Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I've heard of that one too about the ring on a chain :D hahaha there's so many it's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Allirog wrote: »
    I've heard of that one too about the ring on a chain :D hahaha there's so many it's hilarious

We'll have to find out more and test them for the laugh :)

At my scan today the midwife said my placenta is at the top of my uterus and I probably wouldn't feel much up there and it's so true - all the kicks I'm feeling are at the bottom of my bump. She also told me her head is well down already so it's actually her little hands and head I'm feeling - punches and headbutts, not kicks. It's just amazing what they can see!

Allirog - how cute are these pjs

http://www.f-f.com/ie/product/f-f-daddy-loves-me-cat-print-pyjamas/kl510049

I thought of you when I came across them!

Edit: and this one

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/x55796s1#803311

I need to back away from the online shopping. There's no point buying clothes for myself so I'm looking at all the baby stuff :D

Oh would ya look at those!!! Oh god. Think I'll have to give in an pick up something :D and I'll also have to ask my mam about the ring on a chain thingy!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congrats Woshy that's lovely news. On both my previous i was sure they were boys and sure enough boys, i couldn't look at pink clothes during the pregnancies, it just didn't feel right, my sister tried to give me a big bag of pink newborn stuff on my 2nd and she couldn't understand why i didn't want it, i was sure i didn't need it. No MS on either of them and none on this one either & the pregnancy generally feels the same so it's probably a boy. But everyone is throwing me off by referring to this baby as "her/she" already, my mother's guilty of this. And my oldest boy keeps talking about "his baby sister" even though i remind him it might be a boy. Oooooh i'd love to find out, scan next week and i'm tempted again, hmmmmm, to know or not to know?

• Advertisement

Dooooooo it Ariana! Just for me :D I have to say, I know why people don't find out, it's a personal choice but we love knowing. Yesterday was a very special day and we have a lot of very excited friends and family that we got to tell. It kind of spreads the excitement access more than the day of birth! That especially meant a lot to me as so far my pregnancy has just been sickness and difficulties. It feels like something much more positive now!

allirog- isn't the Next stuff just fab? Want! I try only buy stuff in there on sale because it's expensive but I have to say their babygros/sleep suits are great for newborns cos they have in built mitten things on the ends of their sleeves to stop them from scratching themselves. You can fold them over if you want or not and leave their hands free. Was so handy for my little boy because he gave himslf some terrible scrapes. Luckily I bought unisex ones so little sister will be wearing them loads too :)

Next have a girls outfit that is a little pair of pink tights, a tutu and a top with little bunnies on it. I resisted but I was so tempted!

I'm just dead set on the surprise element at the end but I totally get why people find out too. I never thought of it that way though woshy! It's a good way to treat yourself all the same :)

Next stuff is fab but like that, way too expensive!! I'm loving tesco stuff actually!! :) we got a few more bits so I'll have to see what we have try get some sleep suits with the mits on them but I don't want to buy too many neutral either.

God I am shattered. My back is tired and I'm struggling to concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

I'm just dead set on the surprise element at the end but I totally get why people find out too. I never thought of it that way though woshy! It's a good way to treat yourself all the same :)

Next stuff is fab but like that, way too expensive!! I'm loving tesco stuff actually!! :) we got a few more bits so I'll have to see what we have try get some sleep suits with the mits on them but I don't want to buy too many neutral either.

God I am shattered. My back is tired and I'm struggling to concentrate.
    You're right not to buy too much Allirog, you don't know what you'll need yet either. Neither of mine wore the mitts at all and i had loads of pairs at the ready, they didn't scratch themselves. And i was out & about very quickly after their births too. On my first i was out walking when he was 4 days old and the 2nd we all went out for lunch when he was 6 days because i got cabin fever. And they were both born at much less favourable times of the year than June. The basics are enough to have, if you can't get out yourself you can always send someone else out if there's things you need and when you know if it's boy/girl. But all going well you'll be back on your feet in no time.

Tesco stuff is great - it washes really well too! You definitely don't need to buy too much, you'll find out what you need most when he/she is here and it'll be fun to buy stuff when you know them. I didn't buy too much for my boy before he was born and I bought all unisex in case the scanner was wrong and also in case I had a girl in the future and I'm glad now I did! You'll get loads of presents too

Oh and those actual little mittens are useless and can be dangerous if the baby put his/her hands in their mouth. The next babygros just have a little fold of material you can pull over their hands :)

I'm going to try not buy many clothes because a lot of my early baby stuff is unisex but it will be hard. Luckily nearly all boys clothes can be worn by a girl (it'd be harder the other way around) so that will be handy. There's some stuff I loved on my son that I can't wait to see again!

Ah no I'm not buying too much at all just enjoying picking up a few small bits now :)

We're in the middle of clearing out the box room it's amazing the amount of junk one can gather in such a small space and I can't even blame my oh, it's all me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've been very good so far at only buying things on special offer, love buying baby clothes though! Got our monitor, bottles and bouncer this week all reduced too. Need to look at vests - short sleeved or long??

My boy is a June baby and we only used short sleeved vests on him at first - long sleeved were too warm! I didn't get long sleeved ones until the winter. 2013 was a warm summer though and we had trouble keeping him cool enough. If it ends up being a colder summer you could always pick up some longer sleeved ones at the time. I buy vests in Tesco now, found them very durable.

I think for the first while he just lived in vests and babygros. You have to change their clothes a few times a day because of milk/spit-up/poo incidents so anything nicer was a waste!

