Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I know - waddle waddle :D

Nothing can be worse for me then the first trimester so despite being uncomfortable things can never be as bad as the first 3/4 months so I'm feeling positive enough!

Still just very tired here - my boy had me up twice last night for no reason whatsoever and I found it hard to get back to sleep afterwards. I'm having an easy day today at home but I can feel myself being very grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Girls i'm laughing at ye waddling! Not really sure why it's so funny cos i'm sure i'm doing it too i'm just in denial :o

Woshy you're having a tough ole time of it. Pregnancy can't be easy with hyperemesis. I didn't sleep too good the last few nights either so know the tired feeling. I couldn't get comfortable, lots of twisting & turning going on and the toddler was coughing a lot too so i kept hearing him. It'll all be worth it in the end though right :confused:

ariana` wrote: »
    Girls i'm laughing at ye waddling! Not really sure why it's so funny cos i'm sure i'm doing it too i'm just in denial :o

Woshy you're having a tough ole time of it. Pregnancy can't be easy with hyperemesis. I didn't sleep too good the last few nights either so know the tired feeling. I couldn't get comfortable, lots of twisting & turning going on and the toddler was coughing a lot too so i kept hearing him. It'll all be worth it in the end though right :confused:

It will :) it's definitely harder with a toddler though. It takes ages to get uncomfortable enough to go asleep and then you get woken up by crying and then have to settle them and then try and get comfortable enough to fall asleep again. It's hard work!

I wasn't too bad at the end last time, no swelling, back or pelvic pain so I hopefully it'll be the same this time. I'm waiting for the fanny forks to kick in - anyone else know what they are/get them before?!! It's also known as lightning crotch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Woshy wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the fanny forks to kick in - anyone else know what they are/get them before?!! It's also known as lightning crotch :D

I'm afraid to google those!!

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to google those!!

Ha! :D As the baby gets bigger and his/her head is pressing down some women get shooting, nervy kind of pains going through their lady parts. It's more uncomfortable than painful though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I don't get shooting pains, I just have a constant throb/ache between my bits and my leg, it's the worst and most annoying symptom I have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Woshy wrote: »
    I know - waddle waddle :D

Just jumping in from the May thread

My OH has taken to playing this to me on his phone on a regular basis
    The Duck Song: http://youtu.be/MtN1YnoL46Q

Just jumping in from the May thread

My OH has taken to playing this to me on his phone on a regular basis
    The Duck Song: http://youtu.be/MtN1YnoL46Q

Ha! That's so funny. My husband loves that song too- plays it for my toddler loads. He does sing the waddle waddle bit to me too :D

Sounds like our husbands would get along!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I've been getting the odd bout of lightning crotch already!!! I'm nearly 23 weeks and I've had a couple of 'flashes' already! It didn't kick in until 30 odd weeks last time.

Roesy wrote: »
    I've been getting the odd bout of lightning crotch already!!! I'm nearly 23 weeks and I've had a couple of 'flashes' already! It didn't kick in until 30 odd weeks last time.

Oh that sucks! I think I was over 35 weeks when I got it last time so hopefully I can avoid it for a bit longer. It really is the oddest sensation - little shocks going through your lady garden. Not fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I've been informed about lightening crotch so I'm happy it hasn't started yet :D although what has started was the bending down craic. I tried to do it today in work and failed miserably :D I also already have a waddle apparently :D

It's only going to get worse too! I am struggling getting my shoes and socks on in the last week or so, it's a pity it isn't warm or I'd be living in my Birkenstocks :D

I'll be expecting reports of fanny forks now ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Yikes - I'd never heard of the lightning crotch. Fingers crossed I escape its wrath! :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Yikes - I'd never heard of the lightning crotch. Fingers crossed I escape its wrath! :)

Hopefully - it is a unique sensation!

I prefer the term fanny forks :D

Woshy I'm the same. Can't wait for warmer weather. My sister was in Brazil before Christmas and brought back havaianas and she got me a pair in the next size too fir my swollen feet so I can't wait to wear them!! :D

Allirog wrote: »
    I prefer the term fanny forks :D

Woshy I'm the same. Can't wait for warmer weather. My sister was in Brazil before Christmas and brought back havaianas and she got me a pair in the next size too fir my swollen feet so I can't wait to wear them!! :D

That's so thoughtful of her! Bless her :) I am just fed up of the winter and I would always say winter is my favourite season. It's snowing and it's March ffs! It's be so much easier to throw on a dress and flip flops instead of loads of layers like I have to now

It's such a nuisance because I don't have a jacket that fits so it's bitter cold at 7am going out to the car too. Roll on proper spring time and summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

My really warm jacket still fits fine but I'm going to London this weekend and was just going to bring a leather jacket that doesn't close, as it's less bulky, now I'm worried that I'll bloody freeze!

I'm out of pretty much all my clothes now, im wearing a sports jacket belonging to my oh and even that's very snug now!! :D have a blast in London though, I love that city!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!! I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today and I thought 'oh crap.... That's a bump and a half!!!' This baby is growing at some rate now :D

I told you you'd get a big bump and look super pregnant all of a sudden! :D

I can still fit into a few of my coats but I'm mainly wearing them open and it does make things colder. I'm off to Lisbon for the weekend as well and no idea what to bring, it says highs of 22 and lows of 12 which I think it warm enough but I'm not sure. I think I'll just be packing lots of layers. It's harder when you don't fit in to lots of your usual stuff!

