Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

@angeldelight I'm with you on that too :)

@woshy I'll have to look at the website although I know I've gotten a few recipes from it before. I might make a banoffee for tomorrow too. Going to make mini Victoria sponge cakes :D have a great weekend away! Enjoy your time and relax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hi everyone.. hope everyone is doing well haven't been on here in so long. loads has happened since my last visit first thing is we moved house which I'm thrilled with love it and atleast we are settled before baba arrives.. but the main thing is we found out on our last scan that after having my 2 gorgeous boys plus my partners little mad hatter we are finally going to b blessed with a little woman absolutely over the moon altho with 3 big brothers god help her :) on another note the doctor at d scan was worried about her size as she is measuring a little under weight for her weeks and has decided to bring me bk in for another scan after 3 weeks.. had the same prob with my first born and ended up in and out for scans every week for the last few months :( where as at my doctors this week he thinks I'm actually a week ahead of my hosp dates which wud make me 29weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's great news about the little girl! She'll have plenty of people looking out for her anyway when she's growing up! Hopefully the repeat scan shows there's nothing to worry about

That's great news missymad, Id say ye are delighted :)

How's everyone doing? All good here! It's so nice having time off and no alarm to adhere to although I was woken by grumbles in my belly begging for breakfast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Missymad that's great news that you're having a little girl to balance the numbers in your family, congrats x I hope the weight thing sorts itself out, i was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 2 appointments 6 & 3 weeks ago. And today i was told i was measuring a little behind - oh please make your minds up LOL :rolleyes:

Allirog yay on not having GD, delighted for you. Enjoy your week off and your few days away xx

Anyone else find baby really strong these days, i'm getting nauseous from some of the movements they're so strong now but loving it as well :D

• Advertisement

Ariana I was just texting a friend of mine this morning who lives abroad and I was telling her the baby is definitely getting stronger because the daily assault im dealing with is on the increase :D but like you, I am absolutely loving it :)

Allirog wrote: »
    Ariana I was just texting a friend of mine this morning who lives abroad and I was telling her the baby is definitely getting stronger because the daily assault im dealing with is on the increase :D but like you, I am absolutely loving it :)

The funny thing is we'll miss that daily assault afterwards, i know i did on the others, i felt a little bit sad that i had to share my baby with the world all of a sudden, up to that point it's such a hugely private thing to be carrying a baby, not to mention amazing to think of this little being growing away inside you, every time i think about it i get blown away, even now on #3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Aww, that's lovely :D little miss is nowhere near as active as her brother was so sometimes I wish she was a bit stronger in her movements. His were really sudden and severe whereas she seems more chilled and the movements are more gradual and gentler. It's still uncomfortable when her feet start to stick out!

Missymad, that's wonderful news. You must be thrilled to be having a girl. I know we were so excited when we found out after already having a boy :)

Lisbon is fab girls - husband is off talking at his conference and I'm in the hotel room waiting for little Mr Woshy to wake up so we can go shopping :) it's definitely not the same being on a city break when you're 6.5 months pregnant, I can't walk nearly as much but we've still had a lovely time. Some aspects of Lisbon really remind me of Dublin and the people is one of them. They are so friendly and people are insisting on helping us with the buggy loads and practically forcing me into their seats on the metro as well as going out of their way to show us where elevators are etc. We've found in some European cities the people aren't as baba/pregnant lady friendly as home but the people here are lovely. Makes life a lot easier!

ariana` wrote: »
    The funny thing is we'll miss that daily assault afterwards, i know i did on the others, i felt a little bit sad that i had to share my baby with the world all of a sudden, up to that point it's such a hugely private thing to be carrying a baby, not to mention amazing to think of this little being growing away inside you, every time i think about it i get blown away, even now on #3 ;)
    That's what I've been thinking too. As much as I want to meet him/her, I'm not sure how I'll feel about having to share :D and I'm very lucky in my pregnancy that I haven't suffered too much so I'm enjoying every moment that I can. This pregnancy is a miracle for me so kick away little monster. Kick to your hearts content :D

@woshy, Lisbon sounds just delightful. Glad you guys are having a great time :) we're off to cork on Thursday and I cannot wait :)

You should call the baby Miracle if it's a girl Allirog - then she'd totally become a stripper :D

Cork will be lovely, just a change of scenery does you the world of good I think. Enjoy your last few months together baba free too because going away with a ba a is definitely very different. Our little boy is firmly in charge here )

• Advertisement

She'd be totally living the dream :pac:

