Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

That's great Missymad - I'm so glad all is ok. What a stressful day though.

I noticed tonight my fingers are a bit swollen, my rings have been very lose on me the past few months because I lost so much weight but tonight I can barely get them off and they're digging in a good bit. Last time, I never had to remove them - I had no swelling whatsoever, I was hoping this time would be the same. Oh dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Missymad i'm glad you got checked out and that all is ok. I hope you slept well after the long day and feel a bit better today.

Woshy i just tried to take off one of my rings and it's tight too. I hadn't noticed til now as i rarely take them off.

Poor mini woshy getting canines, they're supposed to be the worst. My lil one hasn't gotten them yet, no sign. And i don't remember the oldest buck but teething never really bothered him as much as the younger 'un.

Baby gone mental here this morning, much as i love it sometimes i get really nauseous with all the acrobatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I'd say I wont get much longer out of my rings either!!

The swelling appears to have gone down today so hopefully I was just warm or something! I'd be glad to get away with keeping my rings on again :) Swelling up doesn't look fun at all - especially swollen ankles, I get them when I fly and I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I've got ridiculously bad swelling. I hate, hate, hate with a passion that I can't wear my engagement ring and every time I'm in hospital surrounded by pregnant ladies I always get well jealous of the ones that still have their rings on :D

• Advertisement

My ankles and feet swell after work, I have the OH well practiced at massaging out the fluid and I sleep with my feet up on a pillow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Wedding and engagement rings still on here. It depends on the day for my other ring, which is a pity because I love it. It has huge sentimental value. Haven't had too much swelling yet, was pretty lucky with it last time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hope everyone is good this morn. my first sat off in along time it's lovely suns shining house cleaned and nothing much to do for the day :)

is anyone having problems picking names for the new arrivals?? I really can't seem to settle on anything. my last two pregnancies I had no problem picking names but this time I'm finding it extremely hard. plus think it is so much easier pick a boys name but becoz I'm having a girl nothing seems to jump out at me..

I actually find boys names much harder! We have a shortlist of three names but we're fairly certain which one of those it will be. The other two are if we look at her and just think the name we've picked doesn't suit her.

It is a beautiful day, we're about to head out to the park to let my little boy wear himself out a bit :)

I'm really really swollen, but I know the heat doesn't help and I was sitting out in direct sunshine today.

Was in the hospital yesterday for a 32 week check up. Thankfully after a trace and a scan to check measurements etc everything is ok!

We have a few names too. We have 4 girl and 3 boy and will decide when the surprise comes along I suppose :)

• Advertisement

I have 2 names I love one Id picked if my last bab's was a girl and one i picked this time but the prob is two girls I no have called their little girls these names so I can't use them.. here with our 7 and 4 yr old and they are coming up with the funniest of names..

Ah yea that's a bummer! We were lucky that we agreed on the same names that we threw out so we had about ten of each then kept whittling it down. It's a bloody hard task though isn't it??!!

It's funny, it feels like such a big responsibility - then you name them and you can't imagine them being called anything else!

I hope nobody has a baby in the next few weeks and uses our name anyway. It's v common but I just don't actually know anyone called it yet :) I was thinking it would be terrible if you had a name all picked and then Kate Middleton or someone called her baby that - you couldn't use it without looking like you got it from her!

it def is but its it's also the fun part aswell. i no everyone says ull know when you see the baby. really want a nice girlie name that's not to common. I'm sure something will come to me :)

Our list has changed alot, we are fairly set on a couple but not going to have anything decided in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We could only agree on one name that we were both happy with so will just have to suit baba! I'd prefer if it wasn't as popular as it is but can't have everything

Our names are common enough but not too common either. It's just so hard though!! We've decided to leave our list and then decide when he or she is born as to what suits them best really

Yep, I think you need to see them to know for sure. We did that with my son, had a shortlist with a preferred favourite and then when we were alone in the delivery room having a cuddle after everything calmed down we agreed on his name. So we'll do the same this time :) it's nice to have a list anyway - I have a feeling it'll be the one we both like the most but we'll see!

