Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

ariana` wrote: »
    OMG can't believe you're still puking at 35 weeks :( You poor girl. Seems very cruel. You'll be well happy to evacuate this baby. Does it go away straight after?

Hopefully you'll have your baby by the June BH Mon seeing as you went a week early last time. Is there a way around the road blocks? We live up to an hr from the hospital depending on time of day and last time my hubby was suggesting driving on the footpaths to get past jams :eek: thankfully we didn't need too :)

I was sick while I was in labour but yes, it went away straight away. I will be well pleased when this baba is born :)

Hopefully I will go early and avoid it and your hubby won't have to resort to driving on footpaths for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Woshy wrote: »
    It doesn't bear thinking about! I think the bottom way is all open, like coming down from the treasury building and Pearce St but I'd be worried the parking would be taken too. Maybe a taxi would be the best option if you go into labour that day?

I live about an hour from holles St so would rather not get a taxi. I'm sure it will be grand if it does happen....the hospital will hopefully be able to direct us as to where to go.
    Time really is flying at the moment. Have a hospital appointment on Monday and can't wait to see baby again :)
    Woshy you really are having a tough time of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

The only time i was ever sick while pregnant was in labour Woshy. This time i'll be taking it as a sign to get myself to the hospital cos both other times i started puking around 5-6cm and i went to 10cm pretty quick so if i'm not there or on my way and i puke i'll be putting the skates on! Ooooh it's so exciting and so nerve-wracking thinking about it, it's getting very real now.

Girls i hope none of ye are impeded by the mini-marathon but maybe ye could ask at an appointment before then about any issues that might arise with access and parking?

I have my eye on May 29/30th as days i'd love to go. Hubby would have an extra day off cos of the Bank holiday and we'd have the weekend and i'd be just a nice few days ahead of my due date. If only we could plan it!

29th or 30th would be a great day to go! my appointments aren't actually in Holles Street but if it gets to a day or two before the 1st June I think I will call and see what they say.mi think maybe there was something in the website last time. Although then it was 3 weeks before my due date so I wasn't as concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Holles St is in such an awkward location, that gets cut off for so many things, they definitely have routes in place to get people in, not something you have to worry about!

I finish work the week ending the 31st May, I'll be 37+4, I'd LOVE to go into labour on bank holiday Monday, so unlikely!

Having a less than ideal day today, quite uncomfortable, slept well overnight but don't feel rested at all. Will just have to get over myself I guess. We are going scouting around a few shops and things today, might get some stuff for hospital bag and reccy the changing table.

Going to buy plaster of paris to make a bump cast too, anyone else do one??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Oh a bump cast, cool, that's a really fun idea. Long before I was pregnant I thought that's something I might enjoy doing, and now that I am I totally forgot about it! Might actually see about doing it...

We are both into photography and had all these great ideas about doing bump photos etc. and then we got so lazy about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

tfak85 wrote: »
    Holles St is in such an awkward location, that gets cut off for so many things, they definitely have routes in place to get people in, not something you have to worry about!

I finish work the week ending the 31st May, I'll be 37+4, I'd LOVE to go into labour on bank holiday Monday, so unlikely!

Having a less than ideal day today, quite uncomfortable, slept well overnight but don't feel rested at all. Will just have to get over myself I guess. We are going scouting around a few shops and things today, might get some stuff for hospital bag and reccy the changing table.

Going to buy plaster of paris to make a bump cast too, anyone else do one??

That does sound like (messy) fun! I'm not crafty at all so wouldn't interest me but could be a laugh. I'm 39+1 - really want baby to make an appearance this week or next so the bank holiday will add in to hubby's 12 days he has off! Knowing my luck they'll stay out though

I've just mentioned the bump cast idea to the oh and it might actually be our project for next weekend or so...tfak, where do you think of getting your plaster bandages? And how much would you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I got them in Inspiring Ideas craft shop in Blanchardstown, though I think lots of craft shops sell them, just ring in advance.

I got 10cm wide, approx 3m long rolls, I got five, because they were 2.50 each, I think that will be more than enough, there are lots of videos on YouTube that sort of detail what you need.

If you have a friend that's a nurse or doctor in a general hospital you could ask them to grab a few from A&E, I have a friend who's a nurse in a small private hospital but the A&E was closed when she was in this week!

We ended up at a family party tonight so hoping to do it tomorrow, will post pics!

Perfect, I was actually thinking of checking in Inspiring Ideas, as I live close by, thanks! I might wait another week or two before I do it, to see if the bump grows a bit more. I would like to do it with my hands holding the bump included and at the moment they still cover most of it...huge hands or small bump I wonder?! ;)Looking forward to see pics!

