Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

June 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

just wondering if any of Ye have had spotting or anything? never had it on my last 2 preg but did this eve and don't no if I should b worried or not. have been very tired today and not feeling 100% im not usually a worrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I had spotting at the beginning but nothing since about 6/7 weeks. If I were you I'd call the hospital and ask their advice. One of the July girls had some bleeding last week and had to stay a night in to be monitored - it was to do with a low lying placenta but she and baba were completely fine. Hopefully they'll say not to worry but I always think it's best to check, especially at this stage of the pregnancy :)

I'm just worrying because they are bringing me in so often to keep an eye on baby which has me unsettled. I might just keep an eye on it and relax for the eve im prob just over reacting..

It's so hard not to worry I know! If you are getting checked regularly then that's great, very reassuring :) Sure, as you said take it really easy tonight and see how you go

exactly plus I have a scan on thurs so I might just keep an eye on it till then if I get worried I'll ring..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Definitely a good idea to keep an eye on missymad. You just can't be too sure with these things.

I had physio today and it went really well. I got splints for my hands for the carpal tunnel. But all these aches and pains are really getting to me. I've 9 weeks left and everyday is a struggle with pain and discomfort. Gah! Roll on June!!

Are the splints helping much yet? It's horrible to be so uncomfortable :(

I'm actually feeling pretty well at the moment, I realised earlier that I was feeling pretty normal, apart from the usual tiredness and a little bit of discomfort just from sticking out the front. Hopefully that continues!

They actually are helping. I had them on there for a while and I took them off because I had to pee (oh the glamour :pac:) and now without them the pins and needles are back. It's crazy!!

I actually feel lucky too I have to be honest. I know I could be suffering a hell of a lot worse than I am. I just am fed up with work as well!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Woshy wrote: »
    Are the splints helping much yet? It's horrible to be so uncomfortable :(

I'm actually feeling pretty well at the moment, I realised earlier that I was feeling pretty normal, apart from the usual tiredness and a little bit of discomfort just from sticking out the front. Hopefully that continues!

But boy you've suffered so much with HG, you more than deserve to feel well now for a while, you've had your share of suffering!

I'm on my 3rd very straight-forward pregnancy. I get a bit of heartburn, minor issues with low BP, the odd bout of restless legs & leg cramps at night and my back gets a bit achey in the evening time or if i over-do things but otherwise they've all been really smooth sailing. When i read what some people go through i feel really really blessed to be honest, i don't know how i'd cope with daily 24-7 pain or sickness, i'd probably have stopped after 1 baby :o

missymad how are you since? I've never had spotting on any of them but i think i'd probably ring the maternity at this stage just in case. T'care pet.

Allirog glad the splints are working for you, any chance of getting signed off work for a day or two if it's driving you mad?

Just going to wait and see this morn everything seems fine. had a very slight bleed at 4.30 this morn which ment no sleep till about 7 this morn nd bk up for school at 7.45 the joys.. being a bad mammy and have my 2 year old blonked infront of the tv for the morn so I can relax.. if I get one more ill ring up to put my mind at ease

• Advertisement

That is true Ariana - the first trimester and a half is my bad time!

That sounds scary missymad - are you going to pop into the hospital? It is hard when you have kids already. I've found this time tougher physically harder definitely.

they are just small ones so I'm trying not to panic plus baby was kicking super hard last night which was good.. iv an app on thurs so if I don't av another bleed today I'll wait till then but if I do ill b going straight in no question. hosp is only 20 min away so it's no prob to get there

missymad wrote: »
    they are just small ones so I'm trying not to panic plus baby was kicking super hard last night which was good.. iv an app on thurs so if I don't av another bleed today I'll wait till then but if I do ill b going straight in no question. hosp is only 20 min away so it's no prob to get there

The kicking is reassuring but that sounds like a wise plan missymad, hopefully you won't have to go in, thinking of you x

Thank god for TV, it's every parents lifesaver at times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Missymad any bleeding in pregnancy is abnormal, while I know it's awkward with two other kiddies to worry about and though you're having no pain and baby is moving well, I would really encourage you to go in. Even just give them a ring.

I got up for work ok ariana, actually had a good day, was very very busy!! Off now until the weekend, going to bake a test cake for a wedding cake today!

I had a bleed very, very early. Thankfully nothing since and the hospital were great when we rang.

Tfak I really miss baking. I'd love to get stuck into the kitchen and make something Delish. What kind of cake are you going for?

