Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

tfak85 wrote: »
    I don't know the policy in OLOL, generally the hospitals bring you in between T+10 and T+14, you will have a say in it. Starting the process before T+10 for a non medical reason may reduce the chances of the induction working i.e. you could end up having four doses of gel which would take about 48hours, your cervix wont change and you'll have a section, when all is well I would advise anyone to wait until at least ten days over to start.

Generally speaking an induction will start on the night that you are ten days over. For myself I don't want an induction started until I'm twelve days over, I want to give my body as much of a chance as possible, pregnancy can last up to 42 full weeks and once you're happy with the pattern of fetal movements that's fine.

Sorry tfak - I thought (for some unknown reason) that I worked in olol? Sorry. Thanks for the info anyway. Ppl are guessing day the 25th but if my due date is the 12th - this is unlikely. They were basing their guesses on the 21at due date...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Baba has a v nasty ear infection :( it's going to be a tough few days for us all. I don't foresee much sleep which will not be good for my puking, the bad night last night already has me sick. Still, just got to get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Oh no Woshy, the poor little mite :( hopefully his meds will kick in very soon and he'll be right as rain before you know it!!

We're having a very lazy day here today which is really nice. We were supposed to go out for dinner but I cancelled the table so we'll go next weekend instead. WE have movies and doggy snuggles on the couch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Ladies, I must share.... my hubby felt his first kick this morning! Absolutely delighted for him as I think he's been feeling a little left out. I was told at the anatomy scan that my placenta is low lying and anterior (to the front) so acting like a cushion. I'm not feeling a huge amount of kicks and very few are big enough to be felt externally so I was over the moon for hubby this morning :)

Awe fifi that's amazing!!! I bet that was fabulous and I can't wait for it too. I haven't felt any kicks at all yet but I'm really hoping that soon I will. I know it'll take longer for me because I carry extra weight but I'm so glad we bought a Doppler because it's really such a relief :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Ladies, I must share.... my hubby felt his first kick this morning! Absolutely delighted for him as I think he's been feeling a little left out. I was told at the anatomy scan that my placenta is low lying and anterior (to the front) so acting like a cushion. I'm not feeling a huge amount of kicks and very few are big enough to be felt externally so I was over the moon for hubby this morning :)

Aww it's the best feeling isn't it! I absolutely love seeing hubby's face when he feels a kick, even more than when I feel them myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Aww it's the best feeling isn't it! I absolutely love seeing hubby's face when he feels a kick, even more than when I feel them myself!

Ha, this reminds me of when my husband finally felt one of the massive lurches I was suffering through one day, he basically made a "bleurgh" noise, yanked his hand away and said "ok I don't want to feel that anymore" :P I got GREAT sympathies for putting up with such weird huge movements :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hope the poor little man feels better soon Woshy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Hope the little guy feels better soon Woshy!

I have been feeling random movements over the last week or so. Last night my hubby had to do some overtime and got in at 4am, I was awake when he got in and the lentil was moving loads, non stop massive movements for over an hour, it was mad! He's been able to feel the movements over the last week too, which is nice.

That's lovely tfak! My little boy is a lot better, he basically slept through last night and is running around playing with his toys now - they're resilient little things really. Just need to keep up with the painkillers. I've been a bit pukey but the sleep last night means it could be worse.

Hope everyone is feeling well, I'm feeling very big at the moment, like I'm really poking out at the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Glad you & your little man had a better night last night, they are very resilient creatures alright thankfully.

I'm feeling pretty big now too, i was huffing & puffing putting on my socks & shoes this morning, bit soon for that i thought. At least in May when things get really bad we should be able to wear pumps a lot with no need for socks.

Girls anyone else hungry every hour? I literally can't seem to go more than 1-2hrs without food. I'm trying to snack healthy, maybe a small handful of nuts or a piece of fruit, but it's getting annoying having to plan ahead for at least 5 snacks at work as well as my lunch! But my tummy is literally growling out loud if i don't give it food very regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

ariana` wrote: »
    Girls anyone else hungry every hour? I literally can't seem to go more than 1-2hrs without food. I'm trying to snack healthy, maybe a small handful of nuts or a piece of fruit, but it's getting annoying having to plan ahead for at least 5 snacks at work as well as my lunch! But my tummy is literally growling out loud if i don't give it food very regularly.

I've been eating like a horse since day 1! And it's got to the stage now where if I'm late having lunch for whatever reason the baby gets a bit fidgety as if its looking for food (just like daddy!).

ariana` wrote: »

This! I am STARVING all the time. I'm up 3 hours and have had cereal, banana, mandarins, loads of bread and cheese...

