Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm due 31st May and it's my first so it will likely be June by the time d-day arrives!!
    Bought the angel sounds Doppler on eBay (new) and must say it's great. Takes a while sometimes to find the heartbeat but great reassurance once you do. I'm 20+4 and still only feeling movement some days and even at that it's very little so listening to the heartbeat just puts my mind at ease!! I would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Wow girls this thread has been busy since I've last been here!

Lots of shopping happening!

I think we will be buying our cot and changing table in Ikea too, I plan to sidecar the cot, for the ease when feeding. I really want the Stokke high chair though, my cousin had one and her daughter was in it in one shape or form until she was about six, it's also really beautiful, which helps!

To come back to my earlier point about the sickness and having a girl, it's because girls will produce higher levels of pregnancy hormones than boys, in particular Hcg, which is what starts the whole process off!

I've met many a hairy baby who's mum had no heartburn and many a baldy baby who's mother was crippled!

There is another one about does the heartbeat sound like a train or a horse, I can never remember which is a girl or a boy. From listening in I can say that I think they fluctuate anyway, depending on the angel that you're listening.

Work was bananas today and no doubt will be again tomorrow, it seems all the babies want out. I've stayed up far too late, as per usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Those pesky girls, causing trouble! I actually feel a bit bad. Hyperemesis runs in my family (family curse) and no doubt if my little girl has her own babies one day I'll be looking after her when she pukes her guts up, like my mum did for me and my granny did for her. It's the circle of life!

The stokke high chair is fab - a great investment :)

Do you think there's a reason lots of babies are coming at the moment? Hopefully June will be a quieter month when we have ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Wow this place has been busy.

I'm dying to buy a few bits, even though this is no 3 and i have loads of neutral stuff for the early weeks! I'll still buy a new vest and babygro for the baby's 1st outfit and probably a couple of other small bits as well. On no 2 i actually got gifted a few 0-3mth boy babygros and it was a lovely change from all the poo stained neutrals that i had from my 1st. Talk of dressing baby in proper outfits, on no. 1 i did that when we were going out & about, on no 2 i didn't even do that, i just didn't have time or inclination! It's just so much easier to change a nappy and even to get the baby to the boob when they're in a baby gro and there isn't bulky layers getting in the way.

Re. the stokke highchairs, my friend bought 2 of them as there was 18mths between her kids. They are 8.5 & 7yrs now and both still use them at the dinner table just as normal seats. I couldn't justify the price myself as we were building our house and on a budget when my 1st was born but they definitely seem like a good investment if you have the money for the initial outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Its so exciting hearing everyone talking about buying clothes and getting stuff ready.. always come away feeling extra excited about babas arrival. roll on june :)

Going viewing a house in a little while so fingers crossed we get it really want to be moved soon and settled before I get to big and uncomfortable..4 other ppl atleast viewing it aswell today tho :(

My bump shot out all of a sudden so think im going to b a lot bigger than wen preg on my 2 boys, hopefully that means ill b buying pink clothes when the time comes.. after 2 boys and having no sisters just 3 brothers don't think id know wat to do with a little girl haha

• Advertisement

missymad wrote: »
    Its so exciting hearing everyone talking about buying clothes and getting stuff ready.. always come away feeling extra excited about babas arrival. roll on june :)

Going viewing a house in a little while so fingers crossed we get it really want to be moved soon and settled before I get to big and uncomfortable..4 other ppl atleast viewing it aswell today tho :(

My bump shot out all of a sudden so think im going to b a lot bigger than wen preg on my 2 boys, hopefully that means ill b buying pink clothes when the time comes.. after 2 boys and having no sisters just 3 brothers don't think id know wat to do with a little girl haha

G'luck with the viewig missy. Mum of 2 boys as well so i don't know either if i'd know what to do with a girl but i'm sure we'd figure it out as we go along if we had too ;) Are you planning on finding out?

Woshy wrote: »

Do you think there's a reason lots of babies are coming at the moment? Hopefully June will be a quieter month when we have ours!

