Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Good luck freeing up the cot - I hope it's not too painful with lots of sleepless nights!

I'm so tired, I'm just sleeping badly. I had awful dreams last night - in one I had triplets and the had names and all but loads of stuff went wrong and all these bad things happened to them. It was quite disturbing. I'm hoping I get a better night tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Oh god woshy, dreams like that are not good. And especially now that they are so vivid!! I do hope you have a better night of it. I keep dreaming about my dad although I don't actually see him in it. Weird.

I'd love a good nights sleep too. I'm so unbelievably congested it's not funny. The inside of my nose is so raw, it feels cut, from all the blowing. I've done everything from bowls of boiling water and steam to sinus rinse but I'm that congested it's just coming out my mouth. Sleep is not happening because when I lie down I feel like I'm choking ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Allirog wrote: »
    Oh god woshy, dreams like that are not good. And especially now that they are so vivid!! I do hope you have a better night of it. I keep dreaming about my dad although I don't actually see him in it. Weird.

I'd love a good nights sleep too. I'm so unbelievably congested it's not funny. The inside of my nose is so raw, it feels cut, from all the blowing. I've done everything from bowls of boiling water and steam to sinus rinse but I'm that congested it's just coming out my mouth. Sleep is not happening because when I lie down I feel like I'm choking ugh :(

I've got the whole sore nose thing too. It's not fun. The inside of each nostril is so sore and raw from blowing my nose. I'm sick of blood coming out of my nose every time I blow it too. Gross.

Just under 23 weeks in now though. That was a fast month!

Oh no!! It's really horrible isn't it? Have you found a solution? I am using my neilmed sinus rinse, inhaling steam and strepsils. I'm just praying for a decent sleep tonight :)

I'm just 21 weeks. It's so hard to believe isn't it? I feel like the last while has absolutely dragged but then when I say oh I'm 21 weeks I'm like wow! That was fast !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Have you tried sleeping with three or four pillows so you're not at all horizontal? Works for heartburn too sometimes!

• Advertisement

Have you tried sleeping with three or four pillows so you're not at all horizontal? Works for heartburn too sometimes!

I was going to suggest the same thing. I had to do that last pregnancy when the heartburn got really uncomfortable.

I'm 23 weeks today - hope the pregnancy continues to go quickly!

I have 5 pillows :D I can handle the heartburn. A rennie gets rid of it immediately. It's the nasal congestion that's keeping me awake. But I just did a sinus rinse there and I feel a good bit clearer so I'm off to bed while the goings good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I dunno how anyone sleeps almost upright with pillows. I've been using three because of stupid heartburn, its so uncomfortable!

I have 5 pillows :D I can handle the heartburn. A rennie gets rid of it immediately. It's the nasal congestion that's keeping me awake. But I just did a sinus rinse there and I feel a good bit clearer so I'm off to bed while the goings good :D

I meant sleep propped up to ease the congestion! Hope the 5 pillows helps anyway. I am so uncomfortable tonight. The rennie is doing nothing, it's more indigestion at the moment though for me, not heartburn. Being pregnant is just so glam :D

Woshy wrote: »
    I meant sleep propped up to ease the congestion! Hope the 5 pillows helps anyway. I am so uncomfortable tonight. The rennie is doing nothing, it's more indigestion at the moment though for me, not heartburn. Being pregnant is just so glam :D

Oh I'm with Ya! I never even thought of pillows for heartburn!! Thanks for the tip! I just had a lovely sleep, woke up for the loo and was a bit stuffy so I just did a sinus rinse and finally starting to feel semi normal again. If I can sleep till 6/7am I'll be delighted :)

• Advertisement

That's great! I actually slept ok too - despite the baba waking up at 5.30 and 6.30am (he went back asleep pretty quickly). Feeling a lot better today!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In a surprise turn of events I found out yesterday I'm due end of June. Any advice for someone who'll be having a very short pregnancy!?!

Had a rough day today - my little boy had me up last night as I think he's cutting his canines. I've been so tired and Pukey today. I've run out of the drugs I've been taking for the hyperemesis and I think I'm going to need to keep taking them. I have an appointment this week so think I'll have to bite the bullet and get another prescription and just pay the fortune they cost. I've been feeling very sick the last few days.

