Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Woshy wrote: »
    Yep, gotta get them boobs out fast if you have a hungry baby :)

I actually found just normal tops/t-shirts worked fine, I just pulled them up but it does put your flabby post partum belly on show a bit which isn't fun (although I have seen little belly band things to cover that area up if you're breastfeeding which I may invest in) I have some nursing tops I've dug out too anyway :)

I used to wear a string vest under normal t-shirts/tops - pull the top up and the vest down under the boob and then once the baby's latched there's nothing on show. I bought a tonne of string vests in Penneys in various colours. There's also breast vests but they're a bit of a splurge (http://www.breastvest.co.uk/). To be honest i found most proper nursing clothes a bit fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Yeah, I was going to say a vest top would work well, one up, one down. Boobs your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Ha ha - boobs your uncle :D

I had my dietician's appointment this morning. I'm almost back at my pre-pregnancy weight so she was happy with my progress. Go me! I've been advised to keep taking the hyperemesis drugs though so I've had my prescription refilled. She said 25-35 weeks the baby puts on its fat so it's important to keep the calories coming in - hopefully we can reduce the puking even more if I keep myself drugged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ha ha - boobs your uncle :D

I had my dietician's appointment this morning. I'm almost back at my pre-pregnancy weight so she was happy with my progress. Go me! I've been advised to keep taking the hyperemesis drugs though so I've had my prescription refilled. She said 25-35 weeks the baby puts on its fat so it's important to keep the calories coming in - hopefully we can reduce the puking even more if I keep myself drugged :)

Literally in the last few minutes from reading online it's dawned on me that maybe that's why I've been a horrific scavenger for the past few days :o I thought I was just being greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Literally in the last few minutes from reading online it's dawned on me that maybe that's why I've been a horrific scavenger for the past few days :o I thought I was just being greedy!

Tell me about it... I practically ate two lunches yday at around 2pm and then had a big dinner at 6:30 last night! This evening I've just devoured about twice as much food as I'd usually eat.... I was always a "little but often " kinda girl when it came to food but now it's just "lots as often as possible!"lol... sigh...

I thought I had a nice little bump last week but my God - it's def "popped" in the last two days - I get what that means now...lol.

• Advertisement

Blueberry i'm huge. I've done this before and i know i'm going to get a lot bigger but still i look at myself these days and wonder where it's going to go. I actually cried on hubby's shoulder 2 evenings ago cos i just felt so big and uncomfortable and i was thinking of the 4mths ahead. I didn't sleep a wink last night, both of the other kids took at turn at waking up, one at around 2am and the other around 5am, and in between baby was doing summersaults, in work now struggling to keep my eyes open & feeling very sorry for myself :(

That's tough Ariana :( at least it's Friday and hopefully you're husband can take the kids and give you a break over the weekend. It's tough being pregnant when you have other kids to look after. It's definitely physically tougher for me this time - especially given I'm still sick too.

My little boy had me up at 4.30am - he went back asleep quickly enough but I just couldn't get back asleep myself. Baby was kicking and I couldn't get comfortable. I've just put him down for a remarkably early nap because he was being señor crankypants but I can hear him chatting to his teddies up there so we'll see if he gives me a rest now. Hope the day goes quick for you!

I hope he sleeps for you Woshy and you get a rest. I couldn't cope if i was sick as well, i'd have to be committed i'd say ;) Mine are mostly good sleepers in fairness. The older guy wakes to go to the toilet and for some reason he seems to feel the need to come and tell us when he does, sigh!

ariana` wrote: »
    I hope he sleeps for you Woshy and you get a rest. I couldn't cope if i was sick as well, i'd have to be committed i'd say ;) Mine are mostly good sleepers in fairness. The older guy wakes to go to the toilet and for some reason he seems to feel the need to come and tell us when he does, sigh!