I hope so too on both my others i was able to straight to a delivery suite when i got to the hospital and stay there until babs arrived, i skipped the antenatal ward, and would love the same again. Gosh when i think about it i get so excited. Half-way now but still seems a long way away, it's hard to imagine Summer with the weather the way it is now :(

I know Ariana - it's freezing today. I was just out with the baba in the buggy and it was icy cold. Huddling inside for the rest of the day now. I was just thinking that I'm glad this is another summer baby. It's so much easier to take them out when it's warmer.

I was going to buy this little baba her own vest and gro for her first outfit too. I think it's a nice thing to have :) I saw Tesco have a pink and white striped one that says born in 2015 which I think would be cute

Good luck with the house viewing missy - I have everything crossed for you!

If it helps, I had a June baby and the hospital was actually quiet enough.

Just realised that this day 5yrs ago i finished work for my 1st maternity leave. At the time i thought the baby would never arrive and now suddenly 5yrs have gone. Feeling a bit sad and nostalgic for those years.

Woshy i'm hoping June will be a good time of year for getting out and about, my first Summer baby, it'll be so much easier for birthday parties in years to come as well, we can hire a bouncy castle and send all the kids outside.

Time goes so fast, doesn't it?

My little boy was born middle of June and we were out for walks in the pram in the sunshine when he was 3 days old. It is so nice to be able to do that. You couldn't take a newborn out at the moment. The wind is biting

I have photos of me from that day standing next to the sea holding this tiny, scrunched up bundle. Now I look at him running around, wrecking my house and it's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Gave it a lot of thought ariana but in the end we have decided on waiting.. On one hand im dying to find out especially when I hear ppl finding out its so exciting but then again I love that moment when they say boy or girl. Its a precious moment either way really..

House viewing went well but have to wait till nearly the end of next the week to find out which is a shame. Ill be jumping every time the phone rings

Fingers crossed missymad!

Off on holidays tomorrow. We have to leave the house at 4.15am. I'm tired enough these days getting up at 8, I'm going to be in a heap by 10am. I'm really hoping that doesn't bring a bout of puking on - the thought of my hyperemesis playing up on a plane does not sound fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Woshy have a great holiday and I hope you get to chill out loads too!! You deserve it! And no sickness I hope :)

Myself and my partner were chatting last night so we're also going to look in ikea which is somewhere we just never thought of so thanks for the recommendations folks :)

Had my mam over last night and she got to listen on the Doppler see her face when she heard it just lit up, it was magical :) going to my sister for lunch today so I'll bring it to her too

It's fun going to the kids section in IKEA and seeing how all the rooms are set up. So cute!

It was such a long day yesterday - had to get up at 4 and the monster had me up from 12.30-4 so I basically travelled on no sleep. No puking and hardly and nausea though - it's a miracle! I couldn't believe it :) we arrived in very heavy snow as well and you should have seen his face when he saw it. Just so amazed!

I'm a bit sad I couldn't go out skiing with everyone else, the new snow looks fab but baby Leslie (The name my dad calls my bump) will be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

There is great excitement in this thread lately :)

I'm 21 weeks now, yay.
    Hope everyone is keeping well.

The time is going by so fast, I can hardly believe it!

I bought the jeans extenders today, they're not fiddly, at the moment I literally need to open the button on my jeans so barely need the smallest size of the smallest one, wont be long needing more space though, I'd say!

Went for dinner with my mum and was telling her the random, specific fear that I have, turns out she had the exact same one on each of us! Mad!

It is so weird how similar your pregnancies can be to your mums. My mum and I have had so many similarities, the hyperemesis, random pains I got last time that I had to go a weeks bed rest for, Mars bar, ice cold milk and rice pudding cravings and my little boy weighed exactly the same as me when I was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I'm completely the opposite to my mum even though we are like 2 peas in a pod normally. She was very sick with all 3 of her pregnancies, whereas (touch wood) I have cruised the last 19 and a half weeks with no issues at all. She's desperate for some similarities and any time I mention I have eaten something with tomato in it she gets ridiculously excited as that was her craving with me!