I've been really itchy all over yesterday and today too - tfak is it just in the third trimester that that can be a sign of liver problems? I know some itching is normal but it's getting more uncomfortable so I just want to keep an eye on it, especially as I've been feeling unwell in general today too. I remember being vaguely itchy on my bump last time but not anywhere else

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough today Woshy.
    Hopefully a better nights sleep tonight will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Some of you sound in a bad way with sinuses, any chance ye have a sinus infection, maybe ye should go to the doctor if they're not getting any better? I eventually went last week with a chest infection, i thought he could do nothing for me but he put me on a pregnancy friendly antibiotic. He said being that sick and high temperature is a lot worse for the baby than the antibiotic.

Woshy hope those teeth come through soon too. We'd an awful week last week too, must have been a full moon, my normally great sleeper just turned into a demon, it could have been teeth too i'm not even sure, he's 27months but only has 11 teeth yet, they've been so slow in coming, i hope the last 9 come before June. The last 2 nights were better thankfully so i feel semi-human again.

The weeks are ticking by aren't they, into another month now, by the end of this month a lot of us will be hitting the 3rd trimester!

He slept through last night, thank god. I needed it! We couldn't get him to nap yesterday which is really unlike him, especially after being up during the night. He was full of beans all day and the two of us were exhausted!

I hope you're boy does get the rest of his teeth before baba arrives - my LO has been slow enough getting them too. He has 12 now at 19 months, the 4 first molars just came in in the last couple of weeks. I'd say he'll get the 4 canines before baby arrives but not the last four- the second molars. That'll be a pain!

We did collect my car on Saturday and I love it! I'm loving the fact I can go anywhere I want today now. Will make my life a lot easier, especially when I'm feeling rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Hi Ladies,

Can i join you please?

Im due in June with my second budle of joy, i have an almost 14 month old already. So much more relaxed about this pregnacy as i know exactly what to expect. I Found number one very tough and a bit of a shock even though i was quite used to newborns/kids but nothing prepares you for the 24/7 feeding, no sleep esp if uve no help ( i do have a husband but took him a good 6mths to not be afraid to touch baby!)...but it all passes and now that ive been through it and know i can do this im alot more confident and relaxed about it all.

Hope everythinh going well for you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

ariana` wrote: »
    My gosh you've all been busy on here!! On the subject of breast feeding to anyone on the fence can I just say keep an open mind. I read a few of you say that you want to be able to hand the baby over to get a break and this is a reason for bottle feeding but i'd like to share my experience that not all breast feeding mums are tied to the couch all day. On my 1st by the end of the 1st week his feeds took 30mins and he was feeding on a 4 hourly schedule. This meant once I fed him if I had anyone on hand like my mum or husband then I could pass him straight over for winding and a nappy change and I had 3.5hrs to myself. This was as much as anyone could possibly want because at that age you won't want to be apart from your baby for long. Now, I know this isn't everyone's experience of b'feeding (my 2nd had reflux and fed every 2-3hrs) but just keep an open mind and try it out first. Also, while pumping isn't ideal I used to just always make sure I had a few Ozs in the freezer so if I needed a break the option was there (or there's the option of combination feeding - best of both worlds for some). But in the beginning you won't want a break as much as you think you will, there's always going to be some time between feeds for a shower or to get out for a walk. I loved feeding my 2 babies and it's something i'm so looking forward too again, I'm not a gung-ho you have to breast feed type of mum, you have to do what's best for you and for your baby, I was formula fed and there's nothing wrong with me, and both my kids got formula in the 2nd half of the 1st year, but I just loved the experience so much that I think all mums should try it, it's a wonderful thing to do albeit very tough in the beginning. I fed both mine for a year but as this is my last baby I will probably feed forever LOL!!

Hi Ariana,

I fed my little boy too, he weaned at 8 months, he had 6 teeth by then too! I was a bit sad but good news is i was pregnant within 6 weeks of him weaning! Sounds like you had a great brestfeeding experience. It was extremely tough for us at the start as lo had tt which made it very painful and also as he couldnt maintain latch he fed for 10 mins every 20-30mins for about the first 5 - 6 months! but we got tt revised i seen a LC and started going to cuidiu groups which was wonderful, everything settled down and it was the most special experience of my life and baby loved it too. Im so looking forward to feeding my next little baby hopefully for longer than 8 months.

He had been on formula since 8 months and he's very happy with that too, he still likes to get the same closeness when he's having his bottle now as we did when we were bf i.e. he will cuddle into my chest and rub my skin while he feeds as he always did.

