Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Missymad would your 2yr old not walk up and down the stairs? I lift my lad in/out of the cot but i get him to stand up before i lift him out and once he's out he walks (i take the sleeping bag off while he's in the cot).

Woshy i have 2 boys and i never saw any boy bits on any of their scans. Though a friend of mine did drop hints that my 1st was a boy when she saw the scan picture, i must be blind, i do well to make out the major body parts- head, arms & legs :D I must look back at their pics more closely now after the fact to see if i can see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

It would be interesting to see if you can spot anything - you can get your scan pics next week and compare and see if you can guess the so of this baba!

One of the (few) benefits of hyperemesis is the weight you lose makes your scans very clear. We could see him so clearly last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

A part of me would love to know but a part of me is afraed that i'll regret it if we find out. We didn't on the others and i liked the not knowing on the day, it added to the excitement even i remember driving to the hospital (live an hour away) and we were still speculating boy/girl (when i wasn't roaring at the other cars on the road and my husband to get a move on).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Best of luck today Woshy!

I went back to dance class for the first time in almost three months last night and had done a load of sit ups and ab exercises before I thought about it then really regretted it, not in much pain but knowing you're not "supposed" to do ab work made me feel really guilty! It was so great to be back at class again, feel normal now, have booked every Tuesday off work for the next eight weeks so I can finish out this term!

Had my scan - it was amazing to see little baba moving around. Everything is ok as far as the midwife could tell and she's 99% sure I'm having a little girl. We are over the moon! I can't stop smiling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Congratulations Woshy!! I have 2 weeks to go until the anatomy scan and can't wait to see the bub again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Wonderful news! Explains why you're still so sick too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's brilliant news Woshy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

tfak85 wrote: »
    Wonderful news! Explains why you're still so sick too!

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Aaahhhhh woshy!!! :D:D I'm delighted for you. I'm so happy your mind is as ease and I'm so happy your getting a little girl!! It's going to be fantastic!! :) roll on 3 weeks till my scan, even more excited now!! :)

• Advertisement

Why?

There's a theory that women who suffer from hyperemesis have it for longer with girls... It's why all the magazines are predicting Kate Middleton will have a girl, she was sucker for longer!

There's a theory that women who suffer from hyperemesis have it for longer with girls... It's why all the magazines are predicting Kate Middleton will have a girl, she was sucker for longer!

Hmm, sounds like another old wives tale to me!

Course it sounds like an old wives tale, but a bit of craic all the same :D

I've had virtually no heartburn so reckon I'm gonna have a baldy baby :D

It's actually not an old wives tale - statistically you are more likely to have hyperemesis or worse hyperemesis if it is a girl. 55% of women with hyperemesis have girls apparently. It actually says it in the literature they give you about hyperemesis, that you are more likely to have it if you are expecting a girl. It's something to do with extra female hormones or something. That's why this time so many people (including a few midwives in Holles St) were betting a girl. I was just so much sicker this time. All the women in my family suffer from hyperemesis and were all worse when having a girl!

On the way home from the hospital we popped into the shops and I saw a little pink vest in mothercare that says little sister for €3. I had to get it and now I can't stop looking at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Woshy wrote: »

On the way home from the hospital we popped into the shops and I saw a little pink vest in mothercare that says little sister for €3. I had to get it and now I can't stop looking at it!

Huge congrats Woshy :)
    My scan is next week and I'm dying to know the gender :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I had none the last time and had a baldy baby. I have a good bit of heartburn already this time! Both our families tend towards the bald babies though.

Love the old wives tales. They're a bit of craic! You have 50:50 chance of being right anyway! All of them bar the morning sickness ones had people predicting a boy for me and I had girl. You'd have to wonder where they come from. The Americans tend have even madder ones than us. Google the baking soda gender prediction one. I've never tried it :D

55% of women with it have girls...not much over the 50/50 odds though is it?? I can't stand old wives tales and all that, I just don't see the point/entertainment in them. Gas listening to my family go on about how they "definitely know" what sex I'm having based on my shape, my symptoms, blah blah blah, and they are all 100% wrong! :pac: Lots of nodding and "oh really" from us :p

Well, a medical condition like hyperemesis is hardly the same as the shape of your bump, is it? I don't believe in old wives tales either, as I said, information on hyperemesis will tell you it's more severe if you are having a girl. It doesn't come from nowhere.

Witty name - dying to hear what you're having, you'll have to let us know!

I'm glad there's a few of us that can knock a bit of craic out of the old wives tales so :D so far I'm loving them :D I've hardly any heartburn so it's either a baldy or a boy.... :D:D

Woshy interesting statistics!! Never knew that! Awe Id say the little vest is only adorable!! I'm dying to get something with something along the lines of 'I love my daddy' on it for my partner, I just think they're adorable!!

We're starting to get our small room sorted. I have a shelving unit I used for shoes so I dumped the shoes in the bin and we painted the unit a lovely pale green. It looks fab!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    I had none the last time and had a baldy baby. I have a good bit of heartburn already this time! Both our families tend towards the bald babies though.

