he'll be able to see the baby rippling and moving under your skin. It is the weirdest thing ever!

Advertisement