Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

You are gas with your one born every minute watching! I don't want to be reminded of it at all. I'm trying not to think about it too much tbh. I had an epidural at about 7cm dilated so the first bit was the ouchy bit for me. It just fel like one constant contraction for about 2 hours. I couldn't time them!

I was awake a lot last night, just so uncomfortable and my little boy woke twice for no reason. While I was lying awake I got the strongest premonition that this baby is coming before 40 weeks. I'm not a superstitious or airy fairy person at all but it felt so real. Will be interesting to see if it comes true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

ooohhhhh be interesting to see if your premonition comes true!! We'll all be waiting now :D

I got an appointment for physio on monday and by god it cant come quick enough, I am in agony today. This pelvic pain is so awful and well paracetamol is not much use really! I found today that putting pressure on my right leg was making the pain worse. Not ideal when there's no lift in work and driving is uncomfortable too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It's awful that it's taking so long to get an appointment for the physio Alirog but you can just pace yourself while shopping this weekend and try to get through it, I can barely imagine the pain though!

Ye are mad to be watching One Born girls, it's so stressful! Ariana is right, you wont see much blood!

My movements felt different yesterday but I put it down to the fact that I did a lot of walking and wasn't concentrating, then yesterday evening, after they'd picked up again I had a good feel of the bump and I believe the lentil (as it's known) has turned itself breech. Think it's still breech today but again I've had a fairly active day so not sure, plenty of time for flipping around again anyway!

Random poll - is anyone sleeping on their front? I still sleep almost completely flat on my front and while I'm perfectly comfortable and I know it's perfectly safe I can't help but worry that I'll squash the lentil! :confused:

I'm a side sleeper :) no way could I get comfortable on my front!

I've had what I can only presume are Braxton Hicks contractions for the last couple of hours. It's quite uncomfortable. I've been in IKEA all evening which was nice but I was definitely feeling something while we were there. My husband is paranoid now because last time I had my bloody show in IKEA and rang him at work to tell him - then went into labour two days later! The baby is moving lots and it's not painful (so not real contractions - it's too early anyway for that) but there is something going on. I'm lying down taking it easy now.

IKEA was full of pregnant women waddling around as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I slept on my front for ages but bump is too big now - I kind of end up sleeping half on my front and half on my side now! Looking forward to being able to get back to it after babys arrival. Last night was so uncomfortable, had a really bad day with the spd and couldn't move one leg at all it was like a dead weight. I was trying to turn in the bed but had to try and lift my leg with my arms - horrible!

• Advertisement

Sounds like Braxton Hicks alright, might just be that you slightly over did it today, I've been getting a few myself, especially after my yogalates class today and while I've been cleaning and walking.

Once they're non-painful and you don't have a show and you can feel your baby moving, as you say, all is well and I wouldn't worry at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

tfak85 wrote: »
    Random poll - is anyone sleeping on their front? I still sleep almost completely flat on my front and while I'm perfectly comfortable and I know it's perfectly safe I can't help but worry that I'll squash the lentil! :confused:

I stopped sleeping on my stomach a couple of weeks ago, also for fear of squashing the bump! I'm sleeping either on my side or a kind of half way between my side and front now.

I've never watched One Born Every Minute & I'm definitely not about to start now!

Sounds like Braxton Hicks alright, might just be that you slightly over did it today, I've been getting a few myself, especially after my yogalates class today and while I've been cleaning and walking.

Once they're non-painful and you don't have a show and you can feel your baby moving, as you say, all is well and I wouldn't worry at all!

I actually had a quiet enough day (apart from IKEA) so no idea why they're noticeable tonight. I guess it's just getting to that stage when my body is getting ready.

When I was really in labour it was too painful to lie down - I wanted to be on all fours or walking around so I know if I can lie down, it's nothing to report to anyone!

I think if I want to bring labour a trip to IKEA will be in order - I seem to have an affinity for pregnancy things happening there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I start the night in what my husband likens to the recovery position :D I always end up on my front.

Bub is breech here too and has been in all bar my 9 and 12 week scans. I'm only 26 weeks though. He or she has loads of time to move. My little girl only turned at around 35 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

tfak i wish i could sleep on my front, i miss it so much and think not being able too is just adding to the restless legs. So tired here today. Went to bed early last night at 9.45 but it was after midnight when i fell asleep and around 5am the leg cramps started :( At yoga/pilates on Wed she gave me loads of exercises to do for the leg cramps and i did them all before bed but didn't seem to help. Heartburn is playing up again too. Feeling miserable. What is about Fridays and me :rolleyes:

Woshy i've been getting BHs for the past couple of weeks as well, they come & go.

Allirog god luv ya girl i hope the physio can help and i hope you get through the weekend ok in the meantime xx

• Advertisement

Maybe try to build yourself a little ring of pillows around your middle, to suspend you above the bed so to speak? That's what I've thought about doing if sleeping on my front becomes uncomfortable... Must be awful though, with the leg cramps - you'll just have to get your OH up to pull on your legs, it's only fair!