Oh thank goodness i'm not the only one. I'm piling on pounds and baby is measuring big so i'm really trying to watch what i eat but it's hard when tummy is literally growling out loud if i don't eat nearly every hour. I just trying to keep to healthy things but it's still all calories.

The dietician gave me some good info about eating in the second and third trimester I could post up if you like? I have to force myself to eat unfortunately but that's only because I'm still sick - I just have to be special :D

Woshy wrote: »
    The dietician gave me some good info about eating in the second and third trimester I could post up if you like? I have to force myself to eat unfortunately but that's only because I'm still sick - I just have to be special :D

That would be great if you don't mind, thanks Woshy :)

Yes please... Although Inhave a feeling I won't like it as pancakes and donuts are unlikely to feature

Yes please... Although Inhave a feeling I won't like it as pancakes and donuts are unlikely to feature

:D

Ok, here is the info she gave me - I just took a photo on my iPad so hope you can read it

• Advertisement

And second page and sadly donuts are not on it!

I have some info on iron as well as I suffered from anaemia in my last pregnancy and not eating much for the last few months has probably left it low again.

Ok, here is the info she gave me - I just took a photo on my iPad so hope you can read it

Can read it perfectly thanks ;)

I'm eating a lot of peanut butter on white toast with banana as it fills me without making me feel sick. I felt a bit bad for all the bread etc but the dietician was approving! She said not the worst way to get calories in. I still find it weird to think about getting enough calories in instead of worrying I'm being a heifer and eating too many!

I'm actually not too bad with regards the hunger. My appetite has reduced massively which is nice so I'm definitely not eating what I would have thought I'd want to eat. I am drinking lots of fluids and I'm peeing a lot but I'm snacking on as much fruit as possible. Bread is my savour and I'm eating more of that than usual but I don't really mind. I don't have a taste for sweet things really so that's good!! I am feeling very 'bumpy' at the moment though like proper pregnant bumpy :eek: :D

Allirog wrote: »
    I'm actually not too bad with regards the hunger. My appetite has reduced massively which is nice so I'm definitely not eating what I would have thought I'd want to eat. I am drinking lots of fluids and I'm peeing a lot but I'm snacking on as much fruit as possible. Bread is my savour and I'm eating more of that than usual but I don't really mind. I don't have a taste for sweet things really so that's good!! I am feeling very 'bumpy' at the moment though like proper pregnant bumpy :eek: :D

Allirog i'm envious of you! Only thing going for me is that i'm still exercising quite a bit - running & walking, just back at my desk now after a 30min lunch time power walk. I'm still piling on lbs though, as is baby it seems (well for the baby its probably more like piling on the grams).

Thanks Woshy for those sheets. I love peanut butter & banana together, i usually put them on crackers or rice crackers, yummy! Peanut butter & apple go good together as well - i just dip sticks of apple into the peanut butter ;)

I'll have to try the apple thing - I'm not a big fruit eater (would always prefer vegetables) so it would be good!

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling a bit big - I just noticed last night some things were a little bit harder to do then before - and I have another 15 weeks to go :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I LOVE apple and peanut butter, great snack. I'm constantly starving so have been eating loads of wholegrain (I don't eat/like white) toast with a bit of Nutella and banana, apples, loads of low fat milk, bowls of bran flakes (not the greatest but not the worst), and carrots and hummus. Seem to be good options for keeping me from starving, didn't think it was possible to eat so much! But I'm perfectly within the weight guidelines so must've hit on some good options!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

I can't stop eating.... I always had a "little but often" appetite but nowadays I just can't stop eating..... even my dad commented on it - apparently I'm "eating like a horse".... I'm snacking in nuts, fruit, rice cakes etc.... I'm also SO thirsty! I wake up every night/morning and feel like I've been drinking for a week straight!lol. The joys....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I am constantly thirsty too, cannot drink enough water, sick of running to the loo too!

Food wise I'm doing ok, trying my best to avoid sugar and treats, it's hard because I'm literally craving juice every single day, I'm having one green juice about every three weeks, when I just can't last any longer! I'm all about carrots and hummus, love peanut butter (glad to hear not everyone is avoiding it), my husband bought me a jar of nutella the other day and it's hard to stay away from it! I have also been craving a donut for over two weeks now, getting desperate now!

• Advertisement

I love peanut butter too!! Must try it with Apple. I also love hummus so must get some of that too to have with carrot batons. I actually make my own granola and find that so handy for a snack to have on my desk at work.

I was at the airport this morning dropping my mum off and I got home at 4.30 and felt starving and all I wanted was corn flakes. Forced myself not to have them but think I may give in soon :)

Advertisement