Yea we are SOOO looking forward to it. Just the 2 of us for a few days of pure relaxation. I'll be packing the swimwear and hopefully we won't have to leave the hotel till its check out time :D

Aw girls i love all the happy positive posts from ye! Woshy delighted to hear you're having a good time. I hear you on junior being in charge, they do take over but then they add so much as well. Will ye get a night away yourselves without junior before your little lady arrives? We've a night booked in May, 3 weeks before D-day, we'll be going to a really nice hotel (not too far from the hospital!), we wouldn't normally splash out on a really fancy hotels so i'll be looking forward too it :)

Allirog the break away will be lush and the next few weeks/months of your pregnancy too, it's such a lovely special time for a couple i think before the 1st baby arrives and ye become a real proper little family, the excitement & anticipation of the journey ahead. It's a bit more hectic on subsequent arrivals and there's less time to savour it but of course it's still always special. I feel a little sad this time because i know it's definitely the last and i have to admit i love being pregnant :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Life certainly does change when they arrive :) our 16 month old definitely is the boss of this house! It's lovely, she's so excited to see me when she gets home in the evening and is so full of fun. I'm not looking forward to turning her little world upside down with the new arrival but am looking forward to double the fun once the newborn stage is over.

I enjoy being pregnant to a certain extent. I could do without the niggling worry in the back of my mind and the horrible pelvic pain this time round though. Got signed off work for the week this week because of it to give it a chance to rest. I find the movements odd but reassuring. I wasn't that big last time round but remember myself and my husband watching in fascination one evening as her bum or head protruded and moved down my side. It was uncomfortable as hell but amazing to see. I'm a little bigger this time but I'm tall and have a long torso so it seems to take longer if ever for me to get to that squashed stage. The littlest breakdancer is more active than its big sister already and yesterday it felt like there was furniture being moved around in there.

Ariana, there's enough negativity around the place without adding to it with something so special and precious isn't there? I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Although I didn't enjoy the early days, I can honestly say I feel that in the last maybe 4-6 weeks and maybe that's just movement related, that I am understanding it more and enjoying it. Although like you just said Roesy, there is always that niggling worry isn't there?

We had a quiet day there one day last week where there was very little movement and no matter what I did I couldn't get anything but then I got a few punches after a cold drink! We have a Doppler here as well so it was a case of oh crap what if we can't hear anything. Thankfully we did but you automatically think the worst!

Roesy, I hear Ya with the pelvic pain. Are you going to physio or anything? I was meant to pop into physio when I was in the hospital on Friday but I completely forgot. I'm back next week so I'll say it to the doctor then. But I really hope you enjoy your week off as best you can and the rest helps!

Aw girls i love all the happy positive posts from ye! Woshy delighted to hear you're having a good time. I hear you on junior being in charge, they do take over but then they add so much as well. Will ye get a night away yourselves without junior before your little lady arrives? We've a night booked in May, 3 weeks before D-day, we'll be going to a really nice hotel (not too far from the hospital!), we wouldn't normally splash out on a really fancy hotels so i'll be looking forward too it :)

Allirog the break away will be lush and the next few weeks/months of your pregnancy too, it's such a lovely special time for a couple i think before the 1st baby arrives and ye become a real proper little family, the excitement & anticipation of the journey ahead. It's a bit more hectic on subsequent arrivals and there's less time to savour it but of course it's still always special. I feel a little sad this time because i know it's definitely the last and i have to admit i love being pregnant :o

It's my husband's birthday next month so we're planning a night away in a hotel just the two of us. Somewhere with a pool that I can just waddle down for dinner! Your trip sounds lovely - a real treat. My little boy has been so good the last few days, he's a pleasure to travel with but it will be nice to have some time just the two of us.

I can't say I love being pregnant, given how tough the first half is for me but like you Ariana this is my last time being pregnant so I'm trying to savour it and enjoy everything that goes with it. I also know just how worth it it is - my little boy is just the best thing :)

Ariana, there's enough negativity around the place without adding to it with something so special and precious isn't there? I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Although I didn't enjoy the early days, I can honestly say I feel that in the last maybe 4-6 weeks and maybe that's just movement related, that I am understanding it more and enjoying it. Although like you just said Roesy, there is always that niggling worry isn't there?

We had a quiet day there one day last week where there was very little movement and no matter what I did I couldn't get anything but then I got a few punches after a cold drink! We have a Doppler here as well so it was a case of oh crap what if we can't hear anything. Thankfully we did but you automatically think the worst!