It was hard picking names because my husband is so fussy and vetoed nearly everything I suggested but never made any suggestions of his own. Drove me mad!

I'd be driven mad by that too! My oh was very vocal with his ideas so it's worked out well for us thankfully! I just can't wait to meet this little person and have a cuddle and give him or her a name :D

I'm the same allirog.. getting so excited now just can't wait to cuddle my little bundle.. 7 weeks and counting.. seeing all the new little arrivals when I was in the maternity ward the other day has made me twice as bad aswell

• Advertisement

Awe yea I've 8 weeks left and just dying to get to June. Although I can't wait for May 1st so I can say 'I'm having my baby next month' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I have 6 weeks to go. I'm really hoping it flies by.

6 weeks will fly! Do you have mat leave to look forward to? I'm living for May 22nd

Just over 5 weeks for me. It can't come fast enough at this stage.

I am exhausted, having a tough time with a very boisterous and energetic toddler. This is my life at the moment:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Allirog wrote: »
    6 weeks will fly! Do you have mat leave to look forward to? I'm living for May 22nd

Yeah I've just over 3 weeks of work left. Can't wait to finish up.
    The hospital appointments and Dr appointments should break the weeks up a little too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Woshy wrote: »
    Just over 5 weeks for me. It can't come fast enough at this stage.

I am exhausted, having a tough time with a very boisterous and energetic toddler. This is my life at the moment:

You and me both Woshy!! My little girl is mad into rough and tumble at the moment. She's also turned into a little drool monster and is biting EVERYTHING in sight the last day or two. I found it quite frustrating today as all she wanted to do is dive on top of me and run around the field after the dogs. Thankfully my pelvic pain is good, the best its been in ages so I can somewhat keep up with her, for the time being anyway. Husband was busy trying to get stuff done in the house and garden so I was trying her out of his way so I'm shattered this evening.

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Yeah I've just over 3 weeks of work left. Can't wait to finish up.
    The hospital appointments and Dr appointments should break the weeks up a little too :)

That's not so bad! I have 5 weeks but my GP gave me last week and next week off because of carpal tunnel and swelling so when I do go back I will have only 4 weeks left but I think it'll be broken up too with an appointment every week :)

Washy that clip is gas. I can't stop laughing (sorry) :D

Well at least I'm not the only one having a tough time with a mad toddler! Roesy, my husband is being so good but yesterday at about 5pm I caught him opening a bottle of wine. He had been driven to drink! He has us run ragged - he never stops!n

Heartburn and breathlessness v bad tonight too - will be glad when baba is here :)

hope your feeling better this morn woshy my heartburn has eased off a little thank god (could regret saying that) as for the toddler thing o god I also no how you feel, my little man thinks it's hilarious that I can't catch him as quick anymore so keeps stopping and laughing the little fairy. he's def going to have he's nose out of joint in 6 weeks time ha poor little thing. how do you think ur little person will take the new arrival woshy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

My little one thinks it's great fun to "escape" anytime i try to do anything with him. I'm killed running after him and him roaring laughing, drives me batty. Getting out the door in time for school/work in the morning is the hardest part of my day by a long shot. Hubby commutes so is gone before the rest of us even get up :( Only 5 more weeks in work but it still feels like a lifetime. At least then i won't have to get myself ready, i'll be doing the school drop-off in my PJs :D ok, well i might manage a trackie ;)

We're down to 1 girls & 1 boys names which in itself is a miracle. On the other 2 we had 1 boys name but we could never decide on a girls name. This time we've a girls name picked for a while now but have struggled more with a boys name.

Missymad my lad has picked names too, he has 2 girls & 3 boys picked out, in fairness to him they're all nice names but they're not on our list so i'm not sure how i'll put it to him when the time comes as he really thinks it's going to be 1 of his names :confused:

Advertisement