Love the old wives tales. They're a bit of craic! You have 50:50 chance of being right anyway! All of them bar the morning sickness ones had people predicting a boy for me and I had girl. You'd have to wonder where they come from. The Americans tend have even madder ones than us. Google the baking soda gender prediction one. I've never tried it :D

My friend swears by that test and kept telling me to do it. I avoided it so far and think I'll continue to do so!

Allirog wrote: »
    I'm glad there's a few of us that can knock a bit of craic out of the old wives tales so :D so far I'm loving them :D I've hardly any heartburn so it's either a baldy or a boy.... :D:D

Woshy interesting statistics!! Never knew that! Awe Id say the little vest is only adorable!! I'm dying to get something with something along the lines of 'I love my daddy' on it for my partner, I just think they're adorable!!

We're starting to get our small room sorted. I have a shelving unit I used for shoes so I dumped the shoes in the bin and we painted the unit a lovely pale green. It looks fab!

Sounds lovely! I had terrible heartburn last time and my little boy was ridiculously hairy. Like he had hair on his arms and back that had a parting it was so thick and a massive head of hair. Just coincidence but everybody did ask when he was born if I'd had bad heartburn. I think the fact his daddy is not white and of a hairier race probably had more to do with it!

I reckon I'll get hit suddenly with heartburn and it'll last till the end. I'm convinced I'm having a boy but others have commented a girl. Sure we'll know in June :D and your boy is just gorgeous. He's got a really beautiful face and he's just a dote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Woshy wrote: »

Witty name - dying to hear what you're having, you'll have to let us know!

Oh I definitely will let you know.
    I don't mean to make anyone feel bad (or envious!) but I didn't have any morning sickness at all. My only real symptom was tiredness in the first trimester. Do any old wives tales take that to mean I'm having a boy or a girl?? :)

Allirog wrote: »
    I reckon I'll get hit suddenly with heartburn and it'll last till the end. I'm convinced I'm having a boy but others have commented a girl. Sure we'll know in June :D and your boy is just gorgeous. He's got a really beautiful face and he's just a dote!!

He is - although I am biased! It's funny, everything we bring him for a haircut they ask us is it his first time. He had his first haircut at 5 months :)

My heartburn didn't kick in until I was almost 30 weeks last time I think so you never know. It might be coming for you!

I was convinced last time I was having a girl so I'm not sure how good mother's intuition is. We'll see in June what you are incubating :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Oh I definitely will let you know.
    I don't mean to make anyone feel bad (or envious!) but I didn't have any morning sickness at all. My only real symptom was tiredness in the first trimester. Do any old wives tales take that to mean I'm having a boy or a girl?? :)

I think it just means you are very, very lucky :D

@woshy your justified with your biased though because he is a dote :)

@witty you lucky so and so. I had 24/7 sickness up to 24 weeks. So I think your old wives tale is a girl because I'm convinced no woman would do that to another woman :D:D hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Wow a lot has happened here in a week :P delighted for you woshy!! You're oh will have the perfect 'gentleman's family', I love the idea of a big brother little sister. Although I am dying for a girl I'm coming around to the idea of a boy, my oh is terrified they'll hand me the baby and say it's a boy and I'll sulk and demand a refund or something :P the longer the pregnancy is going on the more I'm just loving baby for baby and I am caring less about the gender (I'm lying to myself about all of this cause I'm convinced I'm having a boy :P ) so so delighted for ya woshy, my oh is adamant we're not finding out!

I still haven't told the landlord about the little surprise...now it's starting to keep me up at night! Although that could be the crazy nightmares and heartburn aswel :P

Wasn't there someone else here with a hiatus hernia actually, had my check up last week with yer man and he reckons it might have sorted itself out :) is anyone started on iron or anything yet? Had the check up at the doc on Tues and they didn't mention anything at all and I told them about being vegetarian but they're obviously not worried/don't care. I hate my doctor but I have a medical card and I'm stuck with her.

I'm in clare so it's a bit far for meet ups but I'll see what I can do :)

That would be great about the hiatus hernia! I had to take iron on my last pregnancy, they gave me a random blood test at one of my appointments. I must have looked extra pale or something and it was low, then I took iron and it didn't help, then I took it with vitamin C which helps the iron absorption and it improved. I reckon I will need it again so will prob start taking it soon. I used Galfer last time. No harm in taking it if you are concerned or asking for a blood test at your next hospital appointment.

I was just like that with my little boy. I was convinced he was a girl and i think my husband thought the same thing, that they'd hand him to me and I'd say eh no, where's my daughter! That's why we found out the sex and lucky I did seeming as he is a boy :)

• Advertisement

Wittyname - we'll have to think what other old wives tales you can try. Isn't there one about putting your wedding ring on a chain and holding it over your belly and whichever way it swings tells you? Thatvone would be funny to try :D

Advertisement