Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Sure, you never know what will happen! Will be interesting to see. My waters broke last time and I went into (a quick!) labour myself a couple of hours later. Pretty much exactit what you want to happen!

The shower was more effective than I thought though in hindsight, I didn't expect it to help at all but it did! It'd be great if you got to try the birthing pool.

Ok, the due June 2015 baby mamas fb group has been set up. If anyone from the thread wants to join just send me a pm :) it's a secret, closed group so it can't be found by searching and nobody but members can see your posts in it or even that it exists.

Allirog I had to choose one name to add in order to set up the group so I added you. You can just decline if you don't want to partake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woshy wrote: »
    Sure, you never know what will happen! Will be interesting to see. My waters broke last time and I went into (a quick!) labour myself a couple of hours later. Pretty much exactit what you want to happen!

The shower was more effective than I thought though in hindsight, I didn't expect it to help at all but it did! It'd be great if you got to try the birthing pool.

Ok, the due June 2015 baby mamas fb group has been set up. If anyone from the thread wants to join just send me a pm :) it's a secret, closed group so it can't be found by searching and nobody but members can see your posts in it or even that it exists.

Allirog I had to choose one name to add in order to set up the group so I added you. You can just decline if you don't want to partake :)

Sending PM now - I'm a complete interloper as due at beginning of May but would still love to join in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

No problem at all Woshy, I'll go check it now!!

I'm due june 11th but my sisters have 5 between them and they went early on them all and my mum was early on the 3 of us so I'm hoping I can stick to the trend :D

Allirog wrote: »
    No problem at all Woshy, I'll go check it now!!

I'm due june 11th but my sisters have 5 between them and they went early on them all and my mum was early on the 3 of us so I'm hoping I can stick to the trend :D

That's a pretty good track record for you - fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Sending PM now - I'm a complete interloper as due at beginning of May but would still love to join in!

Me too, due in July but would love to join. The July thread is so quiet!

• Advertisement

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Will send you a PM now Woshy, thanks for setting it up! Glad to hear it's totally private, I am avoiding social media in relation to pregnancy things until a photo of me ends up there!

Alirog don't get too worried about the repeat scan, sometimes baby can be in a funny position and doesn't allow for a full view of the heart, as you said yourself, they just want to be thorough.

Had a bananas day at work, lots and lots of running around! Wrecked after it and back up at 05.30am tomorrow for another 13 hours!

Hope you girls sleep better tonight, I hope it's not famous last words, I've been sleeping fairly ok so far, still sleeping flat on my front which is great!

Yeah, great to have it completely private. The June 2013 one we set up we discuss all sorts! Getting it all sorted has kept me occupied tonight while watching TV anyway :)

That's great you can still sleep on your front - I bought a body pillow yesterday (he is also called Cedric) and it has helped.

Thanks Tfak for the reassurance. That makes sense because the sonographer kept tapping my belly (quite hard) with the scanner to try and get the baby to move a bit but he wasn't having any of it :)

God there's no way I'd be able to sleep on my front, I actually find it hard to sleep on my side as it is and on my back is a no no! Ah the joys :D

Woshy, Id be lost without my body pillow. Without a doubt that was one of my best pregnancy related purchases to date :D

Girls, I just have a quick query. I have tickets to a gig the end of this month that I bought way before becoming pregnant and I'll be 25 weeks at the time but I'm just wondering would it be ok to go? I'm thinking more about how loud it would be and would it be safe for the baby's developing ears etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Hi Allirog! I'm no expert but imagine going to a concert will be absolutely fine. I went to a Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert with my sister when she was 7 months pregnant, and I'll be taking my bump along to Take That 6 weeks before my due date! I remember my sister saying the baby moved a lot like it was rocking out and enjoying itself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

It'd be fine Allirog. Babies are insulated in fluid which muffles sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Me too, due in July but would love to join. The July thread is so quiet!

It is a super quiet thread, isn't it? I actually feel bad posting too much, just feel like I am annoying the others who hardly ever post! ;)

What gig are you off to Allirog? I bet the baba will love it :)

I think today my husband is getting the million bags of baby clothes down from the attic for me to go through. It should be interesting!

I only have three things on my list to buy for the baby, a new breastfeeding pillow (mine got thrown out due to being manky), a new baby monitor and the seat to convert the buggy to a double. I met friends for coffee yesterday and one is going to lend me a pillow and the other an angelcare monitor. Yay! The less I have to purchase the better :)

It is a super quiet thread, isn't it? I actually feel bad posting too much, just feel like I am annoying the others who hardly ever post! ;)

You're welcome to join the fb group if you would like. At the moment the due dates range from the beginning of May to the middle of July :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

I know, sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself on that thread! :)

thanks ladies!! Think I'll go along so :)

What gig are you off to Allirog? I bet the baba will love it :)

I think today my husband is getting the million bags of baby clothes down from the attic for me to go through. It should be interesting!
    The gig is The Kooks :D I'm really looking forward to it too :D

Oh good luck with your clothes sorting!! Id say that'll be brill when you start seeing the earlier bits and bobs that you forgot you had :)

thanks ladies!! Think I'll go along so :)

The gig is The Kooks :D I'm really looking forward to it too :D

Oh good luck with your clothes sorting!! Id say that'll be brill when you start seeing the earlier bits and bobs that you forgot you had :)

I'm afraid I might get emotional and cry at all his little outfits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Hi girls. I would love to join your Facebook group....but I'm one of the few people in the world who's not on Facebook :) I stopped using it a few years ago and I'm not going back.
    Hopefully you will all still use this thread too so I'm not on my own :)

@woshy, how was it???

