Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I've had breathlessness from 20 weeks on and I'm not anaemic, everything is shoved up a lot long before the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

@woshy we are heading away in March for a few days to a nice hotel so I've booked myself into the spa for a nice massage :) I also have a voucher for my local salon and I'm going to use that for another one then maybe the end of April or in May :)

I'm not too bad with the shortness of breath on a regular basis, but I do struggle getting off the sofa or out of bed :D

I've got a big family party today which should be interesting! A lot of my family wouldn't know I'm pregnant or those that do haven't seen me probably since I was very early and of course bump free then :D there ain't no escaping the bump now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Allirog wrote: »
    @woshy we are heading away in March for a few days to a nice hotel so I've booked myself into the spa for a nice massage :) I also have a voucher for my local salon and I'm going to use that for another one then maybe the end of April or in May :)

I'm not too bad with the shortness of breath on a regular basis, but I do struggle getting off the sofa or out of bed :D

I've got a big family party today which should be interesting! A lot of my family wouldn't know I'm pregnant or those that do haven't seen me probably since I was very early and of course bump free then :D there ain't no escaping the bump now lol

Aww - enjoy showing off the bump! It's lovely when it's all out in the open and you can talk about it. Enjoy the party! I think we'll just be doing house stuff today - I'm trying to get the builders locked in to a start date for the renovation work in the house. I desperately want it done before baba arrives and I've only 14 weeks to go. I know that'll go fast!

The breathlessness got really bad last night. I was a bit freaked out tbh, I never had it on my last pregnancy at all, even at the very end. I slept terribly - my little boy was up talking to his teddies for ages, the baba was kicking loads, the cat kept trying to get int the bed for cuddles but my body pillow was in the way and I felt like crap. I feel a long nap coming on later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Allirog how did the party go, hope you had a great day?

Woshy are you getting breathless even when you're sitting/resting? I get very breathless if i exert myself for example by climbing a flight of stairs. It's very annoying. I got it last times too. I'm not sure if anything helps really. I started Iron yesterday but it makes me so nauseous, hate the stuff, and ditto that have to tie it in the Vitamin C so it takes a bit of planning. I'm going to GP for the GTT next week so i'll ask her to check my Iron then too but it probably is low because to be honest it's low most of the time even when i'm not pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It's certainly abnormal to feel that breathless Woshy, do you have any pain in your chest at all? You might consider popping to your GP or even your chemist for an O2 Sats check.

• Advertisement

tfak85 wrote: »
    It's certainly abnormal to feel that breathless Woshy, do you have any pain in your chest at all? You might consider popping to your GP or even your chemist for an O2 Sats check.

It's been ok the last two days - it was just really bad that night. It was when I was in bed. I just couldn't cach a breath. If it happens again I'm definitely going to get it checked out. It was a bit scary but I've been ok since then, just ridiculously exhausted. So tired, all the time.

I've got horrible knee pain in my right knee so I'm sleeping badly as well. I'm going to get a knee support thingy for it today to see if it helps. It feels like when you sleep with your legs curled up and then wake up with a sore knee but it goes away when you stretch your leg out - except it feels like that all the time! I'm presuming it's just the hormones loosening the tendons there. My googling said pregnant women can get knee pain due to the extra weight as well but as I only now weigh the same as I did just before getting pregnant I'm thinking the tendons loosening is more likely!

I hope the iron helps Ariana - I'm going to get mine checked too but like you it's always low whether I'm pregnabt or not so I wouldn't be surprised if it was lower than it should be

Oh ariana the party was great, I had such fun. I danced with my little nephew and we just had a ball. I got some funny looks though buying pints at the bar, which were for my OH :D I stuck to squash :D

I find going up stairs has me a little out of breath too so definitely keep an eye on that woshy. Hope it doesn't come back like that again!!

I feel ok except for awful hip pain, and like you woshy, I googled it and it just seems to the the aul relaxin hormone doing what it needs to do! The last 2 nights sleep have been awful and painful, tossing and turning because I keep getting a dull ache in my hips but other than that all is good!

Allirog wrote: »
    Oh ariana the party was great, I had such fun. I danced with my little nephew and we just had a ball. I got some funny looks though buying pints at the bar, which were for my OH :D I stuck to squash :D

I find going up stairs has me a little out of breath too so definitely keep an eye on that woshy. Hope it doesn't come back like that again!!

