Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm into coco pops at the moment. Terrible but it stops me puking in the morning so it's better than nothing :o

Gap have 25% off their full price styles at the moment and it includes maternity wear. Use SHOPGAP at checkout. It doesn't include baby stuff though sadly, I love the babygap stuff. It's on the small side with regards to fitting but any of the stuff I had for my little boy has kept really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Coco pops was my hangover food :D

I love gap!!! And Asda. My sister lives up north right beside Asda so she's going to get me stuff, and stock me up on gripe water :D

I've a day off today! I knew getting up in the middle of the night to go to the airport would kill me and it absolutely did! So yay for pyjama days :D

Enjoy your day off :) cocoa pops is a good hangover food so it's probably why it works well with the hyperemesis! My last pregnancy when I was a bit less sick I lived on cocoa pops and McDonald's - I tell my little boy that's what he is made of! This time even that didn't help much.

I love the Asda stuff too. It's only £5 for delivery so I order stuff regularly enough. I was looking at their newborn stuff last night and might do an order soon. My husband loves the men's stuff as well so we always get a little something for ourselves too!

£5 delivery? That's actually brilliant! I must have a look at their website so :)

Allirog wrote: »
    £5 delivery? That's actually brilliant! I must have a look at their website so :)

Yeah, the delivery time is fairly good too. Anytime I've ordered it's arrived earlier than they've stated. So handy if I need a few bits for the baba and don't want to (or can't) leave the house :) great prices too, especially as they grow out of stuff so quick

• Advertisement

I wonder how does deliver work if they don't get an answer? My problem is not being here mon to fri and I can't get deliveries to work because no one can ever find me in work! Lol

I wonder how does deliver work if they don't get an answer? My problem is not being here mon to fri and I can't get deliveries to work because no one can ever find me in work! Lol

Last delivery I got from them I was out and they left it at my side gate. They're might be a comment section where you can ask them to do something like that.

That's really good! I must try it out for good measure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Ooooh i forgot about Asda. My friend's partner is from up North and she got me some great baby clothes as gifts on my other 2, they wash really well and very cute. I'm actually going to the UK in April so i'll stock up then. I can't bring myself to shop yet anyhow but i'll be over 30wks then so i should be more relaxed about it. Not that i need much with having the 2 kids but every baby deserves something new right!!?? And the older kids will need some Summer clothes, shorts and stuff as well. I'll have to bring a spare suitcase, ooooh can't wait now!!

Happy to hear i'm not the only one with the serious nibbles going on but it seems like we're all being super healthy with our choices so that's the best we can do i think.

Just had a bowl of corn flakes with warm milk. Oh. Dear. God. Amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Warm milk! Gross! :p Has to be freezing cold or not at all!

Thankfully I wasn't looking for suggestions or opinions or my lunch would have been ruined :pac:

You're making me crave breakfast cereal here! I have porridge in the mornings and to be honest i don't think of having cereal through the day but right now i'd kill for a bowl of rice krispies or corn flakes (preferably the crumby bits at the bottom of the bag), mmmmmmm :D

Cereal is great - always settles my stomach and easy to prepare! Lots of porridge eating going on here too :)

Id be lost without my cereal, the selection here is great. Sometimes if my oh is working a late shift I don't bother cooking so I have cereal, it's a true life saver. And I have my weetabix every morning too! God bless routine :D

Id be lost without my cereal, the selection here is great. Sometimes if my oh is working a late shift I don't bother cooking so I have cereal, it's a true life saver. And I have my weetabix every morning too! God bless routine :D

Hmmm, making me wish my hubby would work late and i'd no kids to feed just so i could indulge myself :pac: It's one of the things i miss from pre-kids days, being able to have what just i feel like and when i feel like it but with kids you kind of have to give them proper meals at regular times :p

You're not selling this being a parent lark at all :pac:

You're not selling this being a parent lark at all :pac:

Oooops, lol, sorry! Ah don't worry, you get to ease into it over the first couple of years. I could probably still give my 2yo snack type meals instead of proper meals sometimes or i could feed him separately too but my 5yo questions everything and expects a b'fast, lunch, dinner and expects us to eat together and eat the same things... so you've plenty of time :D

I know Ariana - sometimes you just want everyone to have toast for dinner but I know if I don't cook a proper meal somebody will wake up hungry during the night!

