Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We were in an apartment when no one came along so we would on,y ever be in the next room so we got a less expensive one with just sound - a Tomy one. It was ok Abd did the job fine for the situation we were in but it died a few months ago. We're borrowing an angelcare one for this baba as we're in a house now with an upstairs and downstairs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Thanks for all the advice! Sounds like the angel care is the way to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I was mixing up the angelcare monitor with the angelsounds Doppler :o oops!! But I just had a look there and that monitor looks brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We went for Angelcare too... Even when baby is sleeping in our room I think the movement pad will give me a bit of reassurance, knowing of two babies who died of cot death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I think we'll just get a regular monitor, I don't see the point of a video one for us because we live in a bungalow and can easily pop in if there's a sound, my friend has one but her house is big and two storeys so makes sense to take a quick look at the screen jnstead of traipsing up at every sigh/babble/whatever. I don't want the movement pad because I will inevitably have a heart attack when it disconnects accidentally and goes off or when they hold their breath or move off it, I'd break my neck running along the house. The cradle will be inches from my face in bed for the first few months and naps will be in the room we're in so of all the things we've bought I'm not fussed on getting the monitor yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Totally agree about the Angel Care mat spottybananas, I think I'd drive myself cracked with it, I'd be afraid that I'd have it hooked up wrong or something. Really they are only for high risk babies, ex premmies and unwell babies, they were never intended for the general population.

I baby sat a baby that was on one, they lived in an apartment and the monitor was so sensitive that when someone upstairs walked it started transmitting the sound through the monitor, I kept thinking there was someone in the room with the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

tfak85 wrote: »
    I baby sat a baby that was on one, they lived in an apartment and the monitor was so sensitive that when someone upstairs walked it started transmitting the sound through the monitor, I kept thinking there was someone in the room with the baby.

I didn't think it's any more sensitive sound wise than any monitor to be honest but maybe it is. Ours is placed about 10 feet from the baby and we only ever hear what we want to hear ie. a cry or fit of coughing etc... We've the volume turned right down when we go to bed so we only get woken up if he's really upset or sick etc... i don't need to be listening to him every time he turns over :pac:

He's 27months now and the sensor mat has gone off twice where he managed to curl himself up into such a small ball in one corner of the cot that it couldn't sense his breathing. And if it's really a problem you can eventually disconnect the sensor mat and just use it as a sound monitor, i liked the sensor mat in the early weeks when the risk of cot death is highest. Having said that as i said we didn't have a sensor mat on the 1st born and was fine too but i'm not a worrier by nature anyhow.

Allirog wrote: »

My boss asked me today to get my maternity forms into her asap so she can start getting my Replacement before I leave. Oh god the forms are horrible!! So confusing!

Must do this too. Don't remember it being much problem from before but will see this time. When are you all planning to finish. I'm aiming for 22nd May which will give me most of 2 wks off if the baby comes on time. Is it a bad sign that that date is plastered in my brain much more firmly than my due date :pac: Still seems like a lifetime away though and if the bump keeps explanding at the rate it's been expanding i'll be miserable by then :(

I've got the social welfare form and the form for work and it's just mind boggling because both are different but ultimately require the same info. Because I will get my full, normal salary from work it's just a lot more questions that payslips give the answers and that. Just could do without the headache really :D and I'm thinking my last day will also be May 22nd :D sounds like a great day!!!!! :D:D

I've got the social welfare form and the form for work and it's just mind boggling because both are different but ultimately require the same info. Because I will get my full, normal salary from work it's just a lot more questions that payslips give the answers and that. Just could do without the headache really :D and I'm thinking my last day will also be May 22nd :D sounds like a great day!!!!! :D:D

Do we need both forms, i thought last time i just got the MB10 form off citizens information website and i handed that in to HR in work. I should get full pay as well :) roll on May 22nd - we'll have to have a virtual party :D

• Advertisement

My hr dept gave me both forms which is just great :D

14 weeks tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

13 weeks left for me. I can't wait!!
    I'm due on 1st June so will be finishing up mid May.

14 weeks tomorrow :pac:

Alirog when you say it like that it doesn't sound so bad :) I'm taking 2 weeks off at Easter as well, now it won't be a hol as such as the kids will be off school but at least it'll beat being at work and it'll break up the 14 weeks :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    13 weeks left for me. I can't wait!!
    I'm due on 1st June so will be finishing up mid May.

That's the great thing about being due early in the month, you're not the last one still at work waiting for your turn. On my 2nd i was due 31st, i tried to get the following month into my head but i couldn't, when the month came it was hard waiting through the month as others finished work & some had their babies before i even started maternity leave. He didn't dissappoint me though, he was born in the month he was due, a day early :)

My 1st was due on the 1st and this one is due 4th, it's nice being early in the month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I probably wouldn't have gotten the angelcare if we hadn't been given it by a friend but I did find it very reassuring especially since our baby was in her own room from about 12 weeks. The guidelines are 6 months, I know, but we were all disturbing each other and no one was sleeping well. She started sleeping through, of her own accord, very shortly after we moved her. Plus the way our room is, long and narrow, the cot would have been blocking one door or the other and she is as close to my head across the hall as she would have been if we jammed it into our room. We've had two false alarms in the time we used it and while it was frightening I'd rather that and having the heads up that something wasn't as it should be.