I feel ok except for awful hip pain, and like you woshy, I googled it and it just seems to the the aul relaxin hormone doing what it needs to do! The last 2 nights sleep have been awful and painful, tossing and turning because I keep getting a dull ache in my hips but other than that all is good!

Ah that's great Allirog!

Sorry to hear about your hip. Have you tried putting a pillow between your knees when you're lying on your side? I'm getting back pain the past few days. My sister in law was suggesting i try heat patches but i'm not sure if they're ok in pregnancy or not - anyone? I s'pose it's all pretty normal now to have aches and pains as we're approaching the 3rd trimester. The fun starts here :rolleyes:

Woshy that sounds scary breathlessness lying in bed. I would mention it at next apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Heat patch on your back will be fine, just not near your bump. You can take Paracetamol if necessary but not Ibuprofen or Difene, no Volterol patches or gel either.

tfak85 wrote: »
    Heat patch on your back will be fine, just not near your bump. You can take Paracetamol if necessary but not Ibuprofen or Difene, no Volterol patches or gel either.

Thanks tfk i'll try the heat patches so when it gets bad again, it's usually around mid-afternoon before it starts to ache and by evening time the only relief i can get is bouncing on the ball or lying in the fetal position which would be fine if i didn't have a FT job and 2 kids :D

• Advertisement

Feeling quite breathless this afternoon again, and just tired and crappy in general so I've made an appointment to see my GP in the morning. Will see what he says!

Definitely good to get that checked out woshy, sounds a little scary!!

How's everyone doing?

Yeah, I'll feel better just to get it checked out. I would have gone this evening but even though I called the surgery the minute it opened at 4.30pm they only had appointments tomorrow. Stupid sick people getting in my way! :pac:

My knee is killing me and I wanted to put deep heat on it but apparently it's not safe in pregnancy. ****ers - we can't have anything! Heat packs are great and all for back ache but it's not going to do much for my knees. I feel another restless night coming on.

My husband's cousin had her baby over the weekend, two and a half weeks early. The baby stopped growing so they had to deliver (well do a c section) straight away. They're mad for the c sections in South Africa. Some of my husband's family think I'm a bit earth mothery because I didn't have one! :eek: nice to see pics of the little baba, she's tiny but lovely :) . They haven't confirmed her name yet but I'm a bit concerned it might be very similar to the number one name on our shortlist. I won't be impressed if it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We've had a little bit of a setback, consultant spotted something slightly concerning with bowel in scan today so back in 2 weeks to get it checked out. Going to be a long two weeks!

We've had a little bit of a setback, consultant spotted something slightly concerning with bowel in scan today so back in 2 weeks to get it checked out. Going to be a long two weeks!

Oh no - so stressful. Hopefully everything will be ok and the two weeks will go quickly enough. Have you got lots on to keep you busy?

Horrible when they say "probably nothing to worry about but..."!

Not a particularly busy two weeks but will just have to try and keep my mind off it. Unfortunately hubby is away in Munich on a stag the weekend before the next appointment so that will be difficult as an sure the weekend will drag.

She did say if she was concerned she'd have me in with fetal medicine consultant tomorrow but she's happy to wait and see. Clearly easier for her to do than us

By the way thermacare do actually make knee heat patches, you just might need to look in a bigger Boots

Yeah, it's easy for other people to tell you not to worry! Pity your husband will be away, is there anyone you could go visit for that weekend maybe?

We're actually going away that weekend too - you should tag along with us :D I have to get the doc to sign a form actually to say I am safe to fly so hopefully he will say everything is ok tomorrow.

I'll check out the heat patches tomorrow - I'll be out and about in a few places so hopefully will find a chemist that stocks them

Oh where you off to?? I might stay with my mam and dad that weekend... They only live five minutes away but at least I'll be kept a bit distracted

Lisbon - hubby is speaking at a conference so me and the baba are tagging along :)

He's going to another conference in April but I'll be too pregnant to go. My parents are only minutes away but I'm planning on staying with them then. I don't want to be by myself. I can totally understand you going to stay with your parents next weekend - a bit of company and someone to look after you!

Awe Angeldelight im sorry to hear that! It really is frustrating to think you've been left with the thoughts and possibilities for two weeks. I was like that after my first anomaly scan and it really is a tough time but the two weeks did go pretty fast! Fingers crossed everything goes well, we'll be thinking of you.

