Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Going from my first to second was easy as my first boy was 5 when the next arrived and he's such a good child never had a bother with him. Its gas my second boy is mad into everything and so funny however he's a fantastic sleeper eater etc. Its mad how diff their personalities are yet they look so alike..

My older boy is 7 now and still haven't told him about my preg will be telling him this weekend and im very nervous. When I was preg on our second boy my husband decided to leave and that was that we separated it was very hard being preg but life moves on.. We have both met new ppl and are happy. I only live 5 min away from him now so my oldest boy goes between us during the week ( its what he's most comfortable and happy with and we want whats best for him..) however telling him that he is going to have a new little brother/sis that's not with daddy is going to be hard.. He is such a softie and totally adores he's daddy which I love... Not worried about my younger boy as he is with my new partner everyday and is so young..
    sorry for the long post but just wondering has any one been in the same situation would love some advice or to hear how they took it..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well, I'm 19 weeks today, have a hospital appointment next week, all going we'll not really showing at all and not feeling too much movement, just the odd flutter, hopefully because it's my first this is normal and I'll get more movement in the next few weeks, tried booking antenatal classes today but the are all booked out... I'm going to CUMH, so mad at myself I left it too late, had been meaning to do it but I kept forgetting, anyone going to CUMH or has in the past know if there is a big difference between the hospital classes and private classes, will I be missing much if I go for classes outside the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well. 19 weeks here too, and movement is getting a lot more regular and starting to feel like definite movements rather than flutters. Heartburn is well and truly making itself at home, the bane of my life at the moment. Also for my previous pregnancies I had weird cravings for crushed ice, and that has returned witb a bang. Have my husband driven demented buying bags of ice and crushing them with a hammer :) I'm also still working out 3 times a week or so, but started to get a few looks in the gym now and a few "helpful" comments that are driving me nuts. I've read everything I can on the subject and am happy to continue as long as I'm comfortable. I lift weights, and have scaled back massively. Anybody else continuing on with their exercise program?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

[quote="Allirog;937222[
    As for names, we've a few boys names that we are set on. One in particular that I really love, and I've one girls name I'm dead set on too but we need to add to the girls list! Although I'm convinced it's a boy! [/quote]

Sorry but you are having a girl!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

ninamc wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well. 19 weeks here too, and movement is getting a lot more regular and starting to feel like definite movements rather than flutters. Heartburn is well and truly making itself at home, the bane of my life at the moment. Also for my previous pregnancies I had weird cravings for crushed ice, and that has returned witb a bang. Have my husband driven demented buying bags of ice and crushing them with a hammer :) I'm also still working out 3 times a week or so, but started to get a few looks in the gym now and a few "helpful" comments that are driving me nuts. I've read everything I can on the subject and am happy to continue as long as I'm comfortable. I lift weights, and have scaled back massively. Anybody else continuing on with their exercise program?

Love the bump! When my heartburn got bad last time I ate rice pudding. It works wonders!
    Anything I have ever read or heard is that as long as it was exercise you were doing before it's grand. Can't believe people have said stuff to you!
    John Mason wrote: »

Ladies we have an intruder! IS Allirog's fiancé on the lose? :D

Now I think you're having a boy!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am not Mr. Allirog. The cheek ;-p

I actually know you and you know me from the good old days in the bar !!

I am not Mr. Allirog. The cheek ;-p

I actually know you and you know me from the good old days in the bar !!

Ha - I thought it might be you. That was my second guess! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Hahahaha yiz are gas!!! :D

John I don't know why I'm convinced it's a boy, from the moment I found out I just had this feeling and everything brings me to think it's a boy!! A girl would be awesome though :D

Woshy it really is a small world isn't it :D

Allirog wrote: »
    Hahahaha yiz are gas!!! :D

John I don't know why I'm convinced it's a boy, from the moment I found out I just had this feeling and everything brings me to think it's a boy!! A girl would be awesome though :D

Woshy it really is a small world isn't it :D

It is :)

I was convinced my little boy was a girl until my scan - absolutely convinced. I know now my intuition is worth nothing. For the record I think this one is another boy now. We'll see what they say next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Lovely bump ninamc! I must post a pic of my own, took one yesterday.

