Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who should fill out the doctor part of my maternity benefit form, my gp or the midwife?
    And do they usually do it there and then?

Thanks!

GP, that's who I brought it to as it said doctor rather than midwife. I had to drop it in and collect it a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who should fill out the doctor part of my maternity benefit form, my gp or the midwife?
    And do they usually do it there and then?

Thanks!

Okay girls, can someone tell me what this form is and does everyone need to fill one out? My employer hasn't asked for anything like that yet and I'm completely unfamiliar with the whole system here. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Okay girls, can someone tell me what this form is and does everyone need to fill one out? My employer hasn't asked for anything like that yet and I'm completely unfamiliar with the whole system here. Help!

It's the form to receive Maternity Benefit from Social Welfare, you get it from your local SW office if you need it. It needs to be submitted 12-6 weeks before you go on mat leave depending on who you talk to! I was told 6, 8 & 12 weeks by different staff there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Woshy great to hear you got on well at the gp, what a relief!!

@fifi my gp had to sign the forms. She was on Al last week so I left them with her and collected them this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Sorry to hear about the cold Fifi - I remember getting a bad one last time and it's tough when you can't take much for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Sorry to hear about your scan Angeldelight - will be thinking of you.

You can get the maternity benefit form online - it just says must be filled out after you're 24 pregnant... and it jthink it's a few weeks before ur due to finish work.

I've had a cold for the last ten days or so but it hasn't been too bad.... I was full sure I was going to wake up last Wednesday morning absolutely smothering but wasn't too bad. Have a crazy few days ahead though - have a big audit in work for the next three days... Will be up around 6am and prob not home until around 8pm for the next three nights and then flying out to new York on Saturday - really wish I had a day or two in between!!! (But don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining about getting away for a few days)

I was in New look in blanchardstown last night - they have by far the nicest selection of maternity clothes that I've seen - esp tops and stuff... much better than I've seen anywhere else.... I've really ballooned in the last two weeks so was on desperate need for some shopping....

I'm already sick of all my clothes - there is so much in my wardrobe that I can't wear, either because the weather is still so fricking cold or because I am too fat. I need to get a bit more inventive I think. I'm wearing the same thing day after day. As I'm not working as well it means you don't have to make too much of an effort. I was out and about today at various things and I felt so scruffy! Great that you got some new stuff Blueberry - I'm resisting buying anything else because I know I will never wear it again. Maybe I'll treat myself to some shoes or a scarf or something instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Woshy wrote: »
    I'm already sick of all my clothes - there is so much in my wardrobe that I can't wear, either because the weather is still so fricking cold or because I am too fat. I need to get a bit more inventive I think. I'm wearing the same thing day after day. As I'm not working as well it means you don't have to make too much of an effort. I was out and about today at various things and I felt so scruffy! Great that you got some new stuff Blueberry - I'm resisting buying anything else because I know I will never wear it again. Maybe I'll treat myself to some shoes or a scarf or something instead :)

I envy you Woshy the first thing i do every day when i get in from work is change into a tracksuit and t-shirt (or PJs if it's after 7pm :pac:)! Honestly, nothing is comfortable at the moment especially on the bottom half.

Shoes/scarf are a great way to go for a shopping fix, go for it ;)

I'm pretty sure the MB10 has to be submitted to your employer 6 weeks before you plan on starting maternity leave, i'm aiming to get it in around 30 wks which is creeping up now :)

I actually want to go shopping this weekend for new knickers and a nice pair of tracky bottoms :pac:

As for the MB10, I am actually handing mine in today because the sooner I do the sooner they will get the ball rolling on my replacement that I will have to train in. I have to submit another form for work anyways so I'm just going to do it all today :)

Anyone else permanently hungry? I had porridge & a handful of blueberries for breakfast @ 7.45. And 9.15 i had a snack of 2 x mandarin organges and 4/5 brazil nuts. And now it's not even 1.25hrs later and i'm sitting here with my tummy growling at me. I've had 2 big mugs of hot water which i've been sipping on so i don't think it's thirst. Anyone else? I can't stop eating and the only option left to me is the chocolate machine and even though i love chocolate the thought of it this early in the morning makes even me feel sick.

• Advertisement

I feel the opposite. I constantly feel bloated and full and sometimes have to force myself to eat. I had 2 weetabix this morning about 7am and that's been it, I'll have something no in about twenty minutes but I am drinking at least 2 ltrs of water so I think that might be helping me feel full.

I've been eating like a horse from day one! Constantly hungry although when a large plate of food is presented my eyes are normally too big for my belly. Having 3 weetabix before leaving for work in the morning and then a 2nd breakfast once I get to work. The girls in the office say they have never known someone to eat so much. Pretty much constantly snacking throughout the day!

The dietician told me the babas are putting in fat between 25-35 weeks so you're just making a nice chubby baby! I'm still forcing myself to eat a bit but my appetite has picked up which is great :)

Oh and I just got an email from GAP - there's 30% off their maternity jeans (online only though)

Seems to be one extreme or the other with hunger for us! At least i'm not alone. I must say though while i'm constantly hungry it's definitely a case of little & often. I feel very full very quickly, i can't do justice to big meals at all. It's just hard to be prepared for all the snacking, i don't want to resort to convenient junk food all the time.

Ariana, I actually made my own flapjacks last night for snacking on. Now, they are probably not the best - snack wise but they are better than shop bought snacks maybe?