Woshy good luck at the gp this morning!!!

• Advertisement

angeldelight that's tough going, thoughts are with you and baby for the next 2 weeks that it will fly by & all will be ok. It does sound like more of a precaution that anything else when she's not bringing you back in sooner. If you're really cracking up maybe you could ring next week and beg for an appointment explain you're not sleeping etc.??

Woshy g'luck with the GP. You're right to get checked out. Let us know how you get on.

A weekend in Lisbon sounds lovely Woshy, I'm well jealous! I'm flying to London at 32 weeks I don't think I officially need a letter according to the airline's website but I think I should bring one anyhow just in case I get asked, at the moment I look a lot bigger than I am they'll probably think i'm about to pop by then :(

What airline are you going with? We're flying with Ryanair and they have a form on their website you need to get signed from 28 weeks. I'll be 28 weeks when we go and I'm not very big so I'm not sure how Ryanair would know how far along I am. Still, better safe than sorry.

Gp was fine - he said it was good to get checked out but everything is ok. He doesn't think I'm anaemic and everything is ok with my heart and chest. He said maybe it's tiredness and I need to rest more - easier said than done! He witnessed my little boy having a big tantrum so that probably contributed to him thinking that. I'm glad I went down anyway, my GP is very good - he doesn't charge for any visits related to pregnancy even though he is only reimbursed for x amount of appointments by the HSE

Woshy wrote: »
    What airline are you going with? We're flying with Ryanair and they have a form on their website you need to get signed from 28 weeks. I'll be 28 weeks when we go and I'm not very big so I'm not sure how Ryanair would know how far along I am. Still, better safe than sorry.

Oooooops, just checked again now!! I'm flying with Aerlingus and i got my info totally muffed obviously :o. I need a written letter from doctor up to 32 wks and 32-35 wks need a special form filled in! Just printed the form now, i'll bring it along with the MB10 form to my GTT next week.

Glad you got a clean bill of health Woshy. My GP is the same doesn't charge for any appointments when i'm pregnant :D

Any of ye have any thoughts on the whooping cough vacccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Afternoon all. How is everyone doing? Just wondering if any of you have been floored by a head cold and if you've any tips for a quick recovery... This is day 4 of me feeling absolutely lousy and doing all the usual... plenty of water and hot drinks, fruit, rest etc but nothing is shifting it. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Afternoon all. How is everyone doing? Just wondering if any of you have been floored by a head cold and if you've any tips for a quick recovery... This is day 4 of me feeling absolutely lousy and doing all the usual... plenty of water and hot drinks, fruit, rest etc but nothing is shifting it. Any advice?

I Recommend Manuka honey, lemon and hot water and of course lots of rest. It really takes it out of you so be careful. I got an awful cold when I was about 14 weeks pregnant. Took ages to get rid of too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Fifi_123 wrote: »

Snap! I'm on day 5 of a bad cold.
    I've been taking paracetamol but really don't want to take too many even though it is safe during pregnancy. I have been taking just 3-4 in total each day. They aren't really helping though.
    I'm feeling completely drained from it. It's effecting my sleep so I'm just shattered and tired all day :( it is making workdays go so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Does anyone know who should fill out the doctor part of my maternity benefit form, my gp or the midwife?
    And do they usually do it there and then?

Thanks!

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who should fill out the doctor part of my maternity benefit form, my gp or the midwife?
    And do they usually do it there and then?

Thanks!

I got my GP to do it both times but i'm sure either can do it.

Editted to say mine did it there and then but again it may depend on how busy they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Snap! I'm on day 5 of a bad cold.
    I've been taking paracetamol but really don't want to take too many even though it is safe during pregnancy. I have been taking just 3-4 in total each day. They aren't really helping though.
    I'm feeling completely drained from it. It's effecting my sleep so I'm just shattered and tired all day :( it is making workdays go so slow.

I've stayed away from work the last couple of days but really hope to be in tomorrow. Getting through over a box of tissues a day and completely over it!

• Advertisement

Hope ye all feel better soon. I've a mild headcold but not too bad yet so i'm just taking lots of fluids. You know you can also take the regular Lemsips - just not the max strenght ones. They only have Paracetemol in them but might be more soothing than just taking Paracetemol.

Advertisement