Maybe try to build yourself a little ring of pillows around your middle, to suspend you above the bed so to speak? That's what I've thought about doing if sleeping on my front becomes uncomfortable... Must be awful though, with the leg cramps - you'll just have to get your OH up to pull on your legs, it's only fair!

I might try that this evening tfak cos my tummy really is my comfort position when i can't sleep and these night i seem to be really struggling to sleep. LOL i was saying the same to hubby, maybe a good leg massage before bed might help, i'll keep working on him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

I was actually woken up by a leg cramp last night hate them but iv been greeting away light this pregnancy as I had constant leg cramps and restless legs on my last.. where as I'm constantly killed with heartburn which I didn't at all on either of my boys.. babs is breached here to but loads of time to turn as I'm only 30 weeks or 31 by my doctors dates.. av yet another scan on thurs to check size make sure everything is ok, I'm being brought straight up to maternity this time and being scanned by my consultant thank god fingers crossed ill b told baby is growing fine as the last few scans they av been saying baby was on the small side..

missymad wrote: »
    I was actually woken up by a leg cramp last night hate them but iv been greeting away light this pregnancy as I had constant leg cramps and restless legs on my last.. where as I'm constantly killed with heartburn which I didn't at all on either of my boys.. babs is breached here to but loads of time to turn as I'm only 30 weeks or 31 by my doctors dates.. av yet another scan on thurs to check size make sure everything is ok, I'm being brought straight up to maternity this time and being scanned by my consultant thank god fingers crossed ill b told baby is growing fine as the last few scans they av been saying baby was on the small side..
    Do you know the gender this time? I wonder is it a girl if your having different symptoms. Fingers crossed that baby measures ok at the next scan. My baby was measuring big at appointments between 20 & 24 weeks but at 28 wks was measuring average and at 30 wks she said it might be on the small side. I can't keep up with them :rolleyes:

She said a girl this time arianna but told me to ask at the next app again but when I asked they couldn't tell. it's a harder pregnancy this time a lot more uncomfortable and crippling heartburn so I def do think girl myself, altho I'm nervous about buying anything pink just incase.. plus afraid to get to excited.. with the size I had the same prob with my first baby they had to keep me in hosp a few times to keep checking size and heart rate of my little boy and gave me steroid injections for heart and lungs. in the end my little man was 10 days over and 6lbs so everything was fine..

Hopefully all will be well with your baba missymad, it's hard not to worry but it's good you've been through it before! Sometimes I think their guesses on size, even from scans can be off. Not much has been said to me re the baby's size - I guess she is average. I've been asked a few times how big my first was though, I guess as an indication of how the hyperemesis affected him so they know what to expect. He was over 8lbs and a week early so he was more than fine!

The lack of sleep is so hard Ariana. I always think it's a cruel twist of nature that you get such crappy sleep in the third trimester, when you have to then cope with a sleepless newborn.

I was feeling better today then I have been so I took the chance to catch up on my housework. I'm knackered now so should have taken it much easier. Silly me! I had a developmental check for my little boy too so I got to meet my new phn (we've moved since his last check). She is really nice which is good as she'll be the one coming out to me when new baba arrives. Some of them aren't great

I'm not overly worried woshy but my oh is fretting bless him it didn't help that the person scanning me last time didn't really know wat he was doing and couldn't measure baby and ended up ringing for the consultant to come down and scan me who then brought me to a better machine in maternity ward, my oh looked so worried poor thing.. he's looking forward to the scan on thurs to hopefully put he's mind at ease...

I'd my little man at he's development test 2 weeks ago and like you I'd moved so had a new lady who it turned out I knew and she is so lovely I was delighted..

It's great when you like your phn - they can be hit and miss!

I finally got the hang of making my own rice pudding. Heartburn is still bad (but better than it was) and it's helped so much. My husband kept telling me how delicious it was and I said that's cos the others I made were so crap! He did not grow up eating rice in pudding form :D

Mini Woshy has been quieter the last few days, I'm keeping an eye on it today to see if I'm just being paranoid. I do have a hospital appointment tomorrow though so I will say it then.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. We gutted our jungle of a garden. It's been completely cleared out, ready for a deck to be built and new grass laid. I can't wait!

Woshy hope you're doing ok?