Allirog wrote: »
    Ariana, I actually made my own flapjacks last night for snacking on. Now, they are probably not the best - snack wise but they are better than shop bought snacks maybe?

Thanks for the reminder i used to make these a lot but i haven't made them recently. A job for this evening so ;)

Definitely healthier Allirog my sister in law is a dietician and her attitude is that while homemade recipes might still have a lot of sugar/butter it's still healthier than the shop bought alternative with all the preservatives and chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I definitely need to eat about six times a day at the moment, it's driving me mad! Trying little and often, not too much fruit, I love bananas but there's so much sugar in them! I love nuts though, trying to have a handful from time to time.

I was in for clinic yesterday and a woman sat down opposite me and ate a bag of crisps - at 09.30am! I was nearly sick for her!

@Fifi try doing saline steams before bed to help you sleep, just a spoon of salt in boiling water and inhale for about 5-10mins, should keep you nice and clear and allow you to sleep better.

Starting four nights tonight, hopefully not completely bananas!

tfak hope the nights are going ok for you, you're half way now at least.

How're ye all doing? Hitting the 3rd trimester now for the late May/early Junes, yay. I'm finding the weeks are flying by. It's definitely my fastest pregnancy so far.

But girls i'm shattered and i'm sleeping loads, a good solid 8 - 8.5 hours most nights. I get woken sometimes once by my oldest going to the toilet but i usually go myself then as well and i'm not awake for long. Other than that the toddler is sleeping well so i'm getting pretty undisturbed sleep and still feel wrecked every morning. In work with my eyes stinging now. I'm starting to wonder how i'll cope with night feeds and all that crack again!

I'm 27 weeks today so counting that as third trimester! Feeling very big and uncomfortable today - I'm definitely bigger than this stage last time. My mum saw me today and said this one will be a bouncing little baba! My friends noticed today I've poppped out loads in the last week.

I just feel very pregnant now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I'm 27 weeks today so counting that as third trimester! Feeling very big and uncomfortable today - I'm definitely bigger than this stage last time. My mum saw me today and said this one will be a bouncing little baba! My friends noticed today I've poppped out loads in the last week.

I just feel very pregnant now!

Ditto Woshy. I'm 27 weeks on SUnday(can't really believe it's that already) and I feel like in the last week I have just popped and gotten a real proper bump. Feel kinda heavy and big!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Even though I know my bump measures the right size I'm feeling cumbersome! One of my lovely women in work keeps saying "oh you're very big, god bless you" and it's freaking me out!

Nights have been extremely busy so far but I've slept well and I'm finished in the morning (very happy)!

Can't believe some of us are T3 now, I'm still in week 24!

Yep - it just gets to a point where you start to feel awkward! I noticed I was proper waddling like a pregnant woman today too.

Tfak - glad the nights were ok! Fair okay to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I hear ye girls, my bump has definitely become more pronounced these past two weeks. 27 weeks complete today or tomorrow so officially heading into the third trimester.

Morning ladies how's everyone??

All good here. Was at a gig in town last night and had so much fun. Really enjoyed myself and the baby loved it too :)

Am absolutely cropped with pelvic and right hip discomfort, I feel the crunch in my pelvis when I walk and trying to get off the sofa or out of bed is just hilarious :D

Only 15 more weeks to go! How exciting! Some of you must be in the third trimester already? Is that from week 27 or 28?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Allirog wrote: »
    Morning ladies how's everyone??

All good here. Was at a gig in town last night and had so much fun. Really enjoyed myself and the baby loved it too :)

Am absolutely cropped with pelvic and right hip discomfort, I feel the crunch in my pelvis when I walk and trying to get off the sofa or out of bed is just hilarious :D

Only 15 more weeks to go! How exciting! Some of you must be in the third trimester already? Is that from week 27 or 28?

You should ring the physio department in the Coombe tomorrow and ask to attend their pelvic girdle pain class - I was at it last week and the physio was great,have lots of good advice and tips. She also gave out support belts which are a huge help to me last few days, feel less like my pelvis is going to disintegrate and my leg fall off!

That doesn't sound fun at all Allirog - definitely think it would be worth seeing a physio!

I've seen both 27 and 28 weeks called the third trimester but I'm taking it as 27 weeks to help my sanity :)

I'm still wrecked - also was at a beer festival this afternoon. I had an apple juice from one of the cider stalls so I wouldn't be left out and it's seriously disagreed with me so am feeling v under the weather this evening. I guess my hyperemesis is still there enough for acidic things to mess me up!

Thanks ladies, I'm actually back in the coombe on Friday morning so I think I'll pop in then and have a chat with physio! Thanks :) it's not so bad though, more uncomfortable than painful really.

Woshy that's a bummer about the acidic stuff still but like you said, least you're in the third trimester now so not long to go at all :)

Hard to believe the 3rd trimester is upon us. Where did the last 27 weeks go to ? The next 13 are the toughest but hopefully they'll go as quickly but not too quickly for those of us (me!) who haven't even started getting organised yet :D

• Advertisement

Yep - it just gets to a point where you start to feel awkward! I noticed I was proper waddling like a pregnant woman today too.

Tfak - glad the nights were ok! Fair okay to you :)

Hahaha hilarious! My hubby commented to me yesterday that I was starting to walk like a pregnant lady :) Bring on the waddle!

Advertisement