Each to their own, but yes an open mind is good and if anyone is considering breastfeeding i would advise going to an info / support group like cuidiu /le leche league prior to having baby, it gives you a good idea or what to expect and what is normal. I didnt and when i was having problems i thought it was just me not being able to do something right or it just 'not working' for me but when i got help i realised id been doing fantastic and was able to get the problems resolved to make it a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

All mums want to do the best by their baby and no matter what way you choose to feed them that is the most important thing. In some cases it ends up being formula vs breastfeeding mums but really all mums should just be supporting each other as mums, we all love our babies and all mums can help each other......spread the love lol........i sound like such a hippie dont i!?? lol

Excited! wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Can i join you please?

Im due in June with my second budle of joy, i have an almost 14 month old already. So much more relaxed about this pregnacy as i know exactly what to expect. I Found number one very tough and a bit of a shock even though i was quite used to newborns/kids but nothing prepares you for the 24/7 feeding, no sleep esp if uve no help ( i do have a husband but took him a good 6mths to not be afraid to touch baby!)...but it all passes and now that ive been through it and know i can do this im alot more confident and relaxed about it all.
    U
    Hope everythinh going well for you all x

Congrats and welcome!

Hi Excited, welcome! How's the pregnancy going for you? Sounds like you had a big adjustment on your 1st. My 1st was a breeze, we both had some experience of babies and we both embraced the changes very quickly, it helped that he was a particularly good baby, very easy to feed and he was a good sleeper. We lived in the city so i could easily get out walking or to the shops, i had my mum close by and my husband could pop home for lunch. Looking back i had it easy.

My 2nd was a much harder baby (reflux etc. ) and i found it a huge adjustment, i felt more tied down with having a toddler as well, i was toilet training him so had all that going on. It was Winter, they were both sick a lot. We had moved to the countryside when my 1st was 10months so my husband's work day was much longer with the commute and there was no popping home. I didn't really know anyone either. Overall i felt quite lonely & isolated. I'm nervous of feeling the same this time but i've made a lot more friends near where we live since then thankfully and i'm already researching breastfeeding support groups and other parent & toddler activities. It will be Summertime too so i'm hoping overall it'll be a better experience although it'll be busy with 3 i know.
    All mums want to do the best by their baby and no matter what way you choose to feed them that is the most important thing. In some cases it ends up being formula vs breastfeeding mums but really all mums should just be supporting each other as mums, we all love our babies and all mums can help each other......spread the love lol

This is so so true and can't be said enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I've been really itchy all over yesterday and today too - tfak is it just in the third trimester that that can be a sign of liver problems? I know some itching is normal but it's getting more uncomfortable so I just want to keep an eye on it, especially as I've been feeling unwell in general today too. I remember being vaguely itchy on my bump last time but not anywhere else

Itchy all over is not generally a sign of liver problems, usually the itching is on the hands and feet and very bad at night time. If it continues I would certainly be going to the GP for fasting bile acids, I remember you saying you had a good GP, you could mention it at your next clinic appointment in the hospital but it would mean going back early the next morning for the bloods.

I finished my four nights this morning, really tired but have a few days off work now. Going to a show in Vicar St tonight that i am MEGA excited about!

Ooh, sounds lovely tfak. So nice to have things to look forward to!

My itchiness is better today but I will say it to the doctor at my next appointment. My next app is with the hospital in 2 weeks not my GP but if it keeps on happening I think I'll go to my gp to get it checked out anyway, otherwise I won't be seeing him for another 6 weeks or so. He is very good, he doesn't charge you for appointments to do with your pregnancy even if they're extra ones to your normal antenatal ones that the HSE pay for.

I' really starting to struggle now being pregnant and having a toddler - lifting him and chasing him around gets tougher every day. I dread to think how bad it will be nearer the end :( I'm starting to get worried about having a newborn and him. He's just mad so makes everything difficult for me, he constantly runs off and if you're holding him he fights you to get down so he can run off. Today at the playground a big group of mums came in together but some of them were being really slow. The first mum held the gate open for the others so it was held open for ages and of course himself saw his chance and ran out the gate and down the street with me sprinting after him (it was a bit irresponsible of the mum to keep the gate open for so long with so many toddlers around tbh). He is just so fast. I can only hope he matures and calms down in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ooh, sounds lovely tfak. So nice to have things to look forward to!

