Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Petal765 wrote: »
    That's great, we had ours during the week too, all went well from what they could see, baby measured at 15 oz so nearly a pound already, was 21 weeks yesterday, the placenta is at the front though so explains why I'm not feeling too much movement, hopefully in the next few weeks, not really showing either, still just looking fat! we didn't find out the gender though, gonna keep it as a nice surprise!

It's such a relief to have gotten good results from the scan isn't it.
    Our baby weighed in at about 450g. I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday.

I got the same news about the placenta. It's at the front which explains why I haven't felt any definite movement yet.

It all feels very real now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

WittyName1 wrote: »
    It's such a relief to have gotten good results from the scan isn't it.
    Our baby weighed in at about 450g. I'll be 21 weeks on Sunday.

I got the same news about the placenta. It's at the front which explains why I haven't felt any definite movement yet.

It all feels very real now :)

That's great Wittyname! It's definitely very really now and such a relief!! I was worried when I was feeling much movement so was kinda relieved when they told me it was at the front! Over half way there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 keelan08

Hi all, hope your all getting on well :) I had my anomoly scan yesterday and all is great with baby thank god but they saw blood vessels running across my cervix that may cause complications.
    She said I may not be able to have a normal delivery and to make sure the hospital check me properly, I then came home and stupidily googled what she had on report and hve scared myself so much :(
    Have an app with my gp next fri so will e counting down the days to that and hopefully will get some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

That's great news about the scans girls and interesting about your placentas - reassuring to know that about how you feel movements. My baba has her head well down and my placenta is on the top of my uterus so all the kicks I'm getting are really headbutts and punches - I don't feel as much on top!

Keelan - try not to worry too much (hard, I know!) It's good they discovered it anyway and it might end up sorting itself out. As long as you're being well looked after, that's the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

I have my anatomy scan on Thursday and really looking forward to seeing the bub again. Quick question for those of you who have had the anatomy scan..... do you go with a full bladder again like the dating scan?

• Advertisement

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    I have my anatomy scan on Thursday and really looking forward to seeing the bub again. Quick question for those of you who have had the anatomy scan..... do you go with a full bladder again like the dating scan?

I didn't and it was never mentioned to me before or during the scan. I think the baba is big enough now that it's not as important. If you're unsure you could check with the hospital or save up your wee wees just in case!

Can't wait to hear about your scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I think it's just the first scan that you need the full bladder for. Certainly wasn't mentioned to me at any stage. And I have had a couple since the first one inc the anomaly! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Thanks girls! Getting the bus along to the Coombe from work and really didn't fancy a bus journey with a full bladder lol :)

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Thanks girls! Getting the bus along to the Coombe from work and really didn't fancy a bus journey with a full bladder lol :)

Ha - that would not be fun! They press down a good bit on your tummy while scanning too so I'd say it would be uncomfortable if you had a very full bladder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

You don't need a full bladder for anatomy scan, they press so hard at some stages to get measurements I think I would have peed myself if I had a full bladder!

• Advertisement

You don't need a full bladder for anatomy scan, they press so hard at some stages to get measurements I think I would have peed myself if I had a full bladder!

Me too! After one baby my bladder control ain't what it used to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

How are all you ladies feeling today? I super jealous of all the anatomy scans :-( were thinking about getting one done privately - my mother in law had two babies with holes in there hearts - one passed away at 3 months the other had no problems and is a fit and healthy teenager now.... it's just at the back of my mind but it is on my file so....

I was 20 wks last Fri - exciting..... we've decided to buy the first few bits of clothes at 24 wks... won't feel it. Also booked 5 days to NYC for the first week of March :-)

I have a cute little bump now but still not obvious - easily hidden if needs be... not that I want to cos I love it! Think dh is getting sick of me talking about bubs...lol.

Ooh NYC sounds like loads of fun Blueberry!

If I were you I would get a private anatomy scan because I have no patience whatsoever and would want to see baba and that everything is ok. Are they expensive though? You might want to save some money for shopping on your holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Petal765 wrote: »
    That's great, we had ours during the week too, all went well from what they could see, baby measured at 15 oz so nearly a pound already, was 21 weeks yesterday, the placenta is at the front though so explains why I'm not feeling too much movement, hopefully in the next few weeks, not really showing either, still just looking fat! we didn't find out the gender though, gonna keep it as a nice surprise!

I had scan last week too, all looking good and baby also measured in at 15oz. Did you find the sonographer comment on that much? Mine kept going on about how big baby is, 2 wks ahead apparently (i was 21wks on day of scan and average should be 10/11oz), and she asked how big my other babies were and how i got on delivering them. To be honest she put the sh*ts up me that this baby is going to be massive :o She said a few times "wow that's some belly baby has" and so on.

My baba was 14oz at my scan which was at 20w+5days. The sinographer didn't comment on it at all.

My little boy was 8lbs 1oz at birth so above average but not massive. I don't think your scan now will determine his/her size at the end too much. I think you'll be grand!