You should be absolutely fine to continue with your current exercise regime, tell those helpful so and so's to mind their own business - aint nobody got time for that!

Still no movement on my front (no pun intended) but I'm not bothered, I'm just 17+2 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Good morning ladies (and gent!)

I'm 18 weeks today - haven't felt any definite movements although I have had a couple of moments in the last few days when i thought "ooh was that baby or was that wind?"!

I'm going public with the Coombe and had my first midwife appointment yesterday. Being public means I can access the satellite clinics so my appointment was in Lucan. I have to say it was really great! No waiting around, called in right on the button of my appointment time and all over and done with in 20 minutes. Popped into Liffey Valley afterwards and treated myself to some maternity clothes. My little bump has popped out in the last week so I'm getting used to my little Buddha belly! Everything is going well so far and baby managed to stay still long enough for the midwife to get a heartbeat reading (150bpm). I have my anatomy scan at the end of this month and can't wait to see baby again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

ninamc wrote: »

I'm still running, albeit slowly, usually it's dark so i'm not getting any funny looks yet, the girls i run with hadn't even noticed til i told them this week and i'm 19wks on 3rd with a huge bump, they were laughing when i told them, they couldn't believe they hadn't noticed the size of me :D

I always found Gaviscon worked for heartburn, i only get it at night when i lie down, lying on my left side helps a little but i keep gaviscon by the bedside as well if it gets bad and keeps me awake.

The satellite clinics are great, aren't they? I'm going to Loughlindtown which is very handy for me and my parents (so they can watch my little boy!). Although I have to go into Holles st next week twice, for my scan and to see the dietician so even with the satellite clinic I'll have been in there loads over the last few months.

I'm 20 weeks today - half-way there. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Woshy wrote: »

I'm 20 weeks today - half-way there. Yay!

Congrats on reaching the halfway mark :) I'm just a couple of days behind. Looking forward to reaching that milestone. :)

I'm feeling a little hard done by that by being 18 weeks isn't classed as being half way there. Damn them and their lies about a 9 month pregnancy!!! :D

I had a great sleep last night, my new body pillow is an absolute God send!! Doesn't help my bladder but helps me stay comfy :D (even my dog loves it!!)

I'm at work and feeling a little sleep though!! Luckily enough I have a colleague who is constantly moaning and giving out so I'm being kept alert!! :rolleyes:

Allirog wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little hard done by that by being 18 weeks isn't classed as being half way there. Damn them and their lies about a 9 month pregnancy!!! :D

I had a great sleep last night, my new body pillow is an absolute God send!! Doesn't help my bladder but helps me stay comfy :D (even my dog loves it!!)

I'm at work and feeling a little sleep though!! Luckily enough I have a colleague who is constantly moaning and giving out so I'm being kept alert!! :rolleyes:

I'm 19wks so celebrating the fact that i'm half-way til when i'll be finishing work for mat leave. I'm so desperate to finish that yesterday i found myself going through the calendar counting all the full 5 days week i've left to work (13) :p

Glad your pillow helped. I'm still pretty comfy i must say, i go to the loo twice usually alright but i think i nearly do that in my sleep now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

You're right! It's defo a girl!! Totally The vibe I'm getting.

Rav (Mr. Allirog)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

ariana` wrote: »
    I'm 19wks so celebrating the fact that i'm half-way til when i'll be finishing work for mat leave. I'm so desperate to finish that yesterday i found myself going through the calendar counting all the full 5 days week i've left to work (13) :p

I was doing something similar in work yesterday :) I was adding up the no. of weeks until maternity leave.
    I might copy you today though and work out how many of those are actually going to be full 5 day weeks :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I was doing something similar in work yesterday :) I was adding up the no. of weeks until maternity leave.
    I might copy you today though and work out how many of those are actually going to be full 5 day weeks :)

Glad i'm not the only saddo :D

I remember doing that with my mat leave last time. I counted all the days and subtracted public holidays from them and stuff. Then I gave up work at 23 weeks anyway!