All good here. I am exhausted though. I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and really feeling every bit of it. Thankfully got to see physio this week and got a bump support belt and while it helps massively, it hasn't gotten rid of the discomfort. But I can handle that over the pain I was feeling. I'm looking forward to a nice, long weekend with absolutely nothing planned except chocolate munching :D

Baby was very quiet yesterday too, so after eating yesyeraay evening and having a cold drink we decided to get the Doppler out and have a listen and we heard a great, strong heartbeat but then within seconds baby started moving and my oh out his hand on my and the baby kicked so hard we could see my oh's hand moving. Twas very entertaining :D

Glad the baba behaved him/herself and gave you a few kicks :)

My baba has been active enough today so I'm happy. I'm finding myself very tired though. My little boy was at me today, not in a bad way he just plays very actively, swinging out of me and climbing on me and stuff and I'm finding it tough to keep up with him. He doesn't understand he needs to be gentle with Mummy.

My husband is working from home tomorrow which will help and on Friday he's going to go for a sleepover at my parents. Can't wait for a lie-in on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Woshy wrote: »
    Glad the baba behaved him/herself and gave you a few kicks :)

My baba has been active enough today so I'm happy. I'm finding myself very tired though. My little boy was at me today, not in a bad way he just plays very actively, swinging out of me and climbing on me and stuff and I'm finding it tough to keep up with him. He doesn't understand he needs to be gentle with Mummy.

My husband is working from home tomorrow which will help and on Friday he's going to go for a sleepover at my parents. Can't wait for a lie-in on Saturday!

I hear you with the active play! In the last two days she's nearly managed to kick me in the stomach twice while messing/playing. 'Gentle' seems to be the most used word in our vocabulary at the moment. I'm rhesus negative too so the last thing I need is a blow to the bump and hours spent in CUMH waiting for anti d. Brought her swimming for the first time yesterday. She was wrecked after it!! Napped for two hours mid afternoon and still went to be at 7. If my husband was off today I'd be tempted to bring her again today she loved it so much. Definitely won't be waiting as long to bring this one to a pool!

Ah I hope you have a lovely lie on onsaturday woshy :)

My internal kicker has been going crazy since I woke this morning. Proper kicks and punches and some are so hard they startle me :D I love it though. And I'm 30 weeks today which is kinda cool! When we found out last year, it felt like this stage was a million years away :)

It's funny how pregnancy can feel so long and so quick simultaneously, isn't it?!

Yea it's mad! Like last October when we found out all I kept thinking was that June was a million years away and now it's just around the corner and I'm like noooo slow down! But with only ten weeks left I can't help but feel that soon enough it's really going to drag out!!

Was back at the gp today for my check up and baby is still breech and I'm pretty sure there's a foot lodged on my bladder :D

Hopefully the baba turns soon Allirog! Mine has been head down for a while and apparently is unlikely to turn so fingers crossed :)

It's weird, I'm dying for baba to get here because I don't like being pregnant and I'm excited to meet her but I'm also doing my best to enjoy the next 2 months or so. My little boy is old enough now that I have a bit more freedom, can go out without him more he's so much easier to look after and take places with you. I've lots of meeting up with friends and nights out with the husband planned to make the most if it before we have another little one to be responsible for :)

We've all gone quiet ladies! All tucked away at home munching on Easter Eggs I hope!

I cycled 25km today and I'm only delighted with myself, going to have a somewhat naughty dinner and then off to see Blade Runner in the cinema!

Well did everyone have a good easter? I'm really contemplating getting out of bed and going eating another Easter egg but I think I should hold off :D

Isn't the weather great too? We hit the zoo yesterday and it was fab! It was so nice to be able to walk around in sunshine that actually had a bit of heat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Hi girls hope you don't mind me visiting from May Group! It's very quiet in that group and my due date is 22 May so could very well be a June baby! This is my first baby & don't know what I'm having! I've developed SPD (pelvic pain) in the last two weeks and have found that tough going as in thinking another potential 10 weeks of this?! But I do think it has made me slow down a lot which I probably wouldn't have otherwise! Also I'm still sleeping which is great (between toilet visits!) and work are allowing me to do a few days from home from next week so I'm pretty lucky! I'm just a bit frustrated as can't even get out & shop for the baby! I have a Moses, half of buggy paid and lots of newborn baby grows so hopefully I'll survive! How is everyone finding it at this stage?

Ah tink, I'm with you on the SPD. It's horrendous. I've been referred to physio and while it helps massively, it's hugely debilitating. I got a bump band and it does help but I feel very restricted and walking far isn't an option. If you're really bad Id advise getting a referral to physio in your hospital?

• Advertisement

SPD sounds horrible, one of my friends had it before and it still causes her some discomfort and her child is almost two. Have you looked into Physio etc? She ended up going off work early because she was in too much pain so that might be something to think about too.

Tink - I'm due 29th May so I'm only a week behind you, feel free to post away here! We have a private fb group set up too where we chat so if you want access to that just send me a pm, there's May and July mamas in there as well as June ones :)

I'm still so impressed at your cycling tfak! I am knackered, my toddler has gone mad recently and is wearing me out. He has my house destroyed, it's definitely so much tougher physically second time with a baby already in the house.

Advertisement