Roesy, I hear Ya with the pelvic pain. Are you going to physio or anything? I was meant to pop into physio when I was in the hospital on Friday but I completely forgot. I'm back next week so I'll say it to the doctor then. But I really hope you enjoy your week off as best you can and the rest helps!

I didn't really suffer from it last time. This time it kicked in from about week 8! The Dr today reckoned it was to do with my height and being pregnant again less than a year after having my little girl. I've been seeing a Physio on and off since about week 10. I've also been doing pregnancy Pilates which was somewhat keeping it in check. I have a support belt too that I can wear for standing activities.

Woshy wrote: »
    It's my husband's birthday next month so we're planning a night away in a hotel just the two of us. Somewhere with a pool that I can just waddle down for dinner! Your trip sounds lovely - a real treat. My little boy has been so good the last few days, he's a pleasure to travel with but it will be nice to have some time just the two of us.

I can't say I love being pregnant, given how tough the first half is for me but like you Ariana this is my last time being pregnant so I'm trying to savour it and enjoy everything that goes with it. I also know just how worth it it is - my little boy is just the best thing :)

The early days of pregnancy with the tiredness and vomiting are fairly rubbish alright. Don't know how I'd cope with hypermesis!

We haven't decided if this will be our last baby so that thought is in the back of my mind too. Even though my husband is already 'joking' about no.3!

You could be like my friend - she's pregnant with number 3 and recently found out it's twins so she's getting an unexpected 4th baba! There's been shock all round :)

Yeah, the hyperemesis was pretty tough and definitely has taken a toll on my overall health. I've been advised another pregnancy is probably not the best idea for me so I think I'll be sending Mr Woshy off to be "fixed" fairly soon :D I can't imagine what I would do being hospitalised and bedridden for two/three months with two babies already at home

in saying that, although the hyperemesis is hard I never got pelvic pain or particularly bad backache, and I seem to be ok so far so I guess we all just have pregnancy things that are hard. I don't envy you suffering from pain there and needing to see a physio - it's not a nice place to be sore in!

Woshy i really wouldn't survive HG, i'm a desperate patient, I've been so lucky (touch wood) so far i've never had any morning sickness - just nausea & tiredness - and i do get an achey back in the evening time but really it's all very manageable, nothing like the pelvic pain some of you describe. I hope i don't have to pay for having an easy pregnancy by having a difficult birth or difficult new born period, yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

So it sounds like a good few of us are managing to fit in a mini-break before our lives are turned upside down in June! My hubby and I are off to Edinburgh this weekend for 3 nights and I can't wait! We got married there almost 3 years ago and haven't been back since due to living in Oz. So it's kind of an early anniversary trip away and a bit of a baby-moon :)

• Advertisement

I've only been to edinburgh once and I absolutely loved it!! We flew out the day I was in hospital and had a six week scan and check up. So I've a lot of great memories of edinburgh :) and a baby moon. I've never heard that term but I love it :D

A baby- moon is a lovely idea :) love all the trips away ladies. I'm back from Lisbon now and back to reality. I'm going to look at hotels for us to go away to next month now - need to book my parents in for babysitting though.

Heartburn has kicked in here in a major way - I was in a bad way with it last night, I was like a dragon breathing fire. Then for some reason my good little sleeper had me up from 2am to 5 am wanting cuddles so I'm wrecked.

Woshy wrote: »
    A baby- moon is a lovely idea :) love all the trips away ladies. I'm back from Lisbon now and back to reality. I'm going to look at hotels for us to go away to next month now - need to book my parents in for babysitting though.

Heartburn has kicked in here in a major way - I was in a bad way with it last night, I was like a dragon breathing fire. Then for some reason my good little sleeper had me up from 2am to 5 am wanting cuddles so I'm wrecked.

Woshy welcome back! Gaviscon works for me, i never leave home without it.

Poor you being up last night. I've had a few nights like that recently, i wonder are they picking up on the changes ahead. Every so often at random hours during the night i hear my little man calling "mommy me hug you"! If it wasn't the middle of the night it would be sweet :rolleyes:

Woshy welcome back! Gaviscon works for me, i never leave home without it.

Poor you being up last night. I've had a few nights like that recently, i wonder are they picking up on the changes ahead. Every so often at random hours during the night i hear my little man calling "mommy me hug you"! If it wasn't the middle of the night it would be sweet :rolleyes:

I know the cuddles were nice, and the cat got in with us too and he had the biggest smile on his face while we all cuddled and then he kept meowing (my little boy, not the cat!). It was cute but seriously, mama needs her sleep and he just never dropped off fully. I put him back in his own room at 5am but then he was up again at 7.30 which is early for him. Dada had fecked off to the spare room of course!