Will have to start thinking about the Mat leave forms next month. Didn't remember being too traumatised by them last time.

ariana` wrote: »
    That's the great thing about being due early in the month, you're not the last one still at work waiting for your turn. On my 2nd i was due 31st, i tried to get the following month into my head but i couldn't, when the month came it was hard waiting through the month as others finished work & some had their babies before i even started maternity leave. He didn't dissappoint me though, he was born in the month he was due, a day early :)

My 1st was due on the 1st and this one is due 4th, it's nice being early in the month ;)

Yeah it really is great having the due date at the start of the month.
    When I think of June it seems like aaages away, but because it's 1st June my due day is actually only 15.5 weeks away. Yikes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

This day 9 weeks is my last day in work, cannot wait! I think the social welfare form is actually grand, it's broken down quite well

This day 9 weeks is my last day in work, cannot wait! I think the social welfare form is actually grand, it's broken down quite well

9 weeks wow that doesn't sound like long at all, lucky you ;)

Feeling wrecked today. Anyone else having really vivid dreams? I've been having them since the begining of this pregnancy, they're exhausting me :( Last night i was dreaming about an ex from a loooooong time ago, the guy is actually getting married next month and i was dreaming about his wedding, it was all very weird, i woke up exhausted. The 2am & 6am trips to the toilet don't help either :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have terrible dreams and it makes you sleep really badly. I dreamt the other night that I was reading a thread on here where somebody posted saying she was 28 and therefore too old to breastfeed and we were trying to be polite but also knock some sense into her. It was weird!

Woshy wrote: »
    Yeah, I have terrible dreams and it makes you sleep really badly. I dreamt the other night that I was reading a thread on here where somebody posted saying she was 28 and therefore too old to breastfeed and we were trying to be polite but also knock some sense into her. It was weird!

Not just me so :cool:

I'm so tired today, someone at work actually just saw me and i said i looked wrecked and maybe i need to start taking Iron. It hadn't dawned on me :rolleyes: I haven't been taking any supplements so maybe it'd be a good idea to start :confused: She did tell me in at my booking apt to start iron at 16wks. Are ye taking anything yet?

• Advertisement

I take a multivitamin with Omegas when I think of it (I'm not great at eating oily fish), think I will start taking iron too, my diet was so bad for the start of the pregnancy that my iron level dropped 2.5g, it's still normal for most, at 11.5g, but it's low for me. It will only get lower if I don't do something about it.

Yeah i might start an iron supplement this weekend, even if i only think of it every 2nd day. I remember them making me nauseous before so not looking forward to that bit. I'm eating ok but i'm never a big meat eater, love fish & veggies.

Yeah I was told to start taking iron by my consultant at about 16 weeks. He didn't check my iron levels or anything, he just said he advises all his patients to start taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

My GP recommended I start taking the Pregnacare supplements as soon as she confirmed my pregnancy at 5 weeks. I take 1 daily and they certainly don't seem to be doing any harm!

ariana` wrote: »
    Yeah i might start an iron supplement this weekend, even if i only think of it every 2nd day. I remember them making me nauseous before so not looking forward to that bit. I'm eating ok but i'm never a big meat eater, love fish & veggies.

I got Floradix in the health food shop today, it's a liquid iron supplement with vitamin C and other bits in it, very easily absorbed and tastes nice, keep an eye out for it, perhaps it was Galfer that you took before, quite heavy stuff.
    Fifi_123 wrote: »
    My GP recommended I start taking the Pregnacare supplements as soon as she confirmed my pregnancy at 5 weeks. I take 1 daily and they certainly don't seem to be doing any harm!

I refuse to buy Pregnacare the brand, it's so over priced, even the fact that your GP named a brand of vitamins is bad, there are other, cheaper, perfect pregnancy vitamins out there. Companies taking advantage of pregnancy irritates the hell out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Boots pregnancy vits, 3 for 2, ftw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Oh my God girls.....the hormones has gone berserk in the last few days. I'm not normally a hormonal Moody person but my God.... I actually noticed it last week. Hubby said something that I'd normally laugh off (we have quite a funny/unserious relationship) I usually can't hold a grudge so we never really argue - he just makes a funny face or say something funny/stupid so I give in and start laughing... but anyway - by God did he feel my wrath last weekend....

Then today again....I just saw red....ugh!!! I Don't know how he puts up with me.... I was in FOUL humour on thurs eve - had a really longggg tough day in work was the tiredness was killing me - genuinely just felt EXHAUSTED.... wasn't much better yesterday... anyone else letting the hormones get the better of them lately?

I'm not really hormonal in a moody way but the tiredness is really getting to me - I'm just falling asleep constantly when I sit down! I find that can make me feel a bit low sometimes, like things get on top of me that I would normally shrug off and I get upset more easily. It sucks! The hyperemesis drugs make me drowsy too which I guess doesn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

I'm definitely feeling very moody and emotional with the past week, poor hubby doesn't know what to say to me! One minute I'm taking the head off him and next minute he asks if I'm ok and I start crying!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one... feel so sorry for him cause he's being so good but I'm just an emotional wreck, had a scan on Friday, all was perfect but have been so emotional since then... And lots of feeling sorry for myself! Hope you feel better soon and this will pass for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Glad I'm not the only one! I went to bed at 8:30 on Thursday night because I was SO tired and was feeling so sorry for myself...

Feeling better this morning though - had a lovely fun morning with dh - just having a laugh and joke about when the baby comes (and how our German shepherd is going to react!) My dh tried to reinact how he thinks shell react to the baby being brought home (all going well...) I know this is probably more than ye girls needed to know but just wanted to say things can/do improve!

Advertisement