My itchiness is better today but I will say it to the doctor at my next appointment. My next app is with the hospital in 2 weeks not my GP but if it keeps on happening I think I'll go to my gp to get it checked out anyway, otherwise I won't be seeing him for another 6 weeks or so. He is very good, he doesn't charge you for appointments to do with your pregnancy even if they're extra ones to your normal antenatal ones that the HSE pay for.

I' really starting to struggle now being pregnant and having a toddler - lifting him and chasing him around gets tougher every day. I dread to think how bad it will be nearer the end :( I'm starting to get worried about having a newborn and him. He's just mad so makes everything difficult for me, he constantly runs off and if you're holding him he fights you to get down so he can run off. Today at the playground a big group of mums came in together but some of them were being really slow. The first mum held the gate open for the others so it was held open for ages and of course himself saw his chance and ran out the gate and down the street with me sprinting after him (it was a bit irresponsible of the mum to keep the gate open for so long with so many toddlers around tbh). He is just so fast. I can only hope he matures and calms down in the next few months.

Oh Woshy, I hear you on the worries of a mad toddler and a newborn. My little girl will be 20 months when this one arrives. She is already so fast and fearless. I can only see being quicker and more reckless!! Am still relatively able for the chasing and lifting bar the days when my pelvic pain is giving me trouble but I'm already way bigger this time round than I was at this stage with her. I brought her to a shopping centre on Saturday and all she wanted to be doing was getting out of the buggy and running off. I was nearly fit for bed by the time I got her home!!

Between work and trying to make sure herself is getting quality time when I get home, I'm wrecked in the evenings. I can only imagine what I'll be like in a couple of months.

Mine will be 23 months when this one arrives so we'll have similar enough age gap Roesy. I've been told it does start to get better around 2-2.5 years because they mature and start to understand that you have to stay near mummy or there's consequences (being taken home/out back in the buggy) and that it's not safe to run off into traffic etc. I can only hope that's true or I'm in serious trouble!

At least I'm not at work as well, you must be wrecked Roesy!

Funnily enough - I saw some of the girls from by breastfeeding support group on Saturday. Out of the ten of us that have stayed friends six of us are pregnant again. I guess 2ish years is just a pretty common age gap :)

Woshy you poor thing! How are you feelin now? I'm back in the men's. Antibiotics finally started working and my chest is clear but my sinus not so much. I used to suffer really badly with them so I have a nasal rinse here which has helped loads!

Has the Kildare meet up ever happened by the way?

Interesting bbc article!

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31046144

I wonder how many of us will go on our due date?

Last time my due date was 17th June, then after my scan at 21 weeks it was changed to the 24th June. I was raging! Then my baba arrived on 17th June after all - so it was considered that I'd had him at 39 weeks. Just goes to show they come when they feel like it :)

Woshy you poor thing! How are you feelin now? I'm back in the men's. Antibiotics finally started working and my chest is clear but my sinus not so much. I used to suffer really badly with them so I have a nasal rinse here which has helped loads!

Sucks about the sinuses, I had heard pregnancy aggravates sinus problems. Hope the rinse continues to help.

I'm feeling a bit better - less puking anyway!

Interesting bbc article!

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31046144

I wonder how many of us will go on our due date?

Last time my due date was 17th June, then after my scan at 21 weeks it was changed to the 24th June. I was raging! Then my baba arrived on 17th June after all - so it was considered that I'd had him at 39 weeks. Just goes to show they come when they feel like it :)

My 1st was 1 day late and my 2nd was 1 day early! So i reckon this one will be on the day.

They were both really only a few hours out if you took in the time of the day they were born at, they were both within 5hrs of being born on their due date! The due date was based on me knowing when i ovulated and the early (pre-12 week) scans which are supposed to be the most accurate. I would say you had a due date baby to be honest.

• Advertisement

ariana` wrote: »
    My 1st was 1 day late and my 2nd was 1 day early! So i reckon this one will be on the day.

They were both really only a few hours out if you took in the time of the day they were born at, they were both within 5hrs of being born on their due date! The due date was based on me knowing when i ovulated and the early (pre-12 week) scans which are supposed to be the most accurate. I would say you had a due date baby to be honest.

That's what I thought at the time but I had an 8 week early private scan last time and that showed I was dating a week early too - that's why the hospital changed my due date at 21 weeks because both scans showed my dates were out, not just one. So now, after having numerous early scans this time (when I was hospitalised) that showed my dates are accurate I think last time they were right!

Advertisement