I'm on the rennies which have helped but I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I always think of a baby moon as setting up camp with your baby and doing nothing but feeding them and caring for them for about a month after the birth...

Had a lovely few days in London but absolutely wrecked after it, I'd say we walked about ten km a day, which isn't that much for us really but obviously I can't make it quite as far as I have done previously.

Don't know if we'll get away again before the birth but we might... He's going away with his friends on a "fawn party" - he's the first of his mates to have a baby so they're doing a stag type event in Germany for him!

I have another week before I'm back to work, hoping to do a few bits in the house!

Girls sounds like you both had some lovely time away. Woshy, Lisbon sounds like it was lovely and relaxing! Tfak, love London too. It's one of those cities when you get good weather it's amazing to walk around. How did your afternoon tea go? Are you using up annual leave too? Hope you enjoy your next week off :)

We are off in the morning. I have an early hospital appointment then we are going to stop into Liffey valley then hit the road so I want to clean up and change beds today and pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

The afternoon tea was lovely, treated so well, it was everything I had been hoping for!

Yeah, using up annual leave which is great!

We kicked poor Pickle the cat out of the room last night, he had been out of it for the last few nights while we were away which gave us a good clean break, but he came down to the door crying a couple of times and he made his way back to the living room eventually - feeling very guilty but it has to be done! Better now than when he also has a baby to contend with!

You'll have a lovely few days Alirog - actually you've reminded me, I must get a GP appt for this week!

Awe that's good!! Glad you enjoyed it :)

It's such big changes for our pets isn't it? Thankfully my dog prefers to sleep outside at night time so she's out at night now but when she comes in she darts straight upstairs and onto our bed so I need to start pulling that back. My stairs is in the living room so I think I'll have to introduce the stair gate for her unfortunately!

Did the house clean today so we don't need to do it when we get back from our trip away but by god am I paying for it. I'm really crippled with lower back and pelvic pain so I'm going to have to talk to the consultant next week when I'm back. Physio in the Coombe told me I need a referral!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi ladies....

I haven't had a min to post in the last free days. glad all the baby moons are being enjoyed. NYC was SO cold... minus 12 one of the days and we below zero every day. Our flight was cancelled on Thursday, didn't get home until Saturday (having stayed/slept in the airport) and then they had lost our bags on Saturday when we did get home! I'm still not right from it ..lol

I hear ye on the heartburn... I sent my hubby out in the snow on night in New York to buy me a carton of milk and some tums! (Their version of Rennie)... it really hit me hard that night....

I'm feeling good tho - dh got a new job 9-5 so he's been home around the same time as me every evening this week so I've made proper dinners every eve - it's great.. he was working til 10 every night so I was just picking/being too lazy to cook in the evenings! I like cooking but in the first few months I just had NO interest.... it's nice to have it back....

All the poor pets getting side lined... our German shepherd is outdoors anyway so not so much of a transition required here.... gonna make a move over the next few weekends to get nursery painted etc... scary how quickly its coming in....

Sorry for the long post - had lots to catch up on!

Delighted about the neg gd test by the allirog... :-)

• Advertisement

Oh that delay sounds awful Blueberry :( I felt rough after a 2.5 hour Ryanair flight (I just hate flying them so much!) so I can't imagine how draining it was. It must be nice seeing the spring though here after such a cold trip. I could properly feel the summer coming today and it cheered me right up.

I'm on the milk right now and tomorrow I think it's time to start making rice pudding - it was my saviour with the heartburn last time! I feel so acidic all the time - I was expecting it but still it's unpleasant.

I did get some good news today - I've had braces for the last 3.5 years. My treatment was only supposed to be 2 years but getting married, moving countries and two pregnancies where sickness meant I couldn't get anything done to my teeth have delayed it. The braces will be coming off before baba arrives so I'll have a straight, metal free smile ready to greet my little girl with :D

Our cat's life didn't change too much with the baba - he never went near him when my little boy was small, they ignored each other completely for the first 14 months or so. We just had to watch at the beginning to make sure the cat wasn't in his cot etc. Now that they're interacting it's quite nice. When the baby cries at night the cat is first to get to his bedroom door to go in with me to check on him! It's very cute :)

Advertisement