I'm considering having a chat with my boss today about my hands. While the splints are great while in at home and in bed they're just not practical for during the day.

Allirog wrote: »
    I had a bleed very, very early. Thankfully nothing since and the hospital were great when we rang.

Tfak I really miss baking. I'd love to get stuck into the kitchen and make something Delish. What kind of cake are you going for?

I'm considering having a chat with my boss today about my hands. While the splints are great while in at home and in bed they're just not practical for during the day.

Is there other work you can do Allirog with the splints on? You might need to just get signed off early by your doctor. No point in suffering unnecessarily.

tfak glad you'd a good day in work. More on the cake please????????? And the wedding - do you make cakes professionally? That's one job i couldn't do, i'd be fat as a fool, i'm hopeless when faced with temptation. I enjoy baking though, I'm always pulling nice recipes out of magazines but if i try them i'll just eat them all myself. My staple is banana bread which the kids love (and i convince myself is sort of healthy) and so far i've made all their birthday cakes but they've just been pretty basic sponge/chocolate sponge.

I bake a lot too but I haven't as much recently because my kitchen just drives me around the absolute bend. We've no counter space to do anything. I also eat everything I bake :o

The building work was supposed to start last week but our builder cancelled on us and we're scrambling now to get someone in to do the work for us. I'm supposed to be getting the kitchen extended and an island installed (so loads of room for baking!). It looks like we'll be bringing little miss Woshy home to a building site as the builder says he can start in about 4 weeks (but that;s not confirmed) and I'm due in 6 - plus there is carpentry work to be done after the builder is gone. I'm finding it so stressful so I've handed it all over to Mr Woshy to deal with at this stage.

I think we'll ending up decamping to my parents house for a week or two if the messy work and baby's arrival overlap.

Allirog- sounds to me like you might need to get signed off too. A lot of women finish up work earlier than they thought. I can't think what they could do for you if you can't use a computer? Maybe employ a monkey typist for you :D

Alirog I would say you probably need to be signed off, many women only need the splints at night time but if it's severe enough to require the splints all day long then you wont be able to function at work at all!

This is only the second wedding cake that I'm making, though I do bake alot. It's going to be a naked cake, lemon and vanilla sponges with corresponding buttercream, quite tall, decorated with fresh flowers and rosemary. The cake I'm making today is carrot for these little pots that will be around the cake, terracotta pots filled with carrot cake and topped with edible flowers! It's for my cousins wedding, I'll be 34 weeks pregnant, having a 60's style dress made with incredible fabric, I'll be sure to share pics!

Woshy the thoughts of having builders in the house when you've a new baby are a bit of a nightmare, the dust!!! There is work supposed to be happening in our house too, we are awaiting the landlords to bring builders in to plan and start, they told us at the start of the year it was going to happen and we've been asking them to start since early March! Even though I reckon I"ll go at least ten days over there is no way of knowing when this little Lentil is going to arrive, would really like to get the work started!

I think ye are right ladies, I think a trip to the doc tomorrow is on the cards. The pain in my hands is cruel. BUT..... (There's always a but) I hate the thought of going to the gp and asking to be signed off. Do I just say that to the gp? I feel like a fraud!!!

Allirog wrote: »
    I think ye are right ladies, I think a trip to the doc tomorrow is on the cards. The pain in my hands is cruel. BUT..... (There's always a but) I hate the thought of going to the gp and asking to be signed off. Do I just say that to the gp? I feel like a fraud!!!

Allriog don't feel bad. You have to put you & baby first now. It's only a few short weeks in the grand scheme of your working life and your employer should realise that if they're a good employer. Don't feel guilty or like a fraud about it but i can understand why you probably will, i'd be the very same and it's totally unjustified, you're not fit to work and that's it, you're GP won't even question it i'm sure.

tfak wow that cake sounds amazing, wow!! I definitely want to see some pics of the cake and the dress ;)

• Advertisement

Don't feel bad Allirog - you have to look after yourself and the baby. Like I said, loads of women struggle at work towards the end for various reasons. I gave up work at 23 weeks last pregnancy because the tiredness/long commute was contributing to the sickness. I felt like a right pleb but once I had that burden off my shoulders I got a lot better quite quickly and I think it definitely contributed to how labour wasn't too bad for me and my v quick recovery after birth. If I had been working this pregnancy I think I would have had to be signed off from about 6 weeks!