My mother went over due on all of us too, I'll be expecting that...

tfak85 wrote: »
    My mother went over due on all of us too, I'll be expecting that...

Ooh, hopefully not! I was a week early last time. Had my little boy at exactly 39 weeks. I'm trying to remember I could go overdue this time and not to expect anything but I'd love for that to happen again.

I was at a big thermal baths today. Loads of pools all 30C or more - they were like massive baths. You could swim through a tunnel to a really warm outdoor pool too and paddle around surrounded by snow. It was like pregnant woman heaven - my back and bump feel so much more comfortable now. I felt massive in my maternity swimsuit though - was a bit self conscious!

• Advertisement

Girls, now that I have a little bump I think it's probably time to start using stretch mark cream/oil. Any recommendations? I popped into Boots at the weekend and there were heaps of different ones to choose from!

I use bio oil. I used it last pregnancy and didn't get stretch marks. Tbh, that was probably just luck, I've no idea if any of them actually work! I do really like the smell though. Penneys is the cheapest place to buy it from my experience, they have them beside the till.

My husband bought me palmers tummy butter for Xmas but I prefer the consistency of the bio oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just a drop in from the January thread (staving off boredom reading them all). My doc/Internet says that there's no way to prevent stretch marks with creams, they are hereditary. While the creams are nice they won't stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Its funny, I thought I'd get loads with my last pregnancy as I had some from weight gain during puberty so I thought I'd be predisposed to them but I got none(or no new ones anyway!). Hoping this time will be the same but I'm doubtful. I'm 17 weeks and already showing a lot more than I did at 20 something weeks last time. I went between Bio oil and Boots stretch mark oil(much cheaper, lasts longer and not as greasy feeling). Started the bio oil again when I hit the 2nd trimester but will pick up the Boots stuff when I see it again.

I'm hoping to get away with it this time too :) I find my bump gets really itchy and dry so the oil is good for that anyway - plus it soothes the aches a bit!

Just popped along to Penneys on my lunch break and got a 60ml bottle of Bio-Oil for 8 euro (currently 11.99 on the Boots website).

Woshy the thermal baths sounds heavenly! We are going to a nice enough hotel in Westport this weekend for a couple of nights (not quite the same as skiing) and there is an outdoor heated pool which I'm so excited about. Also hoping to get out cycling on the Greenway, I've wanted to do it for ages!

I have to agree with mirrorwall, stretch marks can't be controlled, you'll either get them or you wont, a cream or oil ain't gonna change that!

My bump has popped out big time in the last few days, it's mad. I look mega preggo in work now!

Sounds like a lovely weekend Tfak! Let us know if the hotel is nice etc My husband's birthday is the end of April, 4 weeks before my due date and we were thinking of getting away for a weekend just the two of us before the madness starts - will farm the little monster off to my parents!

It's nice when the bump pops out and you feel properly pregnant - I got offered a seat on a bus the other day which reassured me that i've passed if she pregnant/is she fat stage :P

When I was hospitalised I had a midwife who was pregnant - it really reassured me when she was sympathising with my puking, I knew she really did understand, so I'm sure your patients feel similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I had my anatomy scan during the week and it went well. I was impressed with how thorough it was. Heaps of measurements were taken and nothing abnormal showed up thankfully. They also took a good stab at the gender of the baby :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I had my anatomy scan during the week and it went well. I was impressed with how thorough it was. Heaps of measurements were taken and nothing abnormal showed up thankfully. They also took a good stab at the gender of the baby :)

That's great, we had ours during the week too, all went well from what they could see, baby measured at 15 oz so nearly a pound already, was 21 weeks yesterday, the placenta is at the front though so explains why I'm not feeling too much movement, hopefully in the next few weeks, not really showing either, still just looking fat! we didn't find out the gender though, gonna keep it as a nice surprise!

Advertisement