It is nice to be half-way and I agree the 9 month thing is a lie! I keep saying to myself if I go early like I did last time I'm more than half way. I think that's probably dangerous thinking though!

We'll all be over the half-way mark soon. Isn't that mad?!

• Advertisement

WittyName1 wrote: »

I got really excited the other day when I realised that if I want to I can take all my annual leave for this year BEFORE I start mat leave in early June! Unlikely that I'll take it all, for jan and Feb it's going to be a day every second week then taking two full weeks end of Feb/start of March, might take another week in April and May!

Going to try and carry over three weeks to take at the end of the mat leave, carry me into the new year! All going to plan, that is.

tfak85 wrote: »
    I got really excited the other day when I realised that if I want to I can take all my annual leave for this year BEFORE I start mat leave in early June! Unlikely that I'll take it all, for jan and Feb it's going to be a day every second week then taking two full weeks end of Feb/start of March, might take another week in April and May!

Going to try and carry over three weeks to take at the end of the mat leave, carry me into the new year! All going to plan, that is.

I've half of my AL for the whole year accounted for already just Jan - May but it's great to be able cover all the school holidays for a change. It means my husband can keep his so he'll have more to take when i'm at home with the kids & the new baby, it's a win win for me :) And i should still be able to carry over some few days.

It'd be great to get until after new year off before going back to work tfak - nice long time with your baba.

My hubby is hoping to take three weeks off when the baby is born - well he's hoping to take 2 weeks AL but work half days from home the second and third week. It'll be nice to have him there as long as possible. It's crap there's no legal paternity leave - he got 3 days last time but his company this time don't offer any at all (scabs!) so it will all be AL. I'm very nervous about how being at home by myself with a toddler and a newborn will be!

I'm hoping that I'll finish up as normal St the end of May and not go back then until February of March. It'd be lovely. And same for my partner he doesn't get parental leave which is just shocking so hopefully he will get to take a few weeks annual leave.

We are lucky that my husbands company give two weeks paid paternal leave, so he'll still have his annual leave to take at a later date.

I think two weeks should be a legal requirement, I think the support for women would be great and the country may even see breastfeeding rates increase with it - just my opinion!

tfak85 wrote: »
    I think two weeks should be a legal requirement, I think the support for women would be great and the country may even see breastfeeding rates increase with it - just my opinion!

I agree completely! I think breastfeeding with a demanding toddler around will be interesting to say the least. Hopefully if I have my husband for three weeks feeding will be well established by then and past the painful stage and my little boy will be used to me doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I'm very lucky in that I'll be taking 10 months off work, but hubby is a contractor so if he doesn't work then he doesn't get paid. Hopefully he'll be able to take a week or two off as this is our first baby and I'll definitely need help!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    I'm very lucky in that I'll be taking 10 months off work, but hubby is a contractor so if he doesn't work then he doesn't get paid. Hopefully he'll be able to take a week or two off as this is our first baby and I'll definitely need help!

Hopefully he will - he'll probably really want to be there too to help out and to stare in amazement at the baby's tiny little toes and fingers. My husband was mesmerised by my little boy at first (still is actually!)

I can't wait to see my partners reaction to the baby. We opened a pack of newborn bests and they're just so tiny the two of us were like uh oh tiny person is going to be tiny :D but he's unbelievably excited, which I just love :)

I'm so glad it's the weekend. That was a very tough week in work so I'm glad for the chill out time!!

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking to get anything handy in the sales Tommee Tippee Closer to nature bottles are half-price in Mothercare at the moment. €17.49 reduced from €34.99 for a set of 6. I use them for my little boy and they're good. I bought a new set today so the baba will have fresh ones. I have to tommee Tippee breast pump which I found good for a more affordable pump (i didn't use it a lot) so it will all fit together.

Advertisement