I was feeling less uncomfortable today definitely and was moving about a lot easier. Baba has been quiet enough though, so I hope everything is ok. There has been some kicking and movement but it's just so much less than my last pregnancy that it weighs on my mind sometimes. I'm in bed now and hoping to get a few more good kicks before I go asleep.

• Advertisement

I know, and you were dead right!! My mam was away the last three weeks on holidays and when she saw me she was like wow where did that come from :D and it's a proper hard round bump too. Feels so strange :D

Maybe pack a few cardigans and scarves? You might just need them for nighttime? Is your little boy going too or do you and the hubby get a weekend away?

It's mad isn't it how you can be more worried based on the last pregnancy? I obviously have nothing to compare too, but it really does seem true that no two pregnancies are the same! I hope she stops being so laid back and picks up pace :D

I've got my GTT on Friday so I'm not really looking forward to that! But im sure it'll be grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi girls... laughing here at you girls heading to London and Lisbon and not knowing what to wear/bring... and then the size of bumps.... I'm in NYC at the mo and its SO cold... it's well below zero and has been snowing for the last two days... my feet are so sore because we've walked so far...

DH put up a few pics on fb and a few ppl commented about how bump is now making an appearance....

Enjoy your trips girls....

I know, and you were dead right!! My mam was away the last three weeks on holidays and when she saw me she was like wow where did that come from :D and it's a proper hard round bump too. Feels so strange :D

Maybe pack a few cardigans and scarves? You might just need them for nighttime? Is your little boy going too or do you and the hubby get a weekend away?

It's mad isn't it how you can be more worried based on the last pregnancy? I obviously have nothing to compare too, but it really does seem true that no two pregnancies are the same! I hope she stops being so laid back and picks up pace :D

I've got my GTT on Friday so I'm not really looking forward to that! But im sure it'll be grand! :)

Hi Allirog, i did the GTT yesterday and it was fine really. The fasting was the hardest bit but more because i'm desperate for randomly throwing food into my mouth, i'd be at the fridge taking out milk for the kids and i'd throw a couple of blueberries into my mouth without even being aware of it, so i found the fasting a bit stressful trying to remember not to eat. The test itself was fine just make sure to bring a good book and something to eat afterwards if there isn't something you can get there before you leave. I had a mild headache for a couple of hours afterwards as well but i went back to work all the same and managed, i think the headache was from dehydration because silly me i forgot that i could drink water while fasting, doh :eek:

Oh blueberry you lucky duck! NYC is my favourite city!! Have a ball :)

Ariana thanks for that! I rang the coombe and I was told no food or water from midnight.... Might bring a bottle of water anyways! How was your result? Did they tell you straight away?

Oh maybe i'm not so silly after all, i never asked about water... I fasted from 9pm the evening before and started the test at 9am. I passed it thankfully, she did the finger prick test as well each time she took the blood so that she could give me a good idea on the spot, she said my results were well within normal. And i got no call since.

Excellent! I'm really hoping for that result too!! I'm not very confident though because at my anomaly scan the sonographer asked me was I diabetic so it just alarmed me slightly did she know something I didn't :pac: anyways we'll know soon enough!

I'm off Friday and all next week so I'm really looking forward to the rest. I had a week off in October but it was the time I was so ill and had my first hospital appointment and scan so I didn't really get to relax so next week will be full of me doing a whole load of nada :D

Excellent! I'm really hoping for that result too!! I'm not very confident though because at my anomaly scan the sonographer asked me was I diabetic so it just alarmed me slightly did she know something I didn't :pac: anyways we'll know soon enough!

I'm off Friday and all next week so I'm really looking forward to the rest. I had a week off in October but it was the time I was so ill and had my first hospital appointment and scan so I didn't really get to relax so next week will be full of me doing a whole load of nada :D

Oh Allirog lucky you a week off sound heaven. I was just thinking this morning how on my 1st i ended up finishing 3 weeks early so i had 3 whole weeks off before baby's arrival and with no other kids to tend it, i probably didn't appreciated it then but i'd love just 3 hours on my own now :D

I have 2 weeks off at Easter but it coincides with the kids school holidays so while i'm looking forward to the break from work it won't exactly be restful :rolleyes:

To be honest i was sure i'd fail it too cos i'm measuring big 2 wks ahead on my last 2 appointments and the sonographer mentioned GD to me at my 20wk scan as well. But at the test she said my results were actually at the other extreme where she wouldn't let me leave til she watched me physically eat something in front of her :pac:

Yea I must admit we are both really looking forward to it now. We're getting a few days away and I'm booked into the spa so I am living for it now :)

I was thinking I might pack a snickers 'just in case' but that might not be a good idea! :D tea and toast it might be!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Afternoon ladies. Hope you are all well. I just thought I would share a milestone with you.... according to my pregnancy app I'm now on the 100 day countdown to my due date!!

• Advertisement

Fab Allirog dead right to make the most of it ;)

Congrats Fifi every milestone counts and they're ticking by rapidly (for me anyhow) :)

Advertisement