Buying stuff is exciting, isn't it! The only thing I need is a breastfeeding pillow, my old one is manky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I can't wait to start buying things but I'm waiting until after the anatomy scan (2 weeks today!). I've already spotted a few adorable unisex items that I will definitely buy and then we need to spend a bit of time looking into buggies and all the big expensive things.

The buggy is a big one! Lots to think about with that one. I can't wait to hear about your scan Fifi :)

We got our nursery furniture in IKEA - it's worked out really well! Their high chair is fab too. We bought an expensive one that is just sitting in the shed but the €20 IKEA one is used every day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yeah I love newborns just in their babygros so they're all snuggly and cute but my MIL says it's important to get the baby "dressed" every day in proper clothes... Can't wait for the "advice" to start!

Yeah I love newborns just in their babygros so they're all snuggly and cute but my MIL says it's important to get the baby "dressed" every day in proper clothes... Can't wait for the "advice" to start!

Ha - I heard that one too. Gotta love the "advice".

I dressed him in little outfits if we were out visiting people or something but mainly it was babygros. I can't wait to get them out again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Woshy wrote: »
    The buggy is a big one! Lots to think about with that one. I can't wait to hear about your scan Fifi :)

We got our nursery furniture in IKEA - it's worked out really well! Their high chair is fab too. We bought an expensive one that is just sitting in the shed but the €20 IKEA one is used every day :D

I was over in Ikea earlier this month and was looking at the baby gear. Both of my sisters bought their nursery furniture from there and really rate it. It seems very sturdy and very reasonably priced. Will need to go back to take another look.

Yeah, we've been really pleased with it. Some of the prices for furniture (like mamas and papas stuff) is crazy. We have a cot and a changing table and they're great.

Some people I know have said they wish they hadn't bought a changing table but we wouldn't be able to do without ours. It's impossible to change him anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

The excitement is really building in this thread :):)

For the old wives tale...would an engagement ring work instead? We haven't gotten around to the wedding ring stage yet :)

By the way, should I be worried at all that I haven't felt any movement yet? 20.5 weeks in now.

WittyName1 wrote: »
    The excitement is really building in this thread :):)

For the old wives tale...would an engagement ring work instead? We haven't gotten around to the wedding ring stage yet :)

By the way, should I be worried at all that I haven't felt any movement yet? 20.5 weeks in now.

I'm sure engagement rings are just as effective!!

I think 20 weeks is still early enough. I was at my gp last week at 19+5 and he was surprised I could feel so much and this is my second (so you generally feel movement earlier). Especially for first time mums I think it is more likely to happen around 24 weeks. When is your scan? I know it's hard not to worry though - there's always something :)

• Advertisement

I'm definitely getting a changing table. Both my siblings used the same one for their kids and it's still on the go! My sister is buying me one as a gift though so I must tell her to go to ikea!!

Witty I know what you mean about the movement. I'm 19 weeks today and nothing but a friend of mine who's a midwife told me that it could even be as late as 24 weeks especially for first timers. I have to admit, I was freaking out so we bought a Doppler so we could listen to the heartbeat ourselves :o

Ah no, make her get you a really expensive one! :D

I was worried about having two babas to look after but today I just had the most boring day at home. We couldn't go out as my husband took both sets of keys to work and Mr moo entertains himself a lot these days so the day just dragged. Maybe having two will be good to keep me busy :) (I'll probably regret saying that!)

Thanks for the reassurance Woshy and Allirog.
    My scan is next Thursday. Can't wait!

It feels so long ago since my last one. I haven't seen or heard the baby since about 6 weeks ago. That combined with feeling no movement was getting me a little worried.
    Only one more week though until I see him/her again.

Allirog, do you mind me asking if the dopplers are dear? Or is it like all baby stuff, different ones to suit all budgets?

The one we got cost €40 including delivery (an post) and we got in 3 days. It's really good and well worth the few bob if I'm honest and my partner was delighted at being able to hear it too so it was rather special and comforting.

The one we got cost €40 including delivery (an post) and we got in 3 days. It's really good and well worth the few bob if I'm honest and my partner was delighted at being able to hear it too so it was rather special and comforting.

That's not a bad price at all. I assumed they would be higher.
    I might go and have a look online now.

It's not at all, and it's a good quality too. Only problem is its battery operated, but it's not the end of the world. I had a listen there a while back, oh my god it's so precious and wonderful. I could also hear him splash around so there's plenty of movement in there. My partner got it on inhealth.ie and Id definitely recommend it. It's fantastic!!!

It's not at all, and it's a good quality too. Only problem is its battery operated, but it's not the end of the world. I had a listen there a while back, oh my god it's so precious and wonderful. I could also hear him splash around so there's plenty of movement in there. My partner got it on inhealth.ie and Id definitely recommend it. It's fantastic!!!

Just ordered the angelsounds one off amazon :)

You won't regret it :D we got a YouTube clip too of that particular device so we knew exactly what we were hearing because it's very noisy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Just ordered the angelsounds one off amazon :)

I have an angelsounds one - its great... Plus you can use two sets of ear phones so both mammy and daddy can listen... I love watching my hubbys face as he listens to it.. :-)

Congrats woshy - exciting times..

We Haven't starting buying yet but I'm sure we will be in the next few wks.

• Advertisement

I thought dopplers were more than that - that's totally worth it. Hope it arrives soon for you wittyname and you get to hear a fab heartbeat :)

Advertisement