I'll see if I can dig out his scan results and see what size he was at 21 weeks!

Woshy wrote: »
    My baba was 14oz at my scan which was at 20w+5days. The sinographer didn't comment on it at all.

My little boy was 8lbs 1oz at birth so above average but not massive. I don't think your scan now will determine his/her size at the end too much. I think you'll be grand!

I'll see if I can dig out his scan results and see what size he was at 21 weeks!

Thanks. My other 2 were 8lbs even and 8lbs 8oz and both delivered naturally, the 2nd with no cuts/tears or stitches required so i don't know why i'm worrying really. I don't have a clue what they weighed at any scans, i don't remember ever being told, but this lady seemed to make a big deal out of the size of this baby and it doesn't help that i seem to have had a growth spurt in the last few days and i'm starting to feel massive already :rolleyes:

Sure, you were always going to be bigger when it's your third!

I'm only on number 2 and I'm definitely bigger than last time. My maternity clothes are fitting quite well instead of being loose on me like I thought they would (like they were until v late in pregnancy last time!)

On my 2nd i was bigger/showing earlier than first pregnancy but by the end i was the very same really and i'm guessing it'll be similar this time, i don't mind being bigger sooner but she just scared me that baby is going to be a whopper but anyhow there's not much i can do about it, it'll come out one way or the other. My sister in law's babies were all big 10+ lbers and my other sister in law had her baby at 37wks and he was 8lbs 5oz so goodness knows if he'd had another 3 wks inside what size he would have been so i guess there are big babies in the family.

I love big babies - I just want to eat their chubby little thighs :D

Now I'm wondering if I should be worried about a weight of 450ish grams at 21wks and 4 days....
    That's about 16 oz I think.

• Advertisement

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering if I should be worried about a weight of 450ish grams at 21wks and 4 days....
    That's about 16 oz I think.

Oh god i'm sorry.... don't even think about it if it wasn't mentioned to you. That was just the sonographer talking she probably doesn't have a clue and to be honest she might have been just making conversation ;)

I'm sure if it's an issue your consultants or midwife will raise it with you, as mine will, i shouldn't have been spouting on here really :o

Once baby is healthy then that's all that matters :)

The sonographer was probably just making small talk and says it to loads of mums! Sure, we're all going to sneeze and the babies will fall out, right?! :D

The sonographer was probably just making small talk and says it to loads of mums! Sure, we're all going to sneeze and the babies will fall out, right?! :D

Absolutely! I remember watching One born when i was pregnant on #2 and this teenager popped out her 1st baby with no bother at all, the midwife was praising her and she said "i've had lots of practice - i get constipated a lot"!! Makes me smile every time i think of it! No bother to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I wouldn't panic ladies, my app has average of 13oz at 21 weeks and then at 22 weeks 13-21oz. That's a huge variation and to get averages there has to be loads who measure bigger and smaller.

ariana` wrote: »
    Absolutely! I remember watching One born when i was pregnant on #2 and this teenager popped out her 1st baby with no bother at all, the midwife was praising her and she said "i've had lots of practice - i get constipated a lot"!! Makes me smile every time i think of it! No bother to us.

Lol! I'll remember that one now too when it comes time to push!

No need to apologise at all ariana. I won't be surprised if this is a big baby though since I was a big one myself :)
    I'm just trying not to think about the pushing part. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Well my dh keeps saying "when baby pops out" - and I'm like "Yep, it's just gonna POP out"... Ah....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

keelan08 wrote: »
    Hi all, hope your all getting on well :) I had my anomoly scan yesterday and all is great with baby thank god but they saw blood vessels running across my cervix that may cause complications.
    She said I may not be able to have a normal delivery and to make sure the hospital check me properly, I then came home and stupidily googled what she had on report and hve scared myself so much :(
    Have an app with my gp next fri so will e counting down the days to that and hopefully will get some answers.

Was it a private scan you had? Your GP wont be able to give you any answers about this Keelan, mention it to your midwife/doc at the next hospital visit and they can book a scan for you. Even if the placenta is low lying at the anomoly scan nine times out of ten it grows up with the uterus. In the mean time if you see any bleeding go straight to the hospital and tell them about the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

We have our big scan tomorrow, I am extremely nervous, I've been really stressed for almost a week now, I think it's related to it.

Still no movements but I'm not at all bothered, once I start feeling them I'll have to keep an eye on them!

The weekend in Westport was lovely, did a mud bath treatment thing in the hotel spa which was nice!

Jealous of your trip to NYC Blueberry! The weather in March will be lovely!

• Advertisement

Good luck for your scan tfak - I was nervous too but I'm sure it will be fine and you'll get lots of good looks at the baba.

I'm having a Pukey morning :( it just comes from nowhere - so strange really, I'll be fine for days and then suddenly I'll have a bad day and be up early running to the toilet. Going to stay in bed with my little boy and have cuddles this morning I think :)

Advertisement