• Advertisement

That does sound like (messy) fun! I'm not crafty at all so wouldn't interest me but could be a laugh. I'm 39+1 - really want baby to make an appearance this week or next so the bank holiday will add in to hubby's 12 days he has off! Knowing my luck they'll stay out though

How're you today angeldelight? You're so close to due date now :eek: Have they given you a date for induction if you go over?

My friend is being induced at 40 +5 which seems early, thought most hospitals would leave 10-14 days.

tfak i've never even heard of doing a bump cast! Sounds like a cool idea except i think i'd like to have done it on all of them and at the same stage to make it interesting. I've taken a lot more bump pics (almost weekly) on this one than any of them. It's funny looking back, even 2 weeks ago the bump looks so small/neat compared to this week :o

I'm so tired today. Wishing for Friday already :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Morning ladies. Feel like I haven't been here for an age. Back to work this morning and taking it as easy as possible. I was admitted to hospital last week because of high(ish) BP and protein in my urine. Thankfully got home Saturday so just taking it handy now. Back with GP tomorrow and in hospital again Friday. I feel a bit crap today though. Hands and feet are sore and swollen.

How is everyone doing? Enjoying the snow we were all hyped up for and ready to get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

allirog sounds like a tough week hope your ok to be back at work. glad to hear ur taking it handy in there.. the weather hear is lovely this morn hopefully they were totally wrong about the snow :)

Oh no Allirog mind yourself. Watch that swelling, it could be related to the high BP and protein. Hope you not developing pre-eclampsia. It's good your being checked again tomorrow & Friday.

While the air is nippy, it's really glorious out there. Just popped out for a stroll :) thanks ariana. I'm being watched like a hawk. And for preeclampsia too. It's all related so fingers crossed it was an isolated event. Other than that I feel great. Only 4 weeks left in work :D

Allirog wrote: »
    While the air is nippy, it's really glorious out there. Just popped out for a stroll :) thanks ariana. I'm being watched like a hawk. And for preeclampsia too. It's all related so fingers crossed it was an isolated event. Other than that I feel great. Only 4 weeks left in work :D

Same here, think we finish the same day (May 22nd). I can't wait either :) I'm actually starting to think of it as 3 weeks because this week has already started (ok only by 2.5 hours!), but still it's 3 weeks from Friday. Only 2 more Mondays ;)

Planning to have lunch out with some work colleagues on Friday 15th to mark my finishing so that to look forward as well, we don't eat out very often obviously :pac:

Antenatal appointment tomorrow which will break up this week :)

Not too long left in work ladies, you'll get there! Def take it easy today Allirog, we don't want you stuck in the hospital for the next 6 weeks!

Baba is not moving much today which I hate, I'm never sure how paranoid I'm being. I've just put my little boy down for a nap (and he's in there singing to himself instead of sleeping so far!) so I'll try eat something sweet and lie on my side. I've been having a lot of pains over the last week, crampy type pains and I've been puking a bit so I'm a bit nervous. I really just want this baba safely here now! 4 weeks and 4 days until my due date :eek:

Woshy wrote: »
    Not too long left in work ladies, you'll get there! Def take it easy today Allirog, we don't want you stuck in the hospital for the next 6 weeks!

Baba is not moving much today which I hate, I'm never sure how paranoid I'm being. I've just put my little boy down for a nap (and he's in there singing to himself instead of sleeping so far!) so I'll try eat something sweet and lie on my side. I've been having a lot of pains over the last week, crampy type pains and I've been puking a bit so I'm a bit nervous. I really just want this baba safely here now! 4 weeks and 4 days until my due date :eek:

Woshy i find cold drinks help too if something sweet doesn't. Hope baby gives you a few good kicks soon :) Let us know how you get on.

4 weeks 4 days :eek:, i get nervous & excited every time i hear how close you are! I think i'm only about 6 days behind you but i always feel like you're waaaaaay ahead of us all here :confused: which means i'm too busy getting nervous & excited for you to worry about myself :pac:

That's probably good - I'll be taking your mind off things :)

Baba is still quiet, I lay down and had something fizzy and sugary but no dice. I felt some movement at about 1.30 today but really that is it. I know if one of you guys posted that I'd be telling you to get into the hospital and I am concerned but I'm reluctant to go in :(

Ariana yep we finish the same day :D so excited but something tells me I won't last that long! I was back to work today and my hands ached for the day and by lunchtime my feet were swollen and sore. I'm on a half day tomorrow to go to the GP and I'm off Friday so hopefully the week will fly!!

Woshy keep an eye for another while, could be a quiet day but definitely get to the hospital if 1.30 was your last movement

• Advertisement

I'm lying down again and I did manage to get a little bit of movement but not as much as I'd like. I've to go to a meeting tonight at 7 and I'm the one with the keys to the place so I might go to that and then if I'm still not happy drive myself to the hospital afterwards.

