Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

We are hoping my other half can take two to three weeks off once baba comes along - he works shift work so unsure how much AL he'll actually have to take (may just work more before/after to swop days with colleagues) I'm the main breadwinner so unsure how much time I can take off. I started a new job in Aug so won't be fully paid but we have done a deal to get me something so we'll see how it goes - will take the 6 months anyway but would hate to go back in Dec so I'd say the aim will be head back at this time next year.... all going well we might be able to swing another month or two unpaid.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

If you could get an extra unpaid month or two and manage it'd be great Blueberry. Being off until after Xmas would be a lovely length of time to be at home :)

We did ok going down to one salary, you just learn to manage and make changes. Obviously you have a lot less disposable income but we do ok. We think it's worth it for me to be at home with the kids and I know I'm lucky to have the choice! I'm hoping to go back to work in a few years anyway, it's one of the reasons we had the two kids not too far apart.

Earlier on my little boy was playing a game on my iPad, one that makes animal noises. He had it resting on my belly and the baby was kicking loads. I'm convinced it was their first time playing together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My husband is self employed like myself, so he can't really take any time off per se. He'll go in and open up and close up, cover his employee's lunch if needed, but it's very nearby so should be ok. I'm going back to work after 3 months, but I work from home except for the odd time I have to travel to Dublin for a meeting etc so it should be ok....hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was mid career change when found out I was pregnant so have stayed with my old one - I'll be able to go back to work after the 6 months one weekday and one Saturday a week so will only need childcare one day a week and possibly one or two half days here and there as extras so will try and find a flexible childminder I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I'm hoping to be back to work in the feb so I'll have about 8 months off, fingers crossed!

Had a great sleep last night. Went to bed about midnight and didn't wake till 6.30 and back to sleep till 8.30! Haven't had a sleep like that in yonkers!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I slept great today too! Usually on nights I'm awake around 4pm, today I slept from 9- half two, got up and had a slice of toast and then snoozed until I was woken at 17.45!
    The last two nights have been fairly busy, hopefully tonight will be nice.

Cedric - my body pillow, has gone missing since we moved house. I'm getting so uncomfortable and I'm bitter about buying another one! Nice to hear some of you are having good sleeps. My boy had me up for hours last night as he's teething. Ugh :(

I've been feeling really ill this evening, pukey and horrible. It's very acidic though so I think it's the dreaded heartburn starting to make it's presence known. Plus I've reduced my hyperemesis meds. I just ate some porridge which helped. Last time I used to make and eat loads of rice pudding - so soothing!

We're trying to decide on what to do for a buggy - ours converts to a double but I'm not mad on the little seat at the back my little boy would be in. I guess he might not be in it too much because he'll be two and loves to run around. It's just hard to know and I know from last time that half the time you buy things and then never actually need them!

I was thinking of getting that private Facebook group set up if anyone is interested. Maybe we can do a meet-up in Dublin in a couple if weeks then. Pm me if you are interested and I can set it up and add you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Woshy, I have two long body pillows going spare, gifts that I never used! If you'd like to collect one from the North Kildare area let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Maybe you shouldn't reduce the meds just yet Woshy, you may still need them. I imagine the tiredness is what has you so pukey today, you poor thing. I've met a few women addicted to rice pudding!

I'd be well up for a meet up soon!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Woshy, I have two long body pillows going spare, gifts that I never used! If you'd like to collect one from the North Kildare area let me know!

Aww, thanks. I'm in North Wicklow though so prob a bit far.
    tfak85 wrote: »
    Maybe you shouldn't reduce the meds just yet Woshy, you may still need them. I imagine the tiredness is what has you so pukey today, you poor thing. I've met a few women addicted to rice pudding!

I'd be well up for a meet up soon!

It's totally the tiredness, it's always worse if I haven't slept as much. He's cried a few times since he went to bed so I think he might be up tonight too. I'd got spoiled with him sleeping 12 hours every night! I have a dietician appointment on Thursday so will discuss the meds with her. One of the problems is they are unlicensed so not covered by the drug payment scheme and they're costing us a fortune!

Now I really want rice pudding!

A meet-up will be fun. Hopefully a few of us will be interested and we can arrange something in private, either by Facebook group or pm (just to be safe!)

• Advertisement

Woshy wrote: »
    Aww, thanks. I'm in North Wicklow though so prob a bit far.

It's totally the tiredness, it's always worse if I haven't slept as much. He's cried a few times since he went to bed so I think he might be up tonight too. I'd got spoiled with him sleeping 12 hours every night! I have a dietician appointment on Thursday so will discuss the meds with her. One of the problems is they are unlicensed so not covered by the drug payment scheme and they're costing us a fortune!

Now I really want rice pudding!

A meet-up will be fun. Hopefully a few of us will be interested and we can arrange something in private, either by Facebook group or pm (just to be safe!)