He's still quite sick and very clingy and cranky. I'm going out of my mind with cabin fever here. Baby is v active the last few days too - starting to get alien belly. Am wrecked!

So I have 5 years to the build up :D hahaha

Woshy hope he starts perking up a little soon! You must be shattered and especially being ill yourself too

• Advertisement

Today was tough, yes! He's not usually clingy but today he was glued to me and all he wanted to do was watch tv cuddled into me. Meant I was stuck on the couch all day - I was bored out of my skull! Lots of online time was had anyway. It's probably good for me because I have been quite sick over the last couple of days.

He perked up when his Daddy got home so of course I look like I'm complaining over nothing! Still, hopefully that means he's on the mend. I'm going out tomorrow no matter what. Might go to h and m in dundrum and buy a few new baba things :)

Ah Woshy that's tough going. I hope today is better for you and your little man xx

Today has been better! Me and baba were both feeling better and my husband has been working from home. He let me go off to dundrum by myself and it was heaven! I got lots of bits for the new baby to replace the lost newborn babygros and it was fun buying pink stuff :o I did feel a bit weird not looking at the toddler boys clothes though. The amount of young babies being wheeled around was crazy, I forgot how much time I used to spend there when my little boy was small and stayed still!

Also the hospital had faxed the prescription through for my hyperemesis meds so I'll start them again tonight. They take a few days to work properly but hopefully there'll be less puking soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Woshy wrote: »
    Today has been better! Me and baba were both feeling better and my husband has been working from home. He let me go off to dundrum by myself and it was heaven! I got lots of bits for the new baby to replace the lost newborn babygros and it was fun buying pink stuff :o I did feel a bit weird not looking at the toddler boys clothes though. The amount of young babies being wheeled around was crazy, I forgot how much time I used to spend there when my little boy was small and stayed still!

Also the hospital had faxed the prescription through for my hyperemesis meds so I'll start them again tonight. They take a few days to work properly but hopefully there'll be less puking soon :)

Hooray for shopping!!

Quick question to those of you who already have kiddies... we're slowly working our way through the list of things to buy for bub and I was hoping to get some advice on baby monitors. Any recommendations? Any to steer clear of completely? Are video monitors worth the extra or just a novelty to drive myself mad with? HELP!!

I can't bring myself to think about prams etc just yet as that is way too bamboozling!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Quick question to those of you who already have kiddies... we're slowly working our way through the list of things to buy for bub and I was hoping to get some advice on baby monitors. Any recommendations? Any to steer clear of completely? Are video monitors worth the extra or just a novelty to drive myself mad with? HELP!!

I can't bring myself to think about prams etc just yet as that is way too bamboozling!

I haf a VTech one on my 1st, a gift from in-laws it was fine but died before the 2nd came along so I bought an Angelcare with the sensor mat, its great too & still working fine.

I babysat for my sis-in-law who has a video motorola monitor, I personally hated it cos I couldn't take my eyes off it but maybe thats cos it wasn't my own baby so I didn't relax. But to be honest I don't think video monitors are necessary in most cases, babies toss/turn a lot, we don't need to be watching them in their sleep. Just my opinion, I'm sure some people swear by them but I think they're a fad.

ariana` wrote: »
    I haf a VTech one on my 1st, a gift from in-laws it was fine but died before the 2nd came along so I bought an Angelcare with the sensor mat, its great too & still working fine.

I babysat for my sis-in-law who has a video motorola monitor, I personally hated it cos I couldn't take my eyes off it but maybe thats cos it wasn't my own baby so I didn't relax. But to be honest I don't think video monitors are necessary in most cases, babies toss/turn a lot, we don't need to be watching them in their sleep. Just my opinion, I'm sure some people swear by them but I think they're a fad.

Thanks for that! That's what I think too re video monitors and fear that having one would just invoke anxiety. I think we'll just be getting a decent audio monitor that doesn't get interference from wife or mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

A friend of ours gave us her angelcare sound and movement monitor when she was finished with it. We find it great. It's nearly 5 years old now and still working perfectly.

I have the angel monitor too and it is fantastic!! We love it :)

My boss asked me today to get my maternity forms into her asap so she can start getting my Replacement before I leave. Oh god the forms are horrible!! So confusing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My boss asked me today to get my maternity forms into her asap so she can start getting my Replacement before I leave. Oh god the forms are horrible!! So confusing!

I didn't find it too bad at all, but I'm self employed so maybe it's more straightforward than employed.

Advertisement