The fact there is some light movement makes me feel a bit better but my next appointment isn't for a week so I thinki would like to get baba checked out.

Went to the hospital - got a trace and a scan and all is ok. I do need to go back for a growth scan in the next few days though. They all said I'd done the right thing going in and I feel a lot better now. I was very worried there for a while earlier

Glad to hear you went to hospital, Woshy. And also to hear your little one is doing ok. How are you feeling today? At least you don't have long left....

I'm back with the doctor today to get a BP and urine check done. I've packed a bag just in case so fingers crossed I won't need it!

Glad to hear you went to hospital, Woshy. And also to hear your little one is doing ok. How are you feeling today? At least you don't have long left....

I'm back with the doctor today to get a BP and urine check done. I've packed a bag just in case so fingers crossed I won't need it!

Hopefully you won't! I took a bag with me in the car last night too, cos you never know. I was glad not to need it!

All ok here this morning, baba is moving around. Will be happy just to have her here now :)

I'm glad you went in Woshy. And even more glad everything is ok. Every appointment i have they can't seem to stress enough the importance of counting the kicks and going in if anything changes. My baby's movements are all really really strong, quite uncomfortable, and i usually get 30mins stints 4-5 times a day so i know if anything changes from that i will go in.

Allirog yeah it's hard to see you lasting another 3.5 weeks when you're in such pain. Don't feel bad if you need to finish up, a couple of weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of all the years you've worked already and all the years ahead. Baby is #1 now :)

Mad to think of ye bringing bags, i don't know what's wrong with me, think i'm still in denial about how close we all are now :eek: We're all so close to 37 weeks which is full term really :)

I slept about 5.5 hrs last night in 2 blocks, 2.5 hours and 3 hours, i can't believe i now consider that a brilliant night's sleep :confused:

Good luck today Allirog!

Thanks girls!! And thankfully I didn't need the bag. Urine was fine so I am ok for another day or two. BP was high so I've been signed off work. Time to take it easy and look after myself and my little human :D

Lots of taking it easy is required, definitely!

I got called into Holles St for my growth scan this afternoon. Baba is measuring at around 6lbs so the perfect weight. Looks like she'll be about 8 lbs when she arrives. The placenta and cord etc all look fine. She said it still looks like a girl too so I feel pretty confident about the pink stuff I've bought!

You must be knackered at this stage Ariana!

Thanks girls!! And thankfully I didn't need the bag. Urine was fine so I am ok for another day or two. BP was high so I've been signed off work. Time to take it easy and look after myself and my little human :D

Allirog that's great, you take care of both of you now, enjoy these last few days/weeks before you become a mammy. It's a cliche but life does change, for the better of course, but still there'll be times you'll look back and feel nostalgic for these days.

6lbs is a good weight. I haven't a clue, i haven't done any growth scans but the midwives tell me "average but probably smaller than my last" (8lbs 10oz) so i'm guessing around 8lbs - 8lbs 8ozs. Only time will tell :)

I am knackered Woshy :( I'm starting to wonder if exhaustion is enough of a reason to be signed off work for a few days. Every night is the same now the restless legs and heartburn are killing me. And not every night but some nights when i do eventually fall asleep i get woken by leg cramps in the early hours. Not to mention a teething 2 year old getting Canines. I'm trying to focus on just getting to the bank holiday weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

ariana` wrote: »
    Allirog that's great, you take care of both of you now, enjoy these last few days/weeks before you become a mammy. It's a cliche but life does change, for the better of course, but still there'll be times you'll look back and feel nostalgic for these days.

6lbs is a good weight. I haven't a clue, i haven't done any growth scans but the midwives tell me "average but probably smaller than my last" (8lbs 10oz) so i'm guessing around 8lbs - 8lbs 8ozs. Only time will tell :)

I am knackered Woshy :( I'm starting to wonder if exhaustion is enough of a reason to be signed off work for a few days. Every night is the same now the restless legs and heartburn are killing me. And not every night but some nights when i do eventually fall asleep i get woken by leg cramps in the early hours. Not to mention a teething 2 year old getting Canines. I'm trying to focus on just getting to the bank holiday weekend ahead.

Ariana exhaustion is definitely enough of a reason to be signed off for a couple of days. Happened to me recently. Not sleeping well at night, bump and back really sore, heartburn. I was a walking zombie and doc said I just needed a few days to rest and recover. It was well worth it I just spent the days resting and sleeping and felt so much better after it. Don't know how you manage with a toddler as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks ariana. I feel better now that it's a weight off my shoulders. It's weird knowing though that I'm off for potentially the next 8-10 months :)

I agree that exhaustion is enough to take some time out. How did ante natal appt go yesterday? Could you go see your GP? I'd absolutely be looking for some rest time. The RLS just sounds horrendous.

Advertisement