That's co cute! He's all proud of himself :)

My little boy is fairly good, he'd only have me up once a week I'd say and would rarely wake before 8am. He was a terrible sleeper until he was about 8/9 months though until I gave in and sleep trained him. I'm hoping baby number 2 is better - they were a tough few months!

That's co cute! He's all proud of himself :)

My little boy is fairly good, he'd only have me up once a week I'd say and would rarely wake before 8am. He was a terrible sleeper until he was about 8/9 months though until I gave in and sleep trained him. I'm hoping baby number 2 is better - they were a tough few months!

My 1st was a good sleeper from the begining. 2nd was a nightmare for 14mths and then at 14mth to the day literally he suddenly started sleeping through and now he's a trooper. He's the type that even when he's awake he could chill out in his cot for another hour and you would just hear the odd bit of chat from him. The 1st is still good to sleep but the second he's awake he's up and that's it, there's no convincing him to snuggle back down for a while like the other lad. Sure they're all different and they'll all test us in different ways and at different stages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I can't imagine being pregnant and having other kids, I can sleep when I want and am still exhausted!

I can't imagine being pregnant and having other kids, I can sleep when I want and am still exhausted!

Lol angeldelight i remember that too from my 1st. Enjoy it is all i can say ;)
    But i have to say i didn't find the tiredness to be as debilitating on the 2nd or the 3rd (not yet anyhow). Maybe it's a little bit easier when your body has done it before :confused:

And it's great to see the dad's really come into their own in terms of helping, my husband just seems to know the evenings that i'm not able for the kids and he takes over, he's a trooper :)

ariana` wrote: »
    Lol angeldelight i remember that too from my 1st. Enjoy it is all i can say ;)
    But i have to say i didn't find the tiredness to be as debilitating on the 2nd or the 3rd (not yet anyhow). Maybe it's a little bit easier when your body has done it before :confused:

And it's great to see the dad's really come into their own in terms of helping, my husband just seems to know the evenings that i'm not able for the kids and he takes over, he's a trooper :)

I can totally see this baby being at least 4 before we go again haha

Hav- that sounds familiar. I swore I was waiting years to have a second. Now look at me!

When baby #1 was 5 months my hubby announced that whenever i wanted he was ready to have another :pac: easy for him to say :rolleyes: i was shocked when he said it but a day later i was 100% on board, as it happens it took a lot longer to concieve and i ended up regretting wasting those 5 months :rolleyes:

Hehe interesting! Will see how we get on with number one anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I haven't a notion of even considering it for at least 2-3 years, I don't want to be pregnant again any time soon, and as I'm self employed I wouldn't be eligible for benefit for another two years anyway. There is no way I could mind two and go back to work asap, not a chance! Luckily time is on my side, maybe not so much on my slightly older husband's side!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My husband was 'joking' about another after 6 weeks :D We waited until 6 months and conceived when she was 11 months.

Meant to ask earlier, did the FB group get off the ground?

Not yet - I was going to set it up soon. I'll just need people to pm me their fb users names so I can add them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Ah girls ye gave me a right giggle :D as I keep telling my oh, one is enough. If I have my way I'll only be doing this once!! It's not something I want to experience again :D

Had my anomaly scan this week. I am shattered after it as I was so worried and tired myself out. Was great to see baby and get some lovely pictures, but unfortunately we have to go back in 2 weeks for a foetal cardiac scan to check the baby's hear chambers. Nothing to worry about yet and the heartbeat was so strong and loud and everything else was spot on :) im actually just really, really sore after it - I feel bruised! And at least I'll get to see the baby again very soon which will be great :D

Allirog wrote: »
    Ah girls ye gave me a right giggle :D as I keep telling my oh, one is enough. If I have my way I'll only be doing this once!! It's not something I want to experience again :D

Had my anomaly scan this week. I am shattered after it as I was so worried and tired myself out. Was great to see baby and get some lovely pictures, but unfortunately we have to go back in 2 weeks for a foetal cardiac scan to check the baby's hear chambers. Nothing to worry about yet and the heartbeat was so strong and loud and everything else was spot on :) im actually just really, really sore after it - I feel bruised! And at least I'll get to see the baby again very soon which will be great :D

I was like that, I felt like the doctor was trying to burrow into my womb she was pressing so hard! I was squeezing hubby's hand so hard he is now dreading labour :D HE is dreading labour! Cheek!