@witty, awe I don't think we've any intention of stopping posting here don't worry!! :)

I had a lovely day. My oh was working so I got our dog groomed, earned the house, did some grocery shopping and I had a friend over for tea and chocolate and it was just lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

You're welcome to join the fb group if you would like. At the moment the due dates range from the beginning of May to the middle of July :)

Thanks!! It does sound a bit more interesting!! We can compare bumps! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Ha.... had to post my dh made me laugh earlier - I thought of u guys as soon as he said it, he was talking about how excited he was about bubs coming along etc and then said "and sure maybe this time next year we'll have another due date to look forward to"... Ha! Told him to give me a chance and we'll take it one at a time!lol

Of course you'll be fine to go to the gig Alirog! We went to see Slipknot when I was 18 weeks, I went to see Straight No Chaser last week, going to Interpol next week and have tickets to see Idina Menzel when I'm 40+3!!!

My hubby is in a band and they are playing a festival which I'm dying to go to but it's four days before I'm due and I think it's just cruel to make a heavily pregnant woman use a port-a-loo so I'll be skipping it.

I wouldn't be one bit worried about babys ears! Just don't get into the mosh pit - I gave up all that standing at gigs lark a few years ago anyway, seated tickets all the way!

Love the FB group girls, dreamt I met a load of you in Blanchardstown centre last night but I had to get a boat there!

Ha.... had to post my dh made me laugh earlier - I thought of u guys as soon as he said it, he was talking about how excited he was about bubs coming along etc and then said "and sure maybe this time next year we'll have another due date to look forward to"... Ha! Told him to give me a chance and we'll take it one at a time!lol

Ha! Wait until he's had a few months of sleepless nights and he might not be so keen - you've done all the work so far!
    tfak85 wrote: »

Love the FB group girls, dreamt I met a load of you in Blanchardstown centre last night but I had to get a boat there!

pregnancy dreams are so weird - it's crazy what your hormone addled brain comes up with :)

We were out tonight for a much needed adult night off - we went for a lovely dinner with friends and my parents babysat. We arrived home to a hysterical toddler clutching his ears so it looks like those canines are cutting. He never wakes up this early but he's up for the last two hours. Our lovely adult evening has ended with us all watching Peppa Pig in bed. I think it'll be a long night. Fecking teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I think a gig would be fine too. I was supposed to go Bruce Springsteen at 30 weeks last time I was pregnant but fell a couple of days beforehand and was sore still and not able for the full day of standing. Its funny though, my little girl used react big time to noise, she'd go jumping mad. Was very odd! I thought it was coincidence the first time it happened when I walked past a dj and speakers when I was about 28 weeks but the same thing happened when a friend of ours was demonstrating the sound on his home cinema system and turned it up to its house shaking fullest a couple of weeks later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Agh, hope the night wasn't too bad Woshy. We're in the middle of molars here and one of her canines, poor baby. I'm almost afraid to write it but when she's teething badly she is usually like a demon during the day but rarely wakes at night for them.

tfak85 wrote: »

Ha - I dreamt about meeting up too! I just couldn't get my head around ppls "real" names and insisting calling you all tfak, woshy etc - you guys didn't like that and got angry at poor blueberry....lol.

Tfak - sorry now - quick work question again sorry - how far over do olol let you go? My neighbour wants to set up a bet on arrival day - but I want to give her cut off date so if I'm due 12 - what's likely to be latest day?

Thanks ladies!! I'm definitely going to go to the gig now!! Woohoo :D

Ye are gas with your dreams :)

Oh Tfak Id love to know the same for the coombe? How long do they let you over?

You can call me woshy as long as you want!!

Baba was up hysterical all night, I've never seen him so bad. Not a wink of sleep was had and we're at the hospital now at the out of hours GP. The joys of parenthood!

You can call me woshy as long as you want!!

That's not what you said last night!!!lol.

Hope the little lad makes a speedy recovery....

• Advertisement

Tfak - sorry now - quick work question again sorry - how far over do olol let you go? My neighbour wants to set up a bet on arrival day - but I want to give her cut off date so if I'm due 12 - what's likely to be latest day?

I don't know the policy in OLOL, generally the hospitals bring you in between T+10 and T+14, you will have a say in it. Starting the process before T+10 for a non medical reason may reduce the chances of the induction working i.e. you could end up having four doses of gel which would take about 48hours, your cervix wont change and you'll have a section, when all is well I would advise anyone to wait until at least ten days over to start.
    Oh Tfak Id love to know the same for the coombe? How long do they let you over?

Generally speaking an induction will start on the night that you are ten days over. For myself I don't want an induction started until I'm twelve days over, I want to give my body as much of a chance as possible, pregnancy can last up to 42 full weeks and once you're happy with the pattern of fetal movements that's fine.

Advertisement