Do you know did your pharmacy check that with the HSE? Some unlicensed drugs are allowed on a concessional case by case basis

Do you know did your pharmacy check that with the HSE? Some unlicensed drugs are allowed on a concessional case by case basis

They checked with someone for me - I can only presume it was the HSE, I was a bit out of it at the time with all the puking! They came back to me to say it wouldn't be covered :(

Woshy I hope you get a new cedric :)

And Id be up for meeting up to! :)

I'm due in May but would love to meet some more mammies definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yeah angeldelight there isn't a very big group in the due in May thread at all is there?? I'm generally too far from all the Dublin/Kildare based people for a meet up, hoping to meet some at local breastfeeding group and a babywearing one, even though that one isn't very close to me at all either, about an hour away.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Message for all the Maynooth mums-to-be.....
    I'm relatively new to the area and the GP I am currently registered with is close to my work in the city centre. Would any of the Maynooth mums-to-be have any recommendations for local GPs? I'm keen to get registered with a practice close to home as there is no way I will be trekking into town once I go on maternity leave.
    Thanks so much!

Yep the May bunch are a quiet one :)

I'm registered with Dr O'Sullivan, the female doctor in Dr Cowhey's practice but I don't know if they're taking new patients. I know a few people who attend Primacare and are happy enough with them but you wouldn't be guaranteed to see the same doctor every time

I'm not in maynooth, I'm in Clane but I go to Oaktree clinic in Celbridge as the doctors and nurses there are brilliant!!

Oh there's loads of us around! It'll be great to have this support network outside of the Internet!! :)

Spotty bananas - I made some really good friends from my breastfeeding support group - I'm meeting them all for dinner this week for a mamas night out. It was a great resource.

We'd love to have some May mamas at a meet-up. I'm actually due the 29th May but as that was pretty much June I thought I'd start a June thread instead :).

Last night I picked my little boy out of his cot as he was crying and I felt an awful painful pulling over my bump and back. It's been sore all day and the baba has been very quiet. Thankfully he has woken up and is kicking but I was worried. I told my husband he'd have to lift him out from now on if the baba wasn't standing up and ready to be lifted. Thankfully I have my big scan tomorrow so will hopefully see a healthy baba!

Must be so hard to be pregnant and have another little one to look after! Enjoy the scan tomorrow, I loved seeing the detail in our big scan!

• Advertisement

I'm a bit nervous about it tbh, I feel like we used up all our luck on having a perfectly healthy little boy last time. I'll be happy to hear that everything looks ok!

Woshy I know it's easy for us to say, but please try not worry. Everything will be great tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear about it!!! I've been a basket case of worry and paranoia this last few days so I can't wait for my scan which isn't until feb 6th! Which seems like ages away now

It'll fly in! I don't remember being nervous at all last time so not sure why I am now. I'm trying to focus on the excitement of finding out the sex :) I'll be posting here when I find out!

Exciting!!! :) are you ready with names or will you wait till after the scan?

Allirog wrote: »
    Exciting!!! :) are you ready with names or will you wait till after the scan?

We have a shortlist for boys and girls names - then we'll decide which one is best when we meet him or her. That's what we did with my little boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

O best of luck tomorrow woshy and try not to worry I av 2 of the healtiest boys ever second one was even healthier and easier in a lot of ways.. please mind urself when lifting your little man. im getting my oh to carry my 2 yr old the stairs every night as I find it so uncomfortable to carry him, I get half way up and have to stop and im barely showing ha. Although bump has finally decided to make an appearance over the last week or 2...
    Bet your all excited about your scan cant wait to hear if its a little boy or girl. it will be a very special moment for ye :)

Best of luck today woshy. Will be thinking of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

G'luck today Woshy, how exciting finding out the gender! I have mine next week, can't wait now but nervous too. We've decided not to find otu the gender even though earlier in the pregnancy we had decided we would this time but we've since changed our minds. We didn't on the other 2 so we'll do the same again.

Thanks - will be nice to see the baba! I'll report in afterwards :D

Only thing is to celebrate my anomaly scan I've been puking all morning. Almost 21 weeks pregnant and it's still ongoing. Hopefully it will ease soon, I can't face getting sick in that hospital again, I've done my fair share of puking in there over the last 4 months!

You're dead right missymad getting your husband to lift your two year old, I've really noticed it getting much harder my little boy up. I need to be more careful!

• Advertisement

ariana` wrote: »
    G'luck today Woshy, how exciting finding out the gender! I have mine next week, can't wait now but nervous too. We've decided not to find otu the gender even though earlier in the pregnancy we had decided we would this time but we've since changed our minds. We didn't on the other 2 so we'll do the same again.

Ah, it makes sense if you didn't find out before to keep it a secret this time! We found out last time and were really glad we did so we knew straight away we would this time too. Hopefully they'll be able to see the bits ok! Last time we could see for ourselves it was a little boy - massive balls and a little willy on the screen :D

Advertisement