Tfak - the building stuff really is a nightmare. We're getting walls taken down and plastering and stuff so not compatible with a newborn at all! We've been trying to get the work done since before Christmas - it should be well finished by now but we just keep getting let down. I have the money sitting in the bank and I feel like I can't give it away! My parents said just to get it done, and we can stay with them. It's not ideal but it might work out well because they can help me and hubby with the two babas and they're only ten minutes from us so my husband can pop back and forth to our house to check on things.

Thanks girls. I've made an appointment tomorrow evening with the gp so will see what he says then. I'm hoping it will just take a few days for the splints to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Morning ladies. Well I was at the midwife yesterday for a check up. Blood pressure and fetal heartbeat etc all good but was told I'm measuring a little bit small. Measuring about a week and a half behind. The midwife said it was nothing to worry about but has booked me in for a growth scan next week anyway. Have any of you been through the same? It's hard not to worry a little bit as obviously every mum to be want everything to be perfect.

Sometimes it can be due to the angle that baby is lying at Fifi, you'll know more after the scan. At my last midwife appt the bump measured one week ahead but I knew it was because of the way baby was lying, midwife agreed, if it's still big at my next one I'll go for a scan.

In the meantime be sure to eat really well and rest whenever you can, look forward to seeing your baba on scan again soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Fifi, I had it happen this pregnancy and last. At around 30-32 week scan last time some of the measurements were a couple of weeks behind and I had low amniotic fluid. I was signed off work to take it easy and was brought back every couple of weeks for a scan to check on things. Fluid didn't drop any lower and growth picked up again at around 37 weeks. Baby was born 11 days overdue weighing 8lb 2oz. This one is a bit behind as of last scan but fluid levels are within normal range so I was told to come back 3 weeks later for another scan just to make sure things are okay. As Tfak said, I'm just trying to eat well and rest up when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Thanks ladies! I'm sure everything will be fine as the bub is jigging around happily. My scan isn't until a week on Friday so taking it as a good sign that I haven't been rushed in to be checked out. Looking forward to seeing the baby again next week :)

Hopefully all will be well on the scan! I've never had baby's size discussed with me, on this pregnancy or the last one. I can only presume that means they were measuring normal every time?

I went to the midwives last time actually so no scans after 20 weeks anyway, just lots of belly feeling! I'm sure it's not a huge thing and they just want to keep an eye on you just in case :)

Had such a crap day, I don't know why but I was just so exhausted all day and felt so sick. I was getting so frustrated with my little boy who was a bit whiney today (he slept in until 10am and was then all out of routine). I had my first teary moment in months, when it all just felt too much. I was supposed to have plans this evening but I cancelled them and went to my parents for the afternoon to get some help. I was all over the place driving there, I wasn't with it at all, thankfully we made it there ok.

Thank god my parents were happy to help anyway! My husband is out tonight so I had to put the baba to bed etc but I am feeling better so that was grand. Going to have a v early night now!

Woshy hope you slept well and today is a better day for you.

Fifi i've never had a baby measuring small, just big and that sorted itself out over the course of a few weeks. I'd say you've got some good advice from the other girls to mind yourself and enjoy the next scan. I do the Midwives as well Woshy so no scans after 20 weeks but I don't mind once i can feel plenty of movement myself then i trust the midwives palpation methods to pick up on anything else that needs to be picked up on.

Baby's movements have really changed this week. It's all every squirmy now and lots of big moves where you can see my whole belly bulging out. It's mental. He's obviously running out of space in there now. I feel massive but at yoga/pilates last night there was a girl who's 37 weeks and you can definitely see the difference, i've a bit of a room to grow yet :eek:

Ha - that's true Ariana, there's really room to expand at the end. I've a friend 4 weeks ahead of me and I saw her last weekend. You could see the difference too.

Another tiring day here but I know why now, canines definitely coming through, I can see one has cut. Given what I've heard of other people's experience with them he's been fine, just whiny and crying more and not really eating. I could have been up all night with him but I wasn't. We've all just had a nap (cat included!) so that will help

• Advertisement

finally got checked out today. long day didn't think I was going to be let home but doctor was happy enough in the end and not to concerned about bleeds during the week. feeling sore and sorry for myself tonight tho.. but baby is doing great had 2 scans today by consultant (who couldn't understand one thing I was saying as he had very bad English) and a lovely doctor in maternity and both very happy with baby's size and also monitored her heartbeat and movement and she's a very happy bab's in there :)

Advertisement