That's great they're being so thorough Allirog - they're probably just being extra cautious and double checking. Nice you will see the baby again :)

My tiredness has really kicked in after being up last night. Is 7pm too early to go to bed? :D

Angel delight - you're husband is on dangerous territory there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I was like that, I felt like the doctor was trying to burrow into my womb she was pressing so hard! I was squeezing hubby's hand so hard he is now dreading labour :D HE is dreading labour! Cheek!

Yea I swear I feel like I went through a spar in a boxing ring now. It even hurts walking down the stairs!! :D

That's great they're being so thorough Allirog - they're probably just being extra cautious and double checking. Nice you will see the baby again :)

My tiredness has really kicked in after being up last night. Is 7pm too early to go to bed? :D

Angel delight - you're husband is on dangerous territory there!
    that's it woshy, they are being so thorough I just can't fault them. They're amazing!!

Awe I know how u feel!! I struggle to stay up till 9 these days!!

How are you feeling now? What time does your little boy go to bed?

He goes to bed about 8.30pm usually but once I've cooked dinner I'm off duty for the night. Bath and bed duties are Daddy's :)

we're all lying in bed now (including the cat!) watching a programme about penguins. Funny how this is my ideal Friday night these days!

Not yet - I was going to set it up soon. I'll just need people to pm me their fb users names so I can add them :)

Woshy, I'd love to join the Facebook page if you end up setting it up. There's still a question mark over my dates. One gives me June 30th, one gives me July 2nd so I suppose I'd get in on a technicality :D

Roesy wrote: »
    Woshy, I'd love to join the Facebook page if you end up setting it up. There's still a question mark over my dates. One gives me June 30th, one gives me July 2nd so I suppose I'd get in on a technicality :D

Well, my due date is 29th May so I'm in the same boat :D

Sure, I'll set it up over the weekend and then let people know to pm me. I'm already friends with Allirog on fb so I can start there :)

Well, my due date is 29th May so I'm in the same boat :D

Sure, I'll set it up over the weekend and then let people know to pm me. I'm already friends with Allirog on fb so I can start there :)

Did you go over on your first? I was induced at 10 days over with mine so I'm fully expecting to go into July.

Roesy wrote: »
    Did you go over on your first? I was induced at 10 days over with mine so I'm fully expecting to go into July.

No I went a week early! Fingers crossed that happens again. It was awesome :)

My cycles are irregular so when I worked out my original due date at the beginning of this thread I thought it might get changed to be later (so in June) as that happened last time but I've had quite a few scans showing my dates are accurate this time so I may get a May baby

My friend has two kids (with a third on the way) and had to be induced both times so far - she thinks some women are just like that so is expecting it for her third :) hopefully you'll go yourself this time!

• Advertisement

No I went a week early! Fingers crossed that happens again. It was awesome :)

My cycles are irregular so when I worked out my original due date at the beginning of this thread I thought it might get changed to be later (so in June) as that happened last time but I've had quite a few scans showing my dates are accurate this time so I may get a May baby

My friend has two kids (with a third on the way) and had to be induced both times so far - she thinks some women are just like that so is expecting it for her third :) hopefully you'll go yourself this time!

Lucky! To be honest the idea of being induced again doesn't bother me hugely but I'd much prefer to go on time and by myself. I'd love to experience the excitement of labour starting itself even though having a smallie at home to sort out before worrying about getting to the hospital. Also, if you have an induced labour you are considered high risk. I'd love to have used the birthing pool for some of the labour last time but couldn't because of that. I had to make do with a bath